Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 10, 2014, 02:13 PM
United States, FL, Land O' Lakes
Joined Mar 2001
691 Posts
Alert
US Drone Users Largely Silent

Every one of us that flys FPV need to go to Regulations.gov and make thier voice heard.

Please read this article, get motivated and act!

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gregorym...limit-flights/
AdrianM is offline Find More Posts by AdrianM
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 10, 2014, 02:39 PM
Bay Area
Joined Dec 2010
2,368 Posts
There has definitely been enough of an uproar, it's really up to individuals to take even an hour (likely less) to protect what we do.

There are a million reasons why one can't do it (mostly... "too busy"), but the reality is every one of us needs to step up and at least pick one part of the FAA's response to pick apart with their post in opposition.

There are some times in life when it's important to both ourselves and others to step up to do the right thing. For those who enjoy RC and FPV, this cause is ripe for your support.

Please take a moment and help out to stand up against unreasonable regulations.
CaliDave is offline Find More Posts by CaliDave
Old Jul 10, 2014, 06:15 PM
Joined Jun 2014
2 Posts
The hobby is going to die via over-regulation unless people start finding their voice now...and it will die soon. If you don't care, fine, but don't complain when it happens...just go play golf, until they ban that as well.
congaree is offline Find More Posts by congaree
Old Jul 10, 2014, 06:33 PM
Joined Feb 2014
20 Posts
It took me 10 minutes to write a response to the FAA on Regulations.gov, and just 3 minutes to sign the petition on change.org. That's a total of just 13 minutes!

Come on everyone; if you just take 15 minutes to give your feedback, we can insure that FPV remains legal. The FAA hasn't banned it yet, they have given us a 30 day window to make comments, so make your comments and be heard. Instead of whining on the forums here.
sscott.za is offline Find More Posts by sscott.za
Old Jul 10, 2014, 07:12 PM
United States, AZ, Flagstaff
Joined Feb 2014
65 Posts
I have responded to the recent reinterpretation of the RC guidelines and stated why i think FPV goggles should not be banned and shared how I fly as safe as possible while using goggles. I also understand why the FAA has had to make this statement because A LOT of people use FPV goggles to fly where they shouldnt; like over cities and people, above the 400ft height limit and near airports, and the FAA thinks it would be easier to just ban the goggles than to go after all the people using them dangerously.
The fact is if people would have followed the guidelines in the first place we wouldnt be in this situation, but there are so many arrogant and reckless quad pilots that think they could do whatever they want and fly wherever they want no matter who it put in danger, and the FAA was just sick of it. So hopefully we can convince the FAA to only prosecute those who fly reckless and not ruin FPV for all of us, but its not looking too good.
djadub is offline Find More Posts by djadub
Old Jul 10, 2014, 08:37 PM
Member #1
Australia, NSW, Picnic Point
Joined Aug 2011
6,761 Posts
You all just need to use some common sense (its free!!) as to where and who you fly FPV with. Take it underground out to the most remote site you can get to that isnt a massive drive. We are lucky here in Sydney Australia that even for a huge city in size and population, we only need drive about 25-45 minutes to get to a site that has zero housing and is literally farming land.

Stay away from any kind of flight paths be it private or commercial so they have nothing to worry about too.

As much as we like to take the piss out of you Americans about having it banned, we know that one day we will also have it banned here cause like you, we have the morons that dont use common sense instead they use DJI Pantoms....LoL. So there is always going to be that minority that dont give 2 sh175 about us long term FPV guys cause they buy there little rigs, crash them and are never to be seen again in the hobby so therefore they dont think about the other guys that are doing it as their preferred style of flying.

Its inevitable as Kim Jong iL tried to say once, or twice? Actually, he said it alot! LoL

We have to just be smart about it and you (and us eventually) just need to promote the old common sense. If you see someone at the local park flying a Quad or similar, dont be affraid to approach them and even direct them to these forums as I have done a number of times to not only the guys flying Phantoms ect but also the guys that are the ones to come up and say "hey man, that drone is sick bro!! Where can I get one, and how far do they go??"

These, are the people we need to educate.

Anyway, food for thought that many have said before me and will say after me.

**Cue applause**
Teamsherman is online now Find More Posts by Teamsherman
Old Jul 10, 2014, 08:41 PM
eternal noob
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Jul 2006
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post
**Cue applause**
*applause*
Caphead is offline Find More Posts by Caphead
Old Jul 10, 2014, 08:44 PM
eternal noob
United States, CT, Waterbury
Joined Jul 2006
134 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by congaree View Post
The hobby is going to die via over-regulation unless people start finding their voice now...and it will die soon. If you don't care, fine, but don't complain when it happens...just go play golf, until they ban that as well.
yes we do our part by responding.. but I have little faith that even with 200,000 comments it is going to matter. When was the last time over regulation was stopped by the voice of the people?
Caphead is offline Find More Posts by Caphead
Old Yesterday, 01:50 PM
United States, FL, Land O' Lakes
Joined Mar 2001
691 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caphead View Post
yes we do our part by responding.. but I have little faith that even with 200,000 comments it is going to matter. When was the last time over regulation was stopped by the voice of the people?
The probability of a positive response is ZERO of no one speaks up.
AdrianM is offline Find More Posts by AdrianM
Old Yesterday, 05:23 PM
Tesla's Workshop
USA, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2004
2,427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdrianM View Post
The probability of a positive response is ZERO of no one speaks up.
Then ACT up... Actions speak louder than words...
workshop is online now Find More Posts by workshop
Old Yesterday, 10:05 PM
Quad fun for everyone!
United States, WI, Madison
Joined Oct 2013
287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsherman View Post

**Cue applause**
**Applause**

No joke. Great post, this should be read to every idiot (well, they are not all idiots) buying phantoms on Amazon and EBay. Get into the hobby and fly safely!!!

BTW I have posted feedback on the official site, and signed both petitions. Come on let's do this we need more FPVers and RCers to sign.
RC2211 is offline Find More Posts by RC2211