Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 15, 2009, 03:24 AM
Camperdown, Sydney
Joined May 2009
375 Posts
oh no.....I feel sorry for ur crash
but one question, do they handle more wind then profile foamies?
icy_wind500 is offline Find More Posts by icy_wind500
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 21, 2010, 12:02 PM
Joined Nov 2007
23 Posts
one word review

GARBAGE.
an absoloute P.O.S.
angry elvis is offline Find More Posts by angry elvis
Old Mar 23, 2010, 05:43 AM
Dr. Dave
USA
Joined Nov 2005
1,316 Posts
IN several words, this is a good little flyer, but not a slow flyer 3D plane. It is clean and will move on pretty well. It uses a geared motor setup that swings a good size prop but overall it is light weight. Value is good.
78dave is offline Find More Posts by 78dave
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 23, 2010, 03:22 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by angry elvis View Post
GARBAGE.
an absoloute P.O.S.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78dave View Post
IN several words, this is a good little flyer, but not a slow flyer 3D plane. It is clean and will move on pretty well. It uses a geared motor setup that swings a good size prop but overall it is light weight. Value is good.
Thanks for the reviews. My Acromaster is breaking down. The nose is breaking off (just fiber glassed and epoxied it back on). Wings now need to be modified to stay on in spins. So, I was looking for a no work replacement.

I think between the one word review and the 4 sentence review that saved me a lot of time deciding whether to get this plane or not for my son. I was looking for a no work solution aka RTF because I don't have a whole lot of time these days to put a plane together.

I will go ahead and skip this one. I am looking for a fully 3D capable plane of good quality. I may have to go balsa and the process of putting all of the electronics in another plane.
3D-Dabbler is offline Find More Posts by 3D-Dabbler
Old Apr 20, 2010, 10:35 AM
Joined Apr 2010
1 Posts
C.g.

I just completed my yak, same model, and my C.G. is at 3 1/8 in. The book call between 0 and 2 1/2 in. Should i correct this before flying or it's OK.
I need to add 68 gr ( 2.4 on ) in cowling just under spinner to balance.

Any suggestions. Thank you.
pzucco is offline Find More Posts by pzucco
Old Apr 29, 2010, 08:39 PM
MwuHaHaHaHaHa....
Naperville IL.
Joined Dec 2006
95 Posts
I just got mine, and the motor worked. I took it out again and now the thing has quit on me. I'm so confused! Troubleshooting in the manual says to make sure the "Start Switch" is activated. Problem is, It doesn't really say what the start switch is or where it's at. That's the last thing I can try to fix it.

If you have any suggestions, I'm anxious to here them. It'd be really helpful. My propshaft is also a bit bent; what should I do about that? I'd love to get into 3D flying, but the thing is giving me fits.

Thanks!

Noah Ice
JARdude is offline Find More Posts by JARdude
Old Apr 29, 2010, 10:47 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
You mentioned that the motor worked..... It should work the same way every time. So, if you have fully charged batteries in both the TX and the plane and both are plugged in properly and turned on then it should just work.

A bent prop shaft is a disaster. How did it get bent? Did you fly it already and crash it? On these super cheap planes the motor shaft is not very strong nor replaceable. Usually you need to buy a new motor.

Flying with a bent shaft could be very dangerous in addition to making the plane very difficult to control.
Old Apr 30, 2010, 05:07 PM
MwuHaHaHaHaHa....
Naperville IL.
Joined Dec 2006
95 Posts
I'll just have to get a new motor, which I don't really mind. The one that comes on this plane is somewhat cheap. Thanks for your reply, nobody else was really helpful. I appreciate it.
JARdude is offline Find More Posts by JARdude
Old Apr 30, 2010, 07:40 PM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
np, good luck
Old May 28, 2010, 11:34 PM
UH-1 Gunship, AH-1G jock 69-71
So Cal ... Kingdom of Taxes
Joined Nov 2008
440 Posts
DON'T DO IT!!!!! NEVER buy anything from NitroPlanes (aka RaidenTech, XHELI, BananaHobby, etc x10 - they all have the same or similar phone numbers in City of Industry, L.A.)

