HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:52 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brathanke View Post
Just took my 2 yr old out flying with me for an hour That kid is going to be a good stick someday. Just watch We had fun and I am still loving the 48 edge. Flew 4 packs at the turf farm.

The skills I practiced were hovering (always needs work), Elevator to inverted harrier, weeble-wobble from KE spin and back to KE spin. <--That is one fun way to use a downline Ends in an inverted flat spin that I like to try to get into an inverted harrier from. Sometimes going from a flat spin to harrier is difficult and I end up rolling out and flying away right side up.

Anyway, it is just a blast and the October conditions couldn't be better. Clear skies and a light breeze. Lots of sunshine and temps in the mid-80's. The only things missing were my sunglasses.

The job hunt is crazy... the economy still really stinks for finding a job. All of the firms that normally recruit are way down on the number of people they are hiring compared to normal. There are still jobs but they are hotly contested and so far I do not have any solid prospects after several interviews. I have an interview on Wednesday for a firm I would rather not work for but right now I can't be too picky. I am hoping for an interview with another firm that has an office in the community I live in right now. Boy it would be great to not have to move! We'll see what happens. I could use your prayers right now.

Prayers inbound!! Good luck Nate.

I could use another job too, I'm just not happy.
plowboy1966 is offline Find More Posts by plowboy1966
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:28 PM
Walk of Shame Season :)
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,757 Posts
Snowman Just toss some bread in the air and when they fly in hit em with your shoe
Here are some FPV links for you the first on is when you want to get fancy and have a nice screen with all the trinmmings like speed altitude engine temp etc....
http://www.bevrc.com/cyclops-storm-o...tion_p453.html

This is my Current Tx that hooks up to the Camera and goes on the plane
http://www.dronesvision.com/boscam-t...v-transmitter/

This the camera I have but I got this from my friend
http://www.nghobbies.com/cart/index....products_id=79

I think he's using the KX 191 now
http://www.rangevideo.com/index.php?...&keyword=kx171

The Receiver for the ground
http://www.bevrc.com/bev-24ghz-8ch-p...eiver_p44.html

He will send me the antenna links when he gets home

Brathanke thats sweet about the son joining you and yes look out, he will be putting you to shame at the field before you know it. Prayerss being sent your way

Billd I think if you are able to get inot the wing you could pop out a rib or two to get some measurements if they are different sizes go ahead and Guestimate how they should fit, remember its just a wing and the room for error is incredible just get it to look like its supposed to and then balance it out and add wood or glue to the light side to bring it right. you'll be surprized how easily and quick it actually comes together once you just get in there. Good luck in whatever way you go If you want to take some pics I'm sure we can walk you through some of what to do.
Waldopepperaxe is offline Find More Posts by Waldopepperaxe
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:38 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Anybody know what I should be when I grow up?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:55 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by plowboy1966 View Post
A Hucker
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:12 PM
United States, PA, Nottingham
Joined Aug 2009
504 Posts
Quote:
Not me, I'm still trying to figure it out too
billd76 is offline Find More Posts by billd76
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Aug 2009
504 Posts
Billd I think if you are able to get inot the wing you could pop out a rib or two to get some measurements if they are different sizes go ahead and Guestimate how they should fit, remember its just a wing and the room for error is incredible just get it to look like its supposed to and then balance it out and add wood or glue to the light side to bring it right. you'll be surprized how easily and quick it actually comes together once you just get in there. Good luck in whatever way you go If you want to take some pics I'm sure we can walk you through some of what to do.[/QUOTE]

Will do. I got the right side apart, I was surprised at how wasy it came apart with the heat gun. Will take my time and will definitely send you some pics when I get in a jam, and I'm sure I will at some point. The guy selling the RTF 19 offered a good price. I believe I'll get it anyway. Still want to rebuild the wing. Anyone want to buy a PA Extra MX with Hacker A4010s, 85 amp ESC and two 4 cell 2650 lipos? first 250.00 takes it. Never been crashed. I'll even throw in a 7 channel orange Rx (Specktrum) with extension RTF!!!! . I like the plane, just don't fly it much and it would make it easier to get the RTF dynafilte RTF 19 . Oh and when I rebuild the wing on the 19 I would like to make it so that it is two halfs instead on one piece, so any suggestions on that would be great!!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:27 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
I just got done for the day, think I'll go fly the Sabre.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:18 PM
A trail of smoke is GOOD!
USA, TX, Springtown
Joined May 2008
7,224 Posts
What a scare! I put two NY Strips on the grill and did not see any A-1 in the fridge. We had a bottle in the pantry thankfully.

