HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
This thread is privately moderated by Spec UAV, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 01:44 PM
Performance & Quality
Joined Apr 2014
68 Posts
Contest
“The Lotus Hunt” an FPV Scavenger Hunt by Spec UAV

Spec UAV is proud to announce and present to you the LOTUS 1280, a five 5 bladed circularly polarized antenna for 1.2/1.3 ghz Fpv that offers clear & reliable video signal for both fixed wing and multi-rotors pilots.

To kick off our first antenna in our soon-to-be growing product line, we are hosting a FPV Scavenger Hunt that will give you a chance to win an antenna set every month. So dust off those goggles, spring is here and it's hunting season!

To learn more about Spec UAV, see pics, screen shots & videos just click here.
These antennas are now available for pre-sale at a discounted price. Click the link above to learn more.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Prizes:

1st Place - LOTUS 1280 set (2) + Juggernaut FPV Wing - 48"
2nd Place – LOTUS 1280 set (2) + Team Blacksheep Discovery Frame
3rd Place – A 50% off discount coupon for single Lotus 1280 + A Rotorgeeks 12A BLHeli ESC - Quadpack
4th Place - This month - Spec UAV is happy to announce that SweepWings is going to offer a t-shirt (XL)
and some cool fpv stickers as a prize in this months Lotus FPV Scavenger Hunt. Pics

PLUS ! - Each winner will receive a free 1yr RCG+ Plus membership from RCG.

__________________________________________________ _________________________________

Deciding the winners:
Each qualify entry will be assigned a number at the end of the each “Hunt” entered into a random number generator. Those that film the “Bonus Target” will get an additional number/entry and therefore have two chances to win.

Targets:
Each “Hunt” will list specific targets. You only need to pick any 2 and film them via fpv for your entry.
One of these targets will be marked as a “Bonus Target”. If you film the “Bonus Target” and include it with the other two targets (for a total of three) you will get an additional entry into the pool, increasing your chances to win.

Rules:
  • Title of all entries must be in this format - "The Lotus FPV Scavenger Hunt by Spec UAV - Hunt #3"
  • A web link to both SPECUAV.com & this thread MUST be posted in the description of the video.
  • Video must be posted either at Youtube or Vimeo and then here.
  • Each winner of a hunt will be excluded from entry for the (2) consecutive hunts.
  • Maximum video length is 3 mins. Anything longer is too time consuming and frankly boring.
  • The upload/published date, MUST fall within the dates of that hunt.
  • Winners outside the USA/CAN will be req'd to pay for actual shipping.
  • Each hunt must have a minimum of 5 qualifying videos submitted, else all current entries will role over to the following hunt. You will NOT have to re-submit your video to remain in the next hunt.
Spec UAV is offline Find More Posts by Spec UAV
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Spec UAV; Jun 24, 2014 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Formatting
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 23, 2014, 01:46 PM
Performance & Quality
Joined Apr 2014
68 Posts
HUNT #3 - Starts NOW! June 20th to July 31st - midnight eastern
Previous Hunts & Winners located Here.
Suggestion Box - Here

Airplane/Wing/Multi Rotor - Targets*

1. - Flyby of a kite or helium balloons. The helium balloons don't have to be tethered.
2. - "Limbo" - Fly under a stretched out streamer across your field. Low as you want, but less than 10 ft.
Or Fly between the vertical uprights of a football goal post. Under it would count as a "limbo".
3. - Spot a yellow vehicle from inflight. (Stolen from the other hunt ) Or any type of bus.
4. - Film another rc aircraft making a landing.
5. - Follow a stream, river, lake coastline or ocean coastline for 30 seconds in one direction.
6. - Bonus Target - Fireworks seen from inflight. A single bottle rocket counts! Roman candles, etc... What did you expect, it's July !

Ground Pounders -Targets*
aka Fpv cars/trucks etc...

1. - FPV down a football field, around the far goal post and back to you. You must be in view at beginning & end.
2. - Fpv through a tunnel or drain pipe.
3. - Fpv slalom through 4 telephone/light polls, turn around the 4th pole & fpv back.
4. - Fpv into a building but exit out a different exit, turn around and fpv back to you. ie Shed, barn, workshop,
5. - Fpv down a straight away for 5 seconds near full throttle, then jump a home made jump & then fpv back to yourself.
6. - Bonus Target - Fireworks seen from the car. A single bottle rocket counts! Roman candles, etc... What did you expect, it's July !

Filming any 2 targets is required to gain entry. There will now be more than 5 targets listed. Some geared towards multi rotors and some geared towards fixed wing. To qualify for double entry, you must film any two of the targets PLUS the Bonus target - for a total of 3 targets.

