Help!
Thermocouple expander not working

hello,
my setup consists of:
- EGT car data recorder
- seagull dashboard
- 2x thermocouple expanders
i attached a picture below

i'm using software version 10.04, firmware 5.71 for recorder, 4.83 for dashboard.

the problem is i can't get the expander to show any value in the dashboard nor in the pc software; i attached the screenshots from live mode:
- first shows the same setup i pictured (recorder, thermocouple expander) where egta and egtb are 0
- second shows the values when i connect the telemetry tx (the egta and egtb go from 0 to 1373.5)
- third show the values when i connect some temperature probes that are actually working

i have two thermocouple expanders and i tried to connect them alone or together but nothing changes, they simply cannot show real value, can you help me?
thanks,
enrico
enmaino is offline Find More Posts by enmaino
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2012, 10:19 PM
Joined Nov 2003
4,920 Posts
Hi, sorry to hear about your issue with the EGT sensor.

As a troubleshooting step, would you mind switching from the Car to the Flight model profile under "Software, Set Model Type" and see if the display is correct?
billpa is offline Find More Posts by billpa
Site Sponsor