That was close....
waynemia is offline Find More Posts by waynemia
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:01 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Leave it alone Snowman, there's no accounting for taste!!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:07 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,757 Posts
Quote:
perhaps taller

Billd cool and glad to hear your going to tackle it as far as a 2 piece goes there are a few things you can do depending on how it sits on the fuse, pics will help

Wayne likes pushin buttons lol
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:11 PM
winston mo
Joined Oct 2006
7,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by waynemia View Post
What a scare! I put two NY Strips on the grill and did not see any A-1 in the fridge. We had a bottle in the pantry thankfully.

That was close....
Thats plain scary Wayne. I'm glad it all worked out for you. After all steak is not steak with out A-1.
And we all know texans know their beef.
kerwin50 is offline Find More Posts by kerwin50
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:26 PM
Joined Aug 2009
504 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waldopepperaxe View Post
perhaps taller

Billd cool and glad to hear your going to tackle it as far as a 2 piece goes there are a few things you can do depending on how it sits on the fuse, pics will help

Wayne likes pushin buttons lol
Well, I have no wing at the moment to take a pic of! The rear is held down by two screws on each lower side, and the front is two 1/4 (might be a little bigger) dowels on each side. I think it can be done.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:12 PM
United States, MI, Houghton
Joined Jan 2005
4,927 Posts
Plow, I'm going to take the high road on this one......I had typed out this lengthy treatise lambasting those with immature palates, but I chose to "delete" and remain mute. Thank you for your sage advice! As to your question about what to be when you grow up.....don't.....seek out every experience that presents itself and roust those that hold tight to secluded places.......for it's not about being the one with the most toys that wins, but rather the most experience. My grandfather told me once....."We live till we die, but it's the knowledgeable man that wrings out the most from the journey." And this one is my favorite: "Oh, and son.......don't ever make excuses."
snowman is offline Find More Posts by snowman
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:23 PM
Do Da Dippidy
Joined Jun 2008
7,303 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman View Post
Plow, I'm going to take the high road on this one......I had typed out this lengthy treatise lambasting those with immature palates, but I chose to "delete" and remain mute. Thank you for your sage advice! As to your question about what to be when you grow up.....don't.....seek out every experience that presents itself and roust those that hold tight to secluded places.......for it's not about being the one with the most toys that wins, but rather the most experience. My grandfather told me once....."We live till we die, but it's the knowledgeable man that wrings out the most from the journey." And this one is my favorite: "Oh, and son.......don't ever make excuses."

Indeed!! I like your grandpa's advice! My grandfather was a mean old Coonass who's only advice to me was, don't turn anything down unless it's face down!! He had his last heart attack when he was 77, the woman he was with those final moments was 33. I think I have disappointed him by not adhering to such base notions, although it took me a long time to see the folly! Still, he went out in style!
Old Oct 10, 2012, 09:46 PM
NY
Joined Jun 2008
4,757 Posts
Billd you can either use a wing tube type thing or a hard piece of ply glued into one end on the center spar and then slide it in and out of the other half, the bolts and dowels shoule be enogh to hold it in position and the spar join will just assist in keeping it from flexing.

Snowman Sound advice indeed and plow I'd have to say the same the only advice I was ever given was to cut my hair but to me the happiest man is a man who lives how he wants to live. If you're happy you have gained the best achievement in the game of life. This morning I was given extra bacon on my Dunkin Donut Bacon egg and cheese does it get any better than that? Really lol

I have taken a month off from work I don't think I mentioned that they suspended my parking permit for a month so I had almost 300 hours of vacation and am now free wheeling at home