HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:34 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,171 Posts
Mini-HowTo
Injecting Glue

If you need to inject some Gorilla glue into a small gap or crack you gotta get some of these. Screw them on to a syringe, pull out the stopper, squirt some G-Glue into the syringe, then hold it with the tip up and push the stopper up into it until all the air is pushed out. (just like the doctors do in cheesy drama shows)

You need to put quite a bit of pressure on the syringe with the smaller tips to push the fairly thick G-Glue.

Also try some of these for harder to reach areas.

When you are done and the syringe is empty, pull it apart and wipe out the glue. Also squirt air through the tip to remove as much glue as you can. Disassemble everything and wipe the glue out. Then when it is sets, it pops right out so you can use them again if you need to conserve. The G-Glue doesn't stick the syringe or tip.
davidmc36 is offline Find More Posts by davidmc36
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 07, 2012, 05:23 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,171 Posts
Bend the tip

And on the longer tips you can bend them a bit to get those really hard to reach areas.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 07:38 AM
Good Better Best quest.
Australia, VIC, Cranbourne East
Joined Apr 2004
10,481 Posts
What gauge did you find best for urethane glues ? good to know .
olmod is online now Find More Posts by olmod
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:07 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by olmod View Post
What gauge did you find best for urethane glues ? good to know .
I mostly use 18ga. Good comprimise between small enough to fit gaps and big enough the glue is not too hard to come out. A couple sizes smaller will work decent too for small gaps, you just need to push a little harder or just push normal and hold it for a little while for the glue to ooze out.
Old Sep 07, 2012, 09:14 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,171 Posts
You can flatten the needle at the tip a bit to fit into smaller gaps without giving up overall cross-section.
Old Sep 09, 2012, 06:32 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,171 Posts
Experiment

I tried a little experiment.

Even after several days all I had to do was poke a tiny hard spot from inside the end of the needle.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:39 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,171 Posts
If you want something similar to Gorilla Glue, I went to the small hardware store near me and they did not have GG, but they had some LePage's Ultimate. Same type only it is a bit thinner so will inject easier and it does not foam as bad. Tried a couple test pieces and it seems to hold fine.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 11:40 AM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
I tried a little experiment.

Even after several days all I had to do was poke a tiny hard spot from inside the end of the needle.
But after about three weeks the needle was hard all the way. The stuff in the syringe was still fine.
Old Oct 07, 2012, 02:23 PM
No bounce, No play.
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Oct 2010
3,171 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmc36 View Post
If you want something similar to Gorilla Glue, I went to the small hardware store near me and they did not have GG, but they had some LePage's Ultimate. Same type only it is a bit thinner so will inject easier and it does not foam as bad. Tried a couple test pieces and it seems to hold fine.
Little boo-boo there. It's Elmer's.