HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 08, 2012, 07:04 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
Discussion
OSD resets

Hi,

I have the V4 logger and OSD pro installed on my Grim Reaper wing. For some reason when I throttle up on take off, and occasionally even with the ESC "bleeps" to indicate 'armed,' the OSD reboots. It cant be a loose wire because it has done this on the ground with no movement. And I've wiggled all the wires and boards and cant manually reproduce it.

The elogger connects to the battery directly and have regulators on the 'output' side for electronics. My camera doesnt glitch when this happens, so I doubt its actually losing power. I dont have RTH setup yet, so there are no other wires going to the OSD other than the GPS. This glitch does not happen in the air with the motor is turning, even if I go to idle (I dont have brake enabled, so the prop windmills).

Its some kind of feedback, but I dont know how that would affect the elogger. Nor do I know how to stop it. I"m using a CC50 btw.

Thanks

Aazam
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 12, 2012, 01:44 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
Hi, and sorry for delay in getting back to you (bad cold).

The fact that it happens only on take off throttle up, and not in the air, suggests that it's either a brownout situation, or a LOT of noise is getting into the OSD (though I would be surprised if the latter could cause a reboot). The ESC can work much harder during launch than otherwise.

Can you confirm you have good ground connection between the camera, the video transmitter, and the OSD? ground wires from both camera and VTx need to be connected to the OSD.

When the OSD reboots, does anything look differently on the screen than when you do a normal boot (when power is applied)?

It might be good to post a quick sketch of your wiring diagram if nothing else helps.
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor