HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2012, 12:26 PM
Joined Jul 2012
7 Posts
Careful!
HobbyPartz Blacklisting Customers

Hi,

This am new to the boards, but wanted to make users here aware that HobbyPartz Blacklists customers who return their products. I had GensAce LiPo arrive defective and tried to place an order for another battery but it was immediately rejected. I called into their customer service dept and they told me that she would need to have management take me off the list because I returned batteries.

I was going to use the packs for my buddy that is new to R/C, but just because a defective product was returned to HobbyPartz we are now forced to order else where because of HobbyPartz blacklisting me.

I have emailed upper management (raidenjames0@gmail.com) and still have not heard back. I was also told a supervisor would call me, which never happened.

What kind of company does this? Your business practices are downright terrible. I race at 4 different tracks here and will be sure to let fellow racers to know to stay away from HobbyPartz.
skengines is offline Find More Posts by skengines
Last edited by skengines; Jul 18, 2012 at 01:19 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2012, 01:58 PM
HobbypartZ Support
Joined May 2012
52 Posts
Hello skengines,

I apologize for any inconvenience you have experience. We value our customers highly and would not easily ban someone without legitimate cause. I personally know James answers his emails daily and as of this morning, all emails up to yesterday were cleared out. Of course, it is entirely possible that your email was overlooked and I apologize for the delay in response.

If you could please PM me your name and email and any other relevant information. I will look into the situation and help you out as best I can.
Nitro_Gary is offline Find More Posts by Nitro_Gary
Old Aug 01, 2012, 09:49 PM
Veteran RC Pilot!
USA, GA, Holly Springs
Joined Feb 2007
106 Posts
Do not Beleive them

This company is just difficult to deal with. When I ordered from them the first time they shipped less than half my order, NO BACKORDER, No Explanation, No Packing slip or Invoice! I try to e-mail, Call (forget it, you are on hold indefinitely) and through the forums, No answer, just more questions. Then after 2 weeks I open a case with paypal. This oriental person from Hobbypartz calls me on the phone and curses me out that I stole from him! I told him I was willing to pay for the goods I received but as no one could tell me the status of the balance of my order I did not wish to tie up my money if the product was going to be months! He threatened me and hung up. I sent a paypal for the items I received and never even received a confirmation. I am usually an understanding person but when you can not even get a straight answer from a company the radar goes up!
mundo330 is offline Find More Posts by mundo330
Old Aug 02, 2012, 02:00 AM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
I'm noticing a real pattern with these Hobby Partz problems.

1) Customer gets defective goods or no goods.

2) Customer asks for refund

3) Customer gets stonewalled. RT Danny is an excellent stonewaller, he should work for a government agency.

4) Customer escalates and goes near ballistic.

5) Radian Charlie shows up like an angel from heaven. He does a lot of apologizing and promising.

6) Customer hears Radian Charlie's list of spectacular reasons for delays in shipment and refunds.

7) Sometimes a partial refund or shipment actually is made.

8) This is called the Hobby Partz Customer Service Lottery.

I am going through this and am on about my fourth Radian Charlie spectacular excuse. When you go to their Better Business Bureau report (City of Industry) which shows a Flaming Red "F" (as low as you can get from the BBB), you also find how easy it is to add your complaint. The BBB is even nice enough to provide you with the Hobby Partz fax number.

Here is the direct link to the collection of Hobby Partz complaints the BBB has.

http://www.la.bbb.org/business-revie...ry-CA-13212870

The last I checked, there are over 60 complaints against Hobby Partz.

I am wondering if Radian Charlie, RT Danny, Anica and Nitro-whatever- his -name- is are all the same person.
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Aug 02, 2012, 06:56 AM
Joined Jun 2007
1 Posts
I have good luck with them

i bought some police lights and one of the leds was broken

this had to be done before it was packaged.

i called and got an answer and within a few days i had new lights
MR4X4KING is offline Find More Posts by MR4X4KING
Old Aug 13, 2012, 10:21 PM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,210 Posts
I've had really good service - shipped fast, high quality batteries, motors & ESC's - very happy.
Buzz_Man is offline Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Old Aug 14, 2012, 05:35 PM
Enjoy Life B4U Die!
United States, GA, Powder Springs
Joined Dec 1999
4,210 Posts
I just completed another order from HobbyPartz - two more motors & ESC's - woo hoo!

