Old May 29, 2014, 10:24 AM
Slopers Anonymous
USA, WA, Graham
Joined Feb 2002
243 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by winchdoc View Post
New/old flier Joe makes his first SDR touchdown
What a Purdy plane! Wonder where he got that?
bobbyjack is offline Find More Posts by bobbyjack
Old May 29, 2014, 11:12 PM
Useless Bay, WA
Joined Sep 2005
1,980 Posts
The 5 planes in the turn shot is a gem for sure, that man on man high speed insanity hour was over the top, it was amazing how coordinated it was. I felt pretty comfortable flying the Espadita.

Maybe this Fall we can get a huge Espadita Man on Man try not to kill each other fur ball going? What are there 5 or more in the neighborhood now>

Joe looks pretty happy, that's what it's all about!
ploof is online now Find More Posts by ploof
Old Jun 13, 2014, 12:52 AM
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined Mar 2007
185 Posts
Wind report for this weekend?

Looks like I will be heading to Pasco this weekend for a graduation party and I'm hoping to chuck a plane or two. Problem is that I'm not sure which website to trust for wind direction and speed, SO, can one of you more experienced Eagle Butte'rs give me your opinion if Eagle will be working Saturday afternoon? Windfinder.com for Richland airport is showing around 11knots out of the SSW. I won't have a lot of room so I'll have to bring a smallish plane, maybe two. If the windfinder forecast is close to accurate, I'm thinking an EPP wing (shudder, waiting for the smack upside the head from Dieter ) and maybe a 60" e-glider.

I won't have vehicle for SDR (soccer mom van most likely) and I've never been to Kiona or Chandler so I'm pretty much stuck on Eagle Butte, wind or no.
Thanks!
Tom
tomleach is offline Find More Posts by tomleach
Old Jun 13, 2014, 07:45 AM
USA, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2001
1,061 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomleach View Post
Looks like I will be heading to Pasco this weekend for a graduation party and I'm hoping to chuck a plane or two. Problem is that I'm not sure which website to trust for wind direction and speed, SO, can one of you more experienced Eagle Butte'rs give me your opinion if Eagle will be working Saturday afternoon? Windfinder.com for Richland airport is showing around 11knots out of the SSW. I won't have a lot of room so I'll have to bring a smallish plane, maybe two. If the windfinder forecast is close to accurate, I'm thinking an EPP wing (shudder, waiting for the smack upside the head from Dieter ) and maybe a 60" e-glider.

I won't have vehicle for SDR (soccer mom van most likely) and I've never been to Kiona or Chandler so I'm pretty much stuck on Eagle Butte, wind or no.
Thanks!
Tom
No worries. It will be Eagle, 30+

Dan
dang is offline Find More Posts by dang
Old Jun 13, 2014, 11:42 AM
Joined Mar 2007
185 Posts
Sweet, thanks Dan!
Tom
Old Jun 16, 2014, 05:27 PM
USA, WA, Olympia
Joined Jan 2001
1,061 Posts
How'd it go Tom?
dang is offline Find More Posts by dang
Old Jun 16, 2014, 07:39 PM
Joined Mar 2007
185 Posts
Time was too short, but I was able to get out for an hour and a half. The wind was good, but a bit slermaly on occasion where all the sudden the wind would just stop for a few minutes, but I flew both planes that I brought. Carl and Stan both made the trip out so I had some company on the hill while I was there. I think they were staying until Sunday as well but I had leave early for other family obligations.
All in all, a good day at Eagle.
Tom