HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 08, 2015, 03:41 AM
Adelaide Plains Australia
Joined Dec 2007
3,492 Posts
New Product
E-Flite NIGHT VisionAire

Looks like a new release from E-flite

With the E-flite® NIGHT VisionAire® park flyer, 3D fun can go on even after dark. Intense LED lighting gives the airframe a brilliant glow, plus the AS3X® system offers a multiple flight modes while SAFE® technology provides Panic Recovery mode.

Key Features

SAFE® technology provides Panic Recovery mode so there’s less risk of crashing
AS3X® system provides Precision and 3D flight modes
Spektrum AR636A DSMX® 6-channel receiver (installed)
High-intensity internal LED night lighting system (installed)
Powerful 10-size, 1250Kv BL outrunner motor (installed)
E-flite 40A Lite Pro brushless ESC with switch-mode BEC (installed)
Digital 13-gram micro servos with metal gears (installed)
Lightweight, carbon-reinforced Z-Foam™ construction
Advanced aerodynamics including leading-edge vortex generators
Two-piece, plug-in wing for easy transport and repair
3D-size control surfaces with double-beveled hinges
Durable wire landing gear and large wheels for flying off grass
Needed To Complete

Full-range 4+ channel programmable transmitter with Spektrum™ DSM2®/DSMX® technology
High-power 2200mAh 3S 11.1V Li-Po battery
3S LiPo compatible balance charger

NIGHT VisionAire 3D Park Flyer by E-Flite (2 min 12 sec)
ChuckTseeker is online now Find More Posts by ChuckTseeker
Last edited by ChuckTseeker; Jan 08, 2015 at 03:50 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2015, 03:56 AM
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
1,009 Posts
That's pretty cool. Hopefully the rec. will be adjustable like on the Viking and not locked out like on the SU-29. If its locked out there will be a lot of unhappy people.
Gregertman is offline Find More Posts by Gregertman
Old Jan 08, 2015, 04:51 AM
Joined Jan 2015
1 Posts
More details on the E-Flite Night VisionAire
yoyo26 is offline Find More Posts by yoyo26
Old Jan 08, 2015, 07:41 AM
"its not a hobby its obsession
United Kingdom, Meopham
Joined Jul 2014
1,552 Posts
Looks great chuck...its all well and good being able to see it in the dark...its the trees u can't see that pose the problems.. lol
jeff
jiggz is online now Find More Posts by jiggz
Old Jan 08, 2015, 07:46 AM
Joined Sep 2010
4,108 Posts
Sounds a lot like another locked rx to me - sure hope I'm wrong or they have a pnp version. I haven't looked at the specs yet to see if they say though.
bobly is offline Find More Posts by bobly
Old Jan 08, 2015, 09:08 AM
HedRick
United States, CT, East Haven
Joined Aug 2013
176 Posts
$400....yeah...no.
HedRick is offline Find More Posts by HedRick
Old Jan 08, 2015, 11:10 AM
Diverted by planks
South Florida
Joined Dec 2010
5,624 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobly View Post
Sounds a lot like another locked rx to me - sure hope I'm wrong or they have a pnp version. I haven't looked at the specs yet to see if they say though.
"Spektrum AR636A"...

Seriously, Spektrum, enough with this locked and cable crap. I am not buying any more crap with that in it. I don't want SAFE, and I don't want locked up flight modes and rates into the embedded wizardry.

Why did you sell us computer transmitters for with all the features that THEY have? So, a simple SPM file would have done the trick, (even include it on a small SD card with the model, if you like!) but no, now you've gone and made it a mess for everyone.

