SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 30, 2012, 09:06 PM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
Yes, the front sprocket in the Microdrive set is made for the slotted layshaft. It cannot be used with the set-screw one.

It's available now at 2Wheelhobbies.com for $43.99, and comes with a gold, silver, or red rear sprocket. 2Wheelhobbies also has the pinned layshaft in stock ($4.79).

ill prob just get the lay shaft and the new sprocket for the pin setup, nothing wrong with my chain or rear sprocket, ill put the money i save towards the E-gyro
Rellik is offline Find More Posts by Rellik
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2012, 09:08 PM
Thunder Bay Ontario Canada
Joined Jul 2007
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Nicastro View Post
The parts are still supported, same as MM450, just added the E-Gyro. The mechanical version is disc.
Excellent. Thanks Chris. What will the E-Gyro be worth as an upgrade to an existing 450?
CPTGUY is offline Find More Posts by CPTGUY
Last edited by CPTGUY; May 30, 2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Forgot a word
Old May 30, 2012, 09:19 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Think I'm going with the IMAX B6, 34.00 with ac adaptor and everything plus it's the real one! Guna get me self a volt meter too, if it's no good them ill wait and save up for a better charger
Kurtis is offline Find More Posts by Kurtis
Old May 31, 2012, 07:01 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTGUY View Post
Excellent. Thanks Chris. What will the E-Gyro be worth as an upgrade to an existing 450?
It will make it a totally diff bike , it's going to have constant stability bc the motor runs continuously, and you can run at low speeds now, no more gears and all that stuff goin on in the rear, and less drag
Old May 31, 2012, 07:39 AM
Thunder Bay Ontario Canada
Joined Jul 2007
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
It will make it a totally diff bike , it's going to have constant stability bc the motor runs continuously, and you can run at low speeds now, no more gears and all that stuff goin on in the rear, and less drag
Thanks Rellik. Any word on price?
CPTGUY is offline Find More Posts by CPTGUY
Old May 31, 2012, 08:44 AM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Don't think it been priced yet but on venoms site it $139.99
Old May 31, 2012, 08:49 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined May 2011
90 Posts
vmx 450 lexan

KNOCK....KNOCK....Who is there?...oh parcel express girl ...lol.... Got sum goodies today.A set of vmx lexan bodies x2 and a set of fresh slicks....The old bod trashed thanks to the useless rear weel fender bar, a must mod copying that post way back of the alloy strip support mod easy enough hope it works just spent 25 bucks on new lexan!!!!.hmmm now what color SUZUKI? YAM? KWAKA?ktm maybe ............
UFRC is offline Find More Posts by UFRC
Old May 31, 2012, 10:44 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFRC View Post
KNOCK....KNOCK....Who is there?...oh parcel express girl ...lol.... Got sum goodies today.A set of vmx lexan bodies x2 and a set of fresh slicks....The old bod trashed thanks to the useless rear weel fender bar, a must mod copying that post way back of the alloy strip support mod easy enough hope it works just spent 25 bucks on new lexan!!!!.hmmm now what color SUZUKI? YAM? KWAKA?ktm maybe ............
I love Honda but an orange ktm would look sick.
Old May 31, 2012, 10:44 AM
UK, Brentwood, Brentwood
Joined Feb 2011
651 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFRC View Post
deen247 is offline Find More Posts by deen247
Old May 31, 2012, 10:47 AM
Joined Mar 2012
395 Posts
Why would they make the lay shaft with the pin avalible to buy, but not have the new gear needed to go with the shaft . Atleast we know we have it coming and between the new shaft and the E-gyro we should have a pretty solid and reliable bike that will be even more of a blast to run with out the extra worries
Old May 31, 2012, 10:50 AM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rellik View Post
i love honda but an orange ktm would look sick.
+1
Old May 31, 2012, 02:39 PM
United Kingdom, Beverley
Joined May 2012
154 Posts
Hi guys,

just want an opinion on this charger- http://www.hobbystores.co.uk/default.asp?itemid=TAC007

looks a lot better then the imax b6, it has a cooling fan so it dont get to hot,
it comes with everything,

just want an opinion before i buy everything tonight!
ordering my vmx tonight!!!

also UFRC how did you get a clear body for the vmx for free? i want one haha
Old May 31, 2012, 03:36 PM
RC Dirt Bike Action
California central coast
Joined Feb 2010
1,763 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guidoracer View Post
And speaking of sprockets, here is Alleven RC's new Microdrive set for the VMX/MM450. The sprockets are milled from 7075 alloy and require the use of the pinned layshaft for the VMX/MM450. I have almost 1 hour on the set, and they are holding up great -- a little stretching after the first run, and the sprockets show only cosmetic wear.
Picture of back wheel or it didnt happen!
JohnnyMc is online now Find More Posts by JohnnyMc
Old May 31, 2012, 03:42 PM
never stop building
Memphis, TN USA
Joined Apr 2009
936 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Why would they make the lay shaft with the pin avalible to buy, but not have the new gear needed to go with the shaft . Atleast we know we have it coming and between the new shaft and the E-gyro we should have a pretty solid and reliable bike that will be even more of a blast to run with out the extra worries
So if you break a pin you don't have to buy a whole new shaft etc.?...that's genius...tt could learn a few things from Chris/venom ..lol
dragbikebam is offline Find More Posts by dragbikebam
Last edited by dragbikebam; May 31, 2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old May 31, 2012, 05:28 PM
Post Falls, ID United States
Joined Feb 2004
4,343 Posts
I changed it to pin drive on the VMX to get rid of the set screw and related issues. It works great and the reliability so far has been perfect. We have abused the bikes with zero failures from the pin or shaft.
I would imagine this aftermarket sprocket should see the same results.

If you think your chain is stretched first check the rear axle and swing arm shaft. If they are bent the chain tension will slacken making you think the chain has stretched. These simple chains have a higher tensile strength than these bikes can produce so usually its worn sprockets or bent shafts to look out for.
Chris Nicastro is online now Find More Posts by Chris Nicastro