HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 30, 2011, 04:28 PM
United States, TX, Thrall
Joined Feb 2010
1,185 Posts
Question
Turnigy Plush 30amp throttle calibration

Putting some Turnigy Plush 30 ESC's on Avroto motors all run in correct direction but you have to move the stick about 18% and on one of them its about 25% before they start. The way I calibrated them was I put the throttle stick all the up pluged battery in got 2 beeps then 1 and moved the throttle stick to low and disconnected the battery with throttle trim at low as well. Programmed the the ESC with the card before calibrating in this manner I did this on the RC Timers and it worked but may not be right for the Turnigy Plush 30 ESC's does somebody have insight to whats going on this does not feel right with that much dead stick because they cut off at the some place. The revciever is a 9010X Spektrum and the 9303 converted to the DSM 2.4 module.
Any help would be great.

Michael64
Michael64 is offline Find More Posts by Michael64
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 30, 2011, 04:56 PM
Pants first, then shoes
Joined Jan 2011
2,759 Posts
Michael have you checked your trims and sub trims?. Also did you wait till you got the longer beep when you put the throttle back down to minimum?
Stacky is offline Find More Posts by Stacky
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:01 PM
Hawaii
Joined Feb 2003
5,952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael64 View Post
Putting some Turnigy Plush 30 ESC's on Avroto motors all run in correct direction but you have to move the stick about 18% and on one of them its about 25% before they start. The way I calibrated them was I put the throttle stick all the up pluged battery in got 2 beeps then 1 and moved the throttle stick to low and disconnected the battery with throttle trim at low as well. Programmed the the ESC with the card before calibrating in this manner I did this on the RC Timers and it worked but may not be right for the Turnigy Plush 30 ESC's does somebody have insight to whats going on this does not feel right with that much dead stick because they cut off at the some place. The revciever is a 9010X Spektrum and the 9303 converted to the DSM 2.4 module.
Any help would be great.

Michael64
Check the calibration again. If you are using MultiWii controller board you need to set throttle travel end points to 100% both high and low. Make sure throttle trim is centered and no sub trim

High throttle stick, plug in battery. ESC should go beep beep beep and then beep beep to confirm high stick. Then when you lower throttle stick you get one long beep if you have your battery type set to NiMH. If you set to LiPoly you will get more beeps then confirmed by beeps for the number of cells you are using.
SeismicCWave is offline Find More Posts by SeismicCWave
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:46 PM
Joined Feb 2010
1,185 Posts
Say thanks for the replies but this is I did now I binded it to a DX7SE I have and everything works normal and thats with the 9010X receiver just a different radio so this tell me the calibration in the radio is off if a lower the endpoint on the throttle it will work fine but I have never had to do that, not sure if thats a good or bad thing to do or even if it will hurt anything whats you alls thoughts on this. This is my first encounter with something like this. Maybe time for the JR 11X just thought I would wait awhile BUT.

SeismicCWave these are going in a Wookong Y-6 with Avroto motors and the motor to motor is 800mm.

Thanks in advance for help and opinions on this matter.

Michael64
Last edited by Michael64; Sep 30, 2011 at 05:49 PM. Reason: added info
Old Sep 30, 2011, 05:56 PM
Tri-Quad-Hexa-Octo-copters!!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Feb 2007
14,404 Posts
Hi Michael,
You did not mention what board you are using, but that is secondary to the fact that the ESCs are best each calibrated straight from the Rx ch3. You have already gotten good guidance on making sure your ch3 endpoints and trims are default before you do this. Make sure it is in ACRO mode and no channel mixing either before you calibrate the ESCs. If you want you can do them all at the same time by making a simple parallel connector pcb. Whitespy has a good post on doing that: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=678
Cheers,
Jim
Quadrocopter and Tricopter Mega Link Index
jesolins is offline Find More Posts by jesolins
Old Sep 30, 2011, 06:11 PM
Joined Feb 2010
1,185 Posts
Update put the throttle endpoint on low to 85 all seems well there is no mixing and everything was default Iam just doing them one a time on the receiver throttle channel on the 9010X receiver its not connected to any board which this one going to be Wookong system its just the receiver and motor and ESC and radio for setup of throttle and programming the ESC as well.
My question is will changing the endpoints alter the throttle when connected to the WKM it still has full throttle range.

Michael64
Last edited by Michael64; Sep 30, 2011 at 11:00 PM. Reason: Added info