Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Aug 17, 2012, 09:56 PM
Unregistered User
Long Beach, CA
Joined Mar 2010
1,041 Posts
New Product
Hobby King 1400mm GeeBee G3 EPO PNF

I just had to be the first kid on the block to have one. Under a Buck twenty, can't really go wrong. Should be here before next weekend
Will post video ASAP.
Kevin
HobbyKing Product Video - 1400mm GeeBee R3 (2 min 7 sec)

Made from tough EPO foam, this R3 is simple and fast to assemble, particularly as the brushless outrunner motor, ESC and servo's are all pre-installed.

Features:
Plug and Fly - Simply add your reciever and lipoly! (not included)
Easy and Fast to Assemble
Superb and Eye Catching Looks
Tough EPO Foam
Heavy Duty Under-Carriage and Large Wheels can Tackle Almost any Strip
Removable 1pc Wing for Easy Transport
Great Size with Loads of Presence
Impressive Aerobatic Performance Combined with Docile Low Speed Handling

Specs:
Wingspan: 1400mm
Length: 1328mm
Flying Weight: 2300g
ESC: 45A w/BEC
Servo: 9g x 2, 25g x 2
Motor: 3648 Brushless Outrunner Motor 600kv

Requires:
Your Own 4~6 Channel TX/RX
2650mAh~3300mAh 4s Lipoly Battery
P.S. Just wondering why no Hype and Hooplah like the Zephyr(which I have and is awesome) I also have the 1400mm Sbach342 EPO. Looking at the foam and finish on this, it might be from the same factory. If so, COOOL
kmdunnster is offline Find More Posts by kmdunnster
Last edited by kmdunnster; Aug 18, 2012 at 09:09 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:03 PM
Jesus Freak
Southern CA
Joined Oct 2008
3,209 Posts
very kewl
AtTheCross is offline Find More Posts by AtTheCross
Old Aug 17, 2012, 11:39 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
If I wanted to see a HK advertisement and video I would have gone to their site
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:28 AM
United States, GA, Grayson
Joined Mar 2008
506 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
He's probably just excited about his new model. Who hasn't? It's not like he joined a day ago just to make the post.
tripleup05 is offline Find More Posts by tripleup05
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:44 AM
Unregistered User
Long Beach, CA
Joined Mar 2010
1,041 Posts
Quote:
The reason that we have New product model threads is to discuss, then dissect each particular model giving everyone out there a little insight on assembly tips, what to do, and not to do, and in general "look out for this" kind of stuff. If you feel that this is an advertisment, you are sorely mistaken. The reason I started this thread off with the product video and description is that is the only information on the web at the time of this posting.The only bad part is when Hobby King comes out with cool new stuff, then they don't stock it in their other warehouses until months later.
Almost $40.00 shipping. Still under $160.00 PNF at my doorstep. Pretty hard to beat. Try getting one this size,quality and PRICE at your LHS. I should know, I work at one
Kev
Last edited by kmdunnster; Aug 18, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:18 AM
United States, GA, Grayson
Joined Mar 2008
506 Posts
What's your boss going to say when he learns you bought a plane from The Enemy? lol
tripleup05 is offline Find More Posts by tripleup05
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:22 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,920 Posts
Quote:
Did you accidental click on this thread and then the video?
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Aug 18, 2012, 10:38 AM
Unregistered User
Long Beach, CA
Joined Mar 2010
1,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tripleup05 View Post
What's your boss going to say when he learns you bought a plane from The Enemy? lol
In the past, I've probably brought a half dozen PNF airplanes in my shop. Usually to replace or repair an original part with ones we carry.. I.E. motors, servos, control horns, etc.. So.. it's all good
Kev
Last edited by kmdunnster; Aug 18, 2012 at 11:07 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 02:59 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdunnster View Post
The reason that we have New product model threads is to discuss, then dissect each particular model giving everyone out there a little insight on assembly tips, what to do, and not to do, and in general "look out for this" kind of stuff. If you feel that this is an advertisment, you are sorely mistaken. The reason I started this thread off with the product video and description is that is the only information on the web at the time of this posting.The only bad part is when Hobby King comes out with cool new stuff, then they don't stock it in their other warehouses until months later.
Almost $40.00 shipping. Still under $160.00 PNF at my doorstep. Pretty hard to beat. Try getting one this size,quality and PRICE at your LHS. I should know, I work at one
Kev
All you did was order the plane? You post the entire HK advertisement including their video. You rave about the quality and state what a great bargain it is yet you haven't even received it. I understand this thread is for discussing new products but don't you think your personal review of this plane is a bit premature. If you would have at least waited until you received it I wouldn't have commented. The picture looks great and I'm sure you're excited about getting a new plane in the hanger I would be too. The fact is HK now hires promoters and that makes me suspicious of threads like yours. I hope the plane lives up to your expectations.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 18, 2012, 08:56 PM
Unregistered User
Long Beach, CA
Joined Mar 2010
1,041 Posts
Quote:
All you did was order the plane? You post the entire HK advertisement including their video. You rave about the quality and state what a great bargain it is yet you haven't even received it. I understand this thread is for discussing new products but don't you think your personal review of this plane is a bit premature. If you would have at least waited until you received it I wouldn't have commented. The picture looks great and I'm sure you're excited about getting a new plane in the hanger I would be too. The fact is HK now hires promoters and that makes me suspicious of threads like yours. I hope the plane lives up to your expectations.
I DO NOT WORK FOR HOBBY KING. I am doing this for the benefit of others who decide to get this thing.. enough said
All I did was cut and paste from the H.K. website. Those aren't my words. I thought I made it clear that the only information at this time, is on the H.K. website. If you look at any new product thread, most of them start out with what the manufacter's specs and maybe a video because when it's new, that's all the information that's available. I'll delete all the fluff valanti
Kevin
P.S. It seems you've got some issues with Hobby King or something?
Last edited by kmdunnster; Aug 18, 2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 02:10 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,920 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmdunnster View Post
I DO NOT WORK FOR HOBBY KING. I am doing this for the benefit of others who decide to get this thing.. enough said
All I did was cut and paste from the H.K. website. Those aren't my words. I thought I made it clear that the only information at this time, is on the H.K. website. If you look at any new product thread, most of them start out with what the manufacter's specs and maybe a video because when it's new, that's all the information that's available. I'll delete all the fluff valanti
Kevin
P.S. It seems you've got some issues with Hobby King or something?
Take no notice of him. I believe you.

