HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 10, 2013, 07:20 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,702 Posts
Discussion
AMA Expo 2013

Well, I am here at the AMA Expo in Ontario, CA. The booth has been setup and I will be present all 3 days, along with my lovely wife. There will be Nano's, XtremeLink modules, TattleTales, some original 8 and 10 channel receivers, and a few other miscellaneous items for sale.

I did bring the latest version of the XPS3216 transmitter for people to see. The coding has not been completed, but the board is the final version. I also brought the 1st generation for a comparison of the changes that have been made.

I did build a couple of prototypes of the new DivBee RF unit and 10 channel expander. I have already changed the expander to use a RGB LED, bigger CPU, and a few other things. Everything else will remain the same. The RF unit is about the size of a U.S. quarter, and about .250" thick.

I will post some pictures of the various items to this thread as time permits.

If you are looking for us, please come by booth 322 (corner booth) and look for the big "Xtreme Power Systems" banner at the top of the booth, or "XPS" logo on the front and side.
JimDrew is offline Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 10, 2013, 09:19 PM
most exalted one
BC Canada
Joined Aug 2002
3,466 Posts
Hope you have a successful expo. My wife suggested I use some airline points and head down there(enjoyed my last visit) but I just could not leave the snow!!!
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Jan 11, 2013, 12:39 AM
Launceston Arpt, Tasmania, Australia
Joined Jan 2004
564 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4*60 View Post
Hope you have a successful expo. My wife suggested I use some airline points and head down there(enjoyed my last visit) but I just could not leave the snow!!!
sounds just like me, I could not leave the heat and the bushfires either!
E_ferret is offline Find More Posts by E_ferret
Old Jan 11, 2013, 08:17 AM
PGR
Low AltiDude
United States, CA, Costa Mesa
Joined Jun 2004
7,845 Posts
Heh..

It's currently 34░F (1░C) at the convention center and they're expecting a high of only 50░ today.

But at least there's no precipitation in the forecast.

For those of you who are going to the Expo, please stop by and say hi when you're done visiting with Jim. I'll be in the flight demo area (ballroom) providing music and doing most of the announcing, and I always enjoy meeting fellow RCG denizens.

Pete
PGR is offline Find More Posts by PGR
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:49 AM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,158 Posts
nice!
theKM is offline Find More Posts by theKM
Old Jan 11, 2013, 02:49 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
1,956 Posts
I'll show up Sunday if it is raining as forecast.
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
Old Jan 12, 2013, 09:47 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,271 Posts
going sunday...Any good deals for elec. flyers?
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
Old Jan 13, 2013, 09:50 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,702 Posts
Sorry for no pictures. I didn't realize that RCGroups uses FLASH for the picture import, so there is no way to upload pictures from my iPad. I will have to dump the pictures and upload them when I get back.

I have not really been out of the booth, so I don't know if there are any great deals floating around or not. I plan to look at the other booths today.

I did have the guy handling JETI's FCC approval process come over to my booth and chat. JETI doesn't have FCC approval yet, and some of his ideas about how some of the approval process works was a bit interesting to say the least.

I did learn something new at the show. I have the original prototype XPS3216 transmitter and the recently finished production version on display. The finished version is missing the back cover and so laid down, it is very thin. 90% of the people that walked up to the booth were 'blown away' at how thin the transmitter was, then realized it was missing the back half. I will be making a second (super thin) back option available because of this feedback.

The response for the separate RF and servo outputs was absolutely as expected. Everyone loved the idea of being able to just bury their servo connection point anywhere in the aircraft (like we use to do with 72MHz) and have the receiver portion located in a "clean" spot in the aircraft. We have sold lots of products, including a lot of Futaba and JR modules - which surprised me a bit. There are still a lot of people that have not switched.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by JimDrew; Jan 13, 2013 at 09:55 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 01:43 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,158 Posts
install "Tapatalk" (there's a free and a $1 version)... pretty cool app for browsing vBulletin and supporting forums, will let you upload pics... just say'n

...not a bad app, but I mostly use it just to get pics off my phone/ipad into rcg.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 02:10 PM
Flagstaff, AZ
USA, AZ, Flagstaff
Joined Mar 2003
3,815 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
Sorry for no pictures. I didn't realize that RCGroups uses FLASH for the picture import, so there is no way to upload pictures from my iPad.
Jim,

I can upload photos from my iPhone 4S using the regular attachments managerů but not the flash based "advanced" manager. However for batch uploads the advanced manager is much easier.

Dawson

P.S. Thanks for the new Nano's.
dawsonh is offline Find More Posts by dawsonh
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:03 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,702 Posts
With the iPad, the option for selecting a single file to upload is not available. I will have to check my iPhone. I have Tapatalk for my iPhone. I will have to install it on my iPad.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:10 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,702 Posts
Here are some pics from the show. Thanks for the Tapatalk idea!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:14 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
15,702 Posts
Handheld telemetry display/applications box.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 13, 2013, 05:16 PM
↓↘→ + (punch)
central PA.
Joined Sep 2004
20,158 Posts
nice!... that's a far amount of hardware on display for vaporware...

DivBee RF unit + expander is looking awesome.
Last edited by theKM; Jan 13, 2013 at 05:22 PM.
Old Jan 13, 2013, 07:47 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
1,956 Posts
Mrs. XPS looks happy . Sorry I didn't make it over to say hello, but it was too nice a day not to fly.
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary