tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:50 PM
Wingman II
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Sep 2011
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadracer View Post
Dammit Diggity, you're gonna need to add on to the house if you keep buying these 50cc monsters!
Probably gotta get a box trailer, if I want to take them both to the field. So I'm in the market for a 5x8 trailer.
diggity2424 is offline Find More Posts by diggity2424
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:52 PM
Fly low or fly home.
United States, PA, Dover
Joined Aug 2011
5,601 Posts
Plank let's get a video of your best flying. Just wait for the right time, like no wind and choose the plane you like best and lets see what you can do. your other vids just had alot of wind in them, does the wind ever stop there?
skarface is offline Find More Posts by skarface
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:55 PM
Aerobatic Fanatic
Joined Sep 2007
2,886 Posts
Looks like diggity finally got out of the heat! I left the park and ate lunch with the family then drove past the field on the way home and saw the gate locked about 20 minutes ago.

I'm might go back out in the evening before sunset though around 7:30ish and hope its not that hot
HugoCraft is offline Find More Posts by HugoCraft
Old Jun 30, 2012, 12:55 PM
3d NOOBular
USA, UT, St George
Joined Aug 2010
8,019 Posts
Ya the 51 will harrier around in a 20x20 ft space or tighter lol.
3DNater is offline Find More Posts by 3DNater
Old Jun 30, 2012, 01:26 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,704 Posts
I've been huckin the 48 around today. I think the sfg's I made are a nice addition, now I just gotta get some paint to match the wings.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:45 PM
Fly Low, Fly 3d, Repair Often
United States, OK, Weatherford
Joined Jun 2011
2,733 Posts
Guys,

My little boy had his 2 year old birthday party and grandpa got him a little remote control car which got me thinking.... I bet they make bigger and faster remote control cars and I bet they even make trucks. So do any of yall have a recommendation for a truck or anything? I wanna keep it simple and hopefully use the 1800 or 2200 mah 3s that I have. is that possible?
davebloomer is offline Find More Posts by davebloomer
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:45 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
Took out the super vyper and risen from castle creations fire 42" slick.

Get to the field at ten and the gate is still locked.

Not a soul out there...it rained for ten minutes and that was it. Awesome.

The slick has a savox servo for the rudder. Brand new and that thing is gittering all over the place. Going to put a 5065mg in its place.
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:48 PM
3DHS 'native'
USA, TX, Spring
Joined Jan 2008
5,929 Posts
Those traxxas trucks are pretty nice. I like the 1/16 grave digger or e revo. Not sure about the lipo use though. Most run on 2s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by davebloomer View Post
Guys,

My little boy had his 2 year old birthday party and grandpa got him a little remote control car which got me thinking.... I bet they make bigger and faster remote control cars and I bet they even make trucks. So do any of yall have a recommendation for a truck or anything? I wanna keep it simple and hopefully use the 1800 or 2200 mah 3s that I have. is that possible?
going4speed is offline Find More Posts by going4speed
Old Jun 30, 2012, 02:50 PM
Wingman II
Joined Sep 2011
1,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugocraft View Post
Looks like diggity finally got out of the heat! I left the park and ate lunch with the family then drove past the field on the way home and saw the gate locked about 20 minutes ago.

I'm might go back out in the evening before sunset though around 7:30ish and hope its not that hot
Finally left about 12:30. When your fingers and hands start to sweat on the transmitter, it's time to call it a day. 7:00am - 12:30pm. That's some good flying time!!!
diggity2424 is offline Find More Posts by diggity2424
Old Jun 30, 2012, 03:07 PM
United States, IL, Crystal Lake
Joined Jan 2009
5,516 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by diggity2424 View Post
Finally left about 12:30. When your fingers and hands start to sweat on the transmitter, it's time to call it a day. 7:00am - 12:30pm. That's some good flying time!!!
Wow - I was at my field from 8am until noon...I thought that was a long day! Flew the 51" Slick all over the place...working on small harrier circles and harrier landings and rolling harriers...basic stuff I know, but the rolling harriers are still a work in progress for me...the strange thing was...no wind...?! I didn't know how to fly the plane with no wind?! I'm used to flying in 15-20mph!
SnowDog1974 is online now Find More Posts by SnowDog1974
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Old Faithful - 3DHS 51" Slick
Old Jun 30, 2012, 03:19 PM
Team Hillbilly
United States, MD, Dundalk
Joined Feb 2009
3,492 Posts
Quote:
Guys,

For general fun I would suggest a short course type truck. these trucks emulate the pro2 and pro4 off road racing trucks. They are pretty durable and have bodies that cover the tires like the real deal. This helps when rubbing paint with friends. Traxxas is a good company and the parts are easily had via Lhs or Ebay. Most are setup for 2s. They might list 3s as an option but 2200mah just wont cut the mustard and 3s is really overpowered for these short course trucks. The slash or slash 4x4 by traxxas are both great choices. Both are waterproof as well. They aren't rated for under water running but you can bash all day in the puddles and not have a worry. You will see people on youtube running them in pools and such but I do not recommend doing it. The traxxas minis are also a decent choice and most of them are waterproof as well.
tominator06 is offline Find More Posts by tominator06
Old Jun 30, 2012, 03:46 PM
Ta-dah!
Texas
Joined May 2007
4,463 Posts
Quote:
Guys,

I have a Traxxas Slash for my girls and they play with it at times. Those trucks really beat the snot out of batteries and 3S2200 isn't enough. I just bought two NiCa Traxxas batteries when I got the truck it they have been plently.
blakevan is offline Find More Posts by blakevan
Old Jun 30, 2012, 04:01 PM
United States, GA, Acworth
Joined Mar 2011
4,336 Posts
yeah most everything runs off of 2s these days.

Also check out the HPI blitz and losi xxx-sct. You can find them in RTR versions around the $200 range, the perform better and are just as if not more durable than the traxxas offering
shadow102 is online now Find More Posts by shadow102