SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 07, 2015, 05:51 PM
Find More Posts by iira
Joined Apr 2015
1 Posts
Discussion
Help me choose an FPV setup

Hey guys, I'm a beginner to flying quads and I've never flown FPV before. My skill level is almost at the point where I'm not crashing too often, and I'd like to get started with FPV.

The low end setups (like the Fatshark Teleporter or Predator) are really appealing because they're just RTF cheap. But, my worry is that I'll be disappointed by the video quality.

Quite frankly, I do have the money to spend on a nicer set-up, so been eyeing up the SkyZone goggles too. I know they're at opposite ends of the spectrum but there's not a whole lot inbetween, but I don't exactly want to lay out several hundred dollars on FPV when I'm only getting started so I'm not sure about going the high end route.

So, what are your thoughts on some of these set ups? Are the Teleporter and Predator good for a starter kit or would I get sick of the low res video quite quickly? Is the video quality of these lower setups decent enough to see what you're doing in some level of detail? Or, should I just forget about the low end setups and bite the bullet on the higher end stuff?

A bit lost here and could use the advice.

Thanks!
iira is offline Find More Posts by iira
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 07, 2015, 09:04 PM
Find More Posts by camaroguy
Canada, AB, Calgary
Joined Jun 2013
467 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iira View Post
Hey guys, I'm a beginner to flying quads and I've never flown FPV before. My skill level is almost at the point where I'm not crashing too often, and I'd like to get started with FPV.

The low end setups (like the Fatshark Teleporter or Predator) are really appealing because they're just RTF cheap. But, my worry is that I'll be disappointed by the video quality.

Quite frankly, I do have the money to spend on a nicer set-up, so been eyeing up the SkyZone goggles too. I know they're at opposite ends of the spectrum but there's not a whole lot inbetween, but I don't exactly want to lay out several hundred dollars on FPV when I'm only getting started so I'm not sure about going the high end route

So, what are your thoughts on some of these set ups? Are the Teleporter and Predator good for a starter kit or would I get sick of the low res video quite quickly? Is the video quality of these lower setups decent enough to see what you're doing in some level of detail? Or, should I just forget about the low end setups and bite the bullet on the higher end stuff?

A bit lost here and could use the advice.

Thanks!
Where are you located
camaroguy is offline Find More Posts by camaroguy
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 08, 2015, 10:33 AM
Find More Posts by parajared
helis, boats, cars and planes
United States, AZ, Prescott
Joined Oct 2013
473 Posts
Don't get too carried away with video quality at the moment. Everything within the typical buyers price range is standard quality, even the stuff that says HD on it. Teleporter and Predator should work fine. Several manufacturers are working on true HD video transmitters so maybe if you buy the HD goggles now some time in the future when the technology is actually viable they will be useful.
parajared is offline Find More Posts by parajared