Do you know how many thousands of complaints there are against NitroPlanes et. al on this and other forums? I've bought planes from these guys that don't fly, can't fly, will never fly as advertised, or had planes delivered missing parts which NitroPlanes has never replaced! Their ads are BS and mostly lies regarding the planes performance.

You've been warned. Just say no.

Spend a little more at your LHS, or buy online from REPUTABLE hobby stores like Hobby Lobby, Tower Hobby, Hobby People, OmniModels and others.
makeitworst is offline Find More Posts by makeitworst
Old Jun 12, 2010, 12:42 AM
United States, GA, Snellville
Joined Nov 2005
852 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by makeitworst View Post
DON'T DO IT!!!!! NEVER buy anything from NitroPlanes (aka RaidenTech, XHELI, BananaHobby, etc x10 - they all have the same or similar phone numbers in City of Industry, L.A.)

Do you know how many thousands of complaints there are against NitroPlanes et. al on this and other forums? I've bought planes from these guys that don't fly, can't fly, will never fly as advertised, or had planes delivered missing parts which NitroPlanes has never replaced! Their ads are BS and mostly lies regarding the planes performance.

You've been warned. Just say no.

Spend a little more at your LHS, or buy online from REPUTABLE hobby stores like Hobby Lobby, Tower Hobby, Hobby People, OmniModels and others.
Funny, I have this yak 54 and it flies Fine, just needed 1/2 ounce weight in the nose to balance. Ive bought several items from nitroplanes and banana hobby. other than crappy stock lipos, all worked fine. Yes they did need adjustments, but thats a given to an experienced rc'er.

your post seems to be trolling as it really doesnt have anything to do with this yak at all. decent product at a decent price. Yes its quality is lacking compared to an horizon plane, but its a decent beginner 3d plane like the review mentioned.

Horizion is a top notch company, and I do buy what i can of their product from my LHS, but some things im into they dont have ( foamy edfs). Tower hobbies left me with a sour taste in my mouth after my Novus CP taking a dump on its second day flight and not getting any help from them. Spending $220 only to find out it was a rebadged outdated walkera heli kinda sucked. especially to get one with a bad radio to boot.
smasher41 is offline Find More Posts by smasher41
Old Jun 12, 2010, 10:06 AM
Just "hanging" Around
Richmond, VA
Joined Oct 2009
1,589 Posts
I don't think Makeit's post was trolling at all. I think people warning others about low quality companies helps us all avoid terrible experiences. All you have to do is visit the vendor forums and the BBB site to validate MakeIt's claims... Many people may not see or know about that information so I don't see a problem with anyone posting warnings.

Some people have really low standards for airframes that they buy and the repairs that they need to make right out of the box. I don't think most people feel that way. Maybe experienced RCers that have been in the hobby for a decade or so have seen general industry standards go from really low to what we have now.

Personally, I don't buy products that have to be modified brand new and right out of the box. So, I appreciate folks that help me identify products that don't meet that standard.
Old Aug 02, 2010, 10:59 AM
RC Paramotor Pilot
Brasov, ROMANIA
Joined Aug 2008
195 Posts
Hi 78dave,

very useful review. I bought one.

I mount. Control for ruder seem to be too short (at limit).

Do you recomend for a beginer, to move too aileron control in inner hole of servo control, or don't modify.

I use a Spektrum Dx5e (have Low/high rate).

Thanks,

Popa D.
popad is offline Find More Posts by popad
Old Aug 10, 2010, 05:53 AM
Dr. Dave
USA
Joined Nov 2005
1,316 Posts
I seem to remember that. I am not sure if I used a different linkage, but that does not seem likely. Use the full control but of all the surface the rudder can be unforgiving if used at low speed. For 3D though the rudder is an absolute necessity.
78dave is offline Find More Posts by 78dave
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2011, 04:59 AM
Malta
Joined May 2008
67 Posts
I would like to convert my stock geared motor with a direct one! What brushless outrunner motor and ESC and prop do you recomend me to use on this plane (3s battery) ?????
mecci is offline Find More Posts by mecci