I come here to find out about new models and I don't give a stuff who tells me about them, or who they work for.

Personally I would never make allegations about another members I could substantiate.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 19, 2012, 07:36 PM
A4Framie
New Zealand, Marlborough, Woodbourne
Joined Nov 2011
231 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
Take no notice of him. I believe you.

I come here to find out about new models and I don't give a stuff who tells me about them, or who they work for.

Personally I would never make allegations about another members I could substantiate.
+1 for me! I have found the information shared on this website to be invaluable, every now and then you have to skip a few well-intentioned but less valuable (personal perception!) contributions.
alfiev is offline Find More Posts by alfiev
Old Aug 20, 2012, 01:30 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,825 Posts
Quote:
Wow! I'm speechless. This user does nothing but anti-HK post, so ignore him. Another one for the ignore list.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/searc...duser&u=340611

BTW - beautiful plane. Would love to see how it goes together and flies.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 04:19 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,920 Posts
Quote:
Are you in the RC business yourself? Is HK one of your competitors?
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 20, 2012, 07:54 AM
United States, NY, Center Moriches
Joined Feb 2012
157 Posts
This user does nothing but anti-HK post, so ignore him. Another one for the ignore list.

After checking out your link there is no doubt the poster of the negatives is a HK hater. I would ignore him. Thanks for the video and the link.
John S. is offline Find More Posts by John S.