I've used xloader for years I have yet to encounter bugs
irun4fundotca is offline Find More Posts by irun4fundotca
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 11:48 AM
Find More Posts by midelic
Joined Apr 2012
4,478 Posts
You can produce yourself any hex with arduino ide. compile a blink sketch and see hex on C:\users\ ....
activate verbose on compilation and you'll see at the end of IDE window where is the hex.
midelic is online now Find More Posts by midelic
Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM
Joined Apr 2012
4,478 Posts
Just uploaded your hex with Xloader uploading ok.choose duemilanove/.nano /atmega328...my antivirus jumped it checked ok . and finished succesfully 246032 bits uploaded/Maybe your anitivirus quarantined the file ini or something
Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM
Find More Posts by blackmoon
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,961 Posts
@M I know it adds complexity, and you have little time, but why not make a single hex for all channel orders, a little like the "erase ID" hack, e.g. rotary switch 4+bind button at start = module configured for EATR, switch 5+ bind TAER, etc. no more any need to have people asking for the correct channel order for their TX. Just put a chapter on the first page explaining how to change channel order.

I also know that you are focused in the automatic protocol selection for ER9X, but a lot of people don't have a flashed TX, 9XR or even a Taranis. The implementation above would resolve this issue.
blackmoon is online now Find More Posts by blackmoon
Old Yesterday, 11:59 AM
Find More Posts by SadSack
United Kingdom, Bristol
Joined Aug 2008
1,829 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlRDMAN View Post
I am not a programmer, all over my head.

Bm
I'm alway looking here

Xloader works so does command line avrdude.
Can use Windows 'Send To' but needs to be setup. Only simple batch file placed in your send to folder. Can find info in Open Flight manual and in thread.....

Try using arduino ide blink test.
SadSack is online now Find More Posts by SadSack
Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,478 Posts
I was thinking in the future to do something like irunforfundotca said a cli interface.,,where you can change all these things,..but atm I'm so tight with time you cannot believe.Patches are faster for me right now .

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmoon View Post
@M I know it adds complexity, and you have little time, but why not make a single hex for all channel orders, a little like the "erase ID" hack, e.g. rotary switch 4+bind button at start = module configured for EATR, switch 5+ bind TAER, etc. no more any need to have people asking for the correct channel order for their TX. Just put a chapter on the first page explaining how to change channel order.

I also know that you are focused in the automatic protocol selection for ER9X, but a lot of people don't have a flashed TX, 9XR or even a Taranis. The implementation above would resolve this issue.
Old Yesterday, 12:25 PM
Find More Posts by BlRDMAN
Joined Oct 2011
223 Posts
i have been getting 24602 bytes uploaded. programmer is bought not diy and has never given me problems.

thanks for all the help guys much appreciated, but i'll have to get some sleep, 3:30am here now and the late nights have caught up with me

will continue later in the a.m.

bm
BlRDMAN is offline Find More Posts by BlRDMAN
Old Yesterday, 01:13 PM
Joined Oct 2011
223 Posts
I give it another half hour.

I'll put this out there before i head off to bed. It seems to me it is programming, maybe when i say nothing has changed i am wrong and it has but is still not correct.

I checked the ladybird and as it stands thr and rud are correct, ail and ele need to be swapped.

Just a though, but it is late

Bm
Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM
Joined Apr 2012
4,478 Posts
Ok Pm your email.I will send to you the new EATR versions by email.I don't want to load this thread too much with other useless versions.It will cause confusion.
Old Yesterday, 01:30 PM
Joined Oct 2011
223 Posts
Figured while people are about i would check my theory.

Uploaded earlier EATR.hex 23922 bytes successful.

Ladybird ch order is back to being correct.

My TTL-232 is good, Devo and DSM2 still not correct.

My theory is right

Night all.

edit pm sent
Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM
Find More Posts by blackmoon
flying beam
through the Looking Glass
Joined Apr 2008
1,961 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by midelic View Post
I was thinking in the future to do something like irunforfundotca said a cli interface.,,where you can change all these things,..but atm I'm so tight with time you cannot believe.Patches are faster for me right now .
Is there so much things to change ? while a CLI is understandable for a flight controller, I can't see the need in this case.

To do a CLI you'll have to dig into some windows API more time invested, next day, you'll have request like :"Dude nice soft but you know, I've two left hands, make me a nice point and click GUI", another day another guy : "Dude! I don't use no freaking windows sh*, do a Linux version", then android, IOS....

In this case you already have the logic inside your firmware, granted the switch nbr +bind button won't work, because you have to bind, obviously! Two solution to that :

1. if there is rotary switches with more than 16 positions (didn't check), just use that and assign three/four position to channel order change + bind (to avoid issues).

2. if not put a second button on the module, for switch nbr + channel order button.

And no more "Dude ...."
blackmoon is online now Find More Posts by blackmoon