Thanks HP!
Buzz_Man is offline Find More Posts by Buzz_Man
Old Aug 16, 2012, 02:31 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
I've placed a few orders without problem. If there is some sort of blacklist that's simply a list of customers that had returns I'd be concerned. It's encouraging to see an actual support person from HP has responded unlike on the HK thread where your complaint would be met with obnoxious promotion and ridicule. Good Luck.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:33 PM
Helicopter Baron
United States, CO, Golden
Joined Feb 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz_Man View Post
I've had really good service - shipped fast, high quality batteries, motors & ESC's - very happy.
That's not customer service. I've placed a fair number of orders at HobbyPartz and XHeli and they do okay at putting boxes in the mail. But if anything ever goes wrong, good luck.
spaaarky21 is offline Find More Posts by spaaarky21
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:17 PM
ledpole
United States, NJ, West Deptford
Joined Jan 2012
52 Posts
HobbyPartz & no customer service

have ordered from them in past with no problems but ordered 13 batteries with a friend 2 weeks ago.(they just came back into stock after being out for several months) . He called me that the shipment showed up few days later. We thought what great service. Opened box and they sent 13 wrong batteries. He sent e-mail & RT Danny got right back asking for pictures of batteries & copy of shipping lable which correctly shows the batteries we ordered. Danny got right back to him agreeing they sent wrong batteries, send batteries back with copy of shipping receipt. Oh yea he will send a confirming e-mail with a # approving the return. This was last Monday. never got the approval e-mail with #. Danny doen't respond any more (2 more e-mails sent) & now batteries out of stock again. sometimes not worth saving a few $. this was not defective stock, which possibly could go out without being known. This was a complete screw up on their part. Stumblebee seems to have the complete scope of trying to deal with this company. Evidently they feel they have your $ so too bad. My friend is getting ready to cancell credit card payment. sooner or later the credit card companies will drop doing business them. Dont want to see anyone go out of business but give the customer what he orders & pays for. Just my rant !!
ledpole is offline Find More Posts by ledpole
Old Sep 16, 2012, 11:30 PM
Helicopter Baron
United States, CO, Golden
Joined Feb 2012
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledpole View Post
My friend is getting ready to cancell credit card payment. sooner or later the credit card companies will drop doing business them. Dont want to see anyone go out of business but give the customer what he orders & pays for. Just my rant !!
I agree. Even when they come through, it's never happens without a bunch of stalling. I'm not sure what PayPal's dispute process looks like now (not sure if they still take a cut) but I've placed orders recently that I wish I had paid for with a credit card instead. A lot of credit card companies issue refunds with no hassle and then it becomes the seller's responsibility to have the item shipped back if they choose. That might stop their stalling.
spaaarky21 is offline Find More Posts by spaaarky21
Old Sep 17, 2012, 09:26 PM
Port Coquitlam, BC CANADA
Joined Jun 2009
2,082 Posts
Okay. As I see it, this is the bottom line with Hobby Partz. They have a quickly growing number of complaints regarding back-orders, refunds, defective goods and wrong shipments. I had problems with an order that I dealt with mainly offline. The issues were resolved only after I made it abundantly clear that I was fully prepared to go to mat with them and make life very uncomfortable for them.

As users, we have two options. Option (1) If we are prepared to risk poor customer service and even worse dispute resolution that can take weeks, then by all means deal with Hobby Partz. Option (2) If we want our orders processed in a timely fashion with crystal clear communication and good customer service, don't deal with Hobby Partz.

That's how i see it, plain and simple. I have to work too hard for my money to have to put up with Hobby Partz again. They do have competition.
Stumblebee is offline Find More Posts by Stumblebee
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:59 AM
United States, CA, Ontario
Joined Mar 2002
7,591 Posts
ive returned a few battries , had problems with planes and still get great service with new orders ...
Dennis Everett is offline Find More Posts by Dennis Everett
Old Oct 18, 2012, 01:09 PM
Closed Account
Joined Apr 2010
1,025 Posts
Getting banned for making a return is becoming common.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1716013
And it's not like they don't have a reputation - I was warned about the xheli/nitroplanes,hobbyparts empire at least 3 years ago.
Personally, the only things I buy from them are cheap disposable items. If I get a defective blue lipo now and then I just dispose of it - it's not worth the frustration you have to go through to make a return. I wouldn't dream of buying anything expensive there.
karlik is offline Find More Posts by karlik