I love so much about Spektrum, but HATE this route they are plowing down at this point with the recievers. It's gonna bite em right on the butt, mark my words.
tracknoob is offline Find More Posts by tracknoob
Old Jan 08, 2015, 11:31 AM
United States, IL, Glenwood
Joined Nov 2013
1,009 Posts
Yep agreed bs locked out crap that most people don't want. Spectrum radio and lemon stabilizing receiver is the way to go if you want a gyro. But not if the plane cost what they want for it. Time to move on and look elsewhere for airplanes until e-flight is done with all this safe equipped planes at a premium price that comes with weak motors locked receivers and junk servos. By the time you replace all the garbage electronics with good stuff you could of just bought a good quality product in the first place. Like extreme flight ,or 3DHS and have a much better flying plane for the same amount of cash just add some led strips for night flight. If you must have foam go fms or scratch build or epp profile. You think they would of learned there lesson from the bad press they got from the SU-29 but I guess not. It's all about sucking in the poor un knowing newbie in and making a quick buck and not caring if the ever come back. They are starting to have more in common with hobby king every day.
Gregertman is offline Find More Posts by Gregertman
Old Jan 08, 2015, 11:37 AM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
2,014 Posts
Make one without receiver, and knock off $80-100 and I'm in!
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Jan 08, 2015, 11:50 AM
At High Altitude...
Ireland
Joined Jan 2013
1,789 Posts
I knew it would only be a matter of time before something new in the visionaire department came out from HH, fair play to them cause this is one awesome little plane!

Most likely one of the best selling 3D airplanes of all time.

Looks good,i wouldn't mind one either.
flightpunch34 is offline Find More Posts by flightpunch34
Old Jan 08, 2015, 11:57 AM
Horizon Hobby Employee
Joined May 2011
6 Posts
This AR636A is not what was used in the Sukhoi. The NIGHT VisionAire receiver can be flashed to the open-stock configuration, allowing the user to adjust gyro settings to their liking. However, doing so will also wipe SAFE programming, specifically the Panic Recovery feature. We will have the stock program available when the product ships so you'll be able to switch back if you'd like.

Important to note that reflashing the rx will have to be done via PC instead of the iOS app, so you'll have to get the interface cable:
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...rodID=SPMA3065

After the reflash, you can tune the receiver with the iOS app using the appropriate cable:
https://www.spektrumrc.com/Products/...rodID=SPMA3081
CrashTest84 is offline Find More Posts by CrashTest84
Old Jan 08, 2015, 12:04 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
8,067 Posts
I'm with the rest of the crowd, I'd like to buy one, but won't with the non programmable receiver. Use the same receiver in everything and do the specific programming if necessary but make it programmable so it can be used in something else or so we can customize it to our liking.

Crash Test posted while I was writing.

Has the PC software every been released?
Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Last edited by Azarr; Jan 08, 2015 at 12:11 PM.
Old Jan 08, 2015, 12:16 PM
Old age is not for sissies
Dayton Intl, Ohio, United States
Joined Jan 2000
8,067 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTest84 View Post
Important to note that reflashing the rx will have to be done via PC instead of the iOS app, so you'll have to get the interface cable:

After the reflash, you can tune the receiver with the iOS app using the appropriate cable:
These cables should be included with the aircraft rather than having to purchase them separately.

Azarr
Azarr is offline Find More Posts by Azarr
Old Jan 08, 2015, 12:17 PM
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Oct 2002
2,014 Posts
Now that im looking at the spare parts list, You can get the wings and the fuselage with the LEDs for about 100 bucks. That might not be a bad idea for those of us with a visionaire already.

Can one of the Horizon employees confirm if the airframe is the same and the parts are interchangeable?
TurboRacer is offline Find More Posts by TurboRacer
Old Jan 08, 2015, 12:27 PM
United States, UT, Salt Lake City
Joined Oct 2007
7,751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashTest84 View Post
This AR636A is not what was used in the Sukhoi. The NIGHT VisionAire receiver can be flashed to the open-stock configuration, allowing the user to adjust gyro settings to their liking. However, doing so will also wipe SAFE programming, specifically the Panic Recovery feature. We will have the stock program available when the product ships so you'll be able to switch back if you'd like.

PC interface --
This is what I have been awaiting - the phone stuff just doesn't do it for me ----------
richard hanson is offline Find More Posts by richard hanson