*You are not restricted to using your fpv aircraft/car for any specific target. If you can film an air target from an rc car via fpv or vice versa, go for it!

__________________________________________________ __________________-

Hunt # 3 Qualifying entries:

#1 - badlands
#2 - badlands
#3 - schumixmd
#4 - Yuvski
#5 - Yuvski
#6 - bakchos
#7 - papabatman
#8 - papabatman
#9 - Healthyfatboy
#10 - Healthyfatboy

Hunt #3 Winners:

1st Place -
2nd Place -
3rd Place -

Congratulations to the winners!
You will be contacted via PM & a message will be sent to RCG to activate your RCG + membership.
Please allow about a week to see the change. If you are already a RCG+ member nothing will change.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Spec UAV; Jul 10, 2014 at 10:07 PM.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 01:46 PM
Performance & Quality
Joined Apr 2014
68 Posts
Reserved for misc updates:

6/24/2014 - NEW PRIZES ADDED FOR HUNT #3 - Click here.

7/7/2014
- Important Update -

Subject: BONUS TARGET

Spec UAV realizes that we are asking you to do certain tasks via FPV to gain entry into the Scavenger Hunt & that some of the targets fall outside of what could be considered "normal" fpv flying.

Considering that, and the fact our bonus target for this months hunt is to film fireworks via fpv - we felt it necessary to make the following comment and set a standard. In light of a recently posted video at Youtube, RCG & other social media websites which is garnering lots of attention - Spec UAV wants to make it crystal clear, that that type of fpv flying and filming is NOT want we expect, condone or will accept as an entry.

We do not endorse flying any object directly over and into a public event that is displaying Fireworks...period. This would undoubtedly create and pose undo risk to spectators on the ground. The intent was to be seen from a reasonable distance so that the fireworks could be seen.

If the fireworks display caught on film is clearly of a private nature ( ie Yuvksi's video entered in which he sent up his own fireworks) that would be acceptable. Involving the unknowing & unwilling public is not. In the future if you see a target that we list that could be questionable regarding safety, please bring it to our attention and state your case why there maybe an issue.

Thanks for your time.

Spec UAV.
Site Sponsor
Last edited by Spec UAV; Jul 07, 2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 05:35 AM
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Dec 2011
472 Posts
They sound like some fun targets
Artful Owl is online now Find More Posts by Artful Owl
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 24, 2014, 06:32 PM
One more flight!
United States, UT, American Fork
Joined Dec 2012
128 Posts
FINALLY another scavenger hunt! I love these, and I just got my fpv setup back up and flying (after a devastating crash due to loss of control signal in which it spiraled into the ground :-()
I look forward to it! Thanks for posting.
Yodigity514 is offline Find More Posts by Yodigity514
Old Apr 24, 2014, 07:14 PM
United States, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2012
133 Posts
I'm On it. Expect a video in the next week. I have all on video minus the night flight
wyllsurf is offline Find More Posts by wyllsurf
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Me
Old Apr 24, 2014, 09:35 PM
Performance & Quality
Joined Apr 2014
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodigity514 View Post
FINALLY another scavenger hunt! I love these, and I just got my fpv setup back up and flying (after a devastating crash due to loss of control signal in which it spiraled into the ground :-()
I look forward to it! Thanks for posting.
We look forward to it as well. Thanks for posting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllsurf View Post
I'm On it. Expect a video in the next week. I have all on video minus the night flight
Excellent!! Remember you do not need ALL the targets to qualify for entry. Just any 2 of the 5. If you include the Bonus Target with two others, you'll receive double entry.

For example

Film #1 and #4 = single entry
Film #1 and #5 = single entry (even though #5 is a bonus target, you still need to include two others as well for a total of 3)
Film #1 and #3 and #5 = double entry

Good luck.
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: Spec UAV visits PA
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:03 AM
United States, CA, Eureka
Joined Dec 2012
133 Posts
hmm. What constitutes a night flight. I have a few flights where I went pretty late but none that it was pitch black.
wyllsurf is offline Find More Posts by wyllsurf
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Me
Old Apr 25, 2014, 08:01 AM
FPV-disturbed
Sweden, Skåne County, Malmö
Joined Dec 2013
84 Posts
This is my first time entering a scavenger hunt so excuse me if this is a stupid question.
Is it really ok to just cut together parts of different FPV-flights i've done and if so what is the actual hunt?
I thought you had to film at least two of these in one flight under three minutes.
TheSwedishRatboy is offline Find More Posts by TheSwedishRatboy
Old Apr 25, 2014, 04:15 PM
Performance & Quality
Joined Apr 2014
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyllsurf View Post
hmm. What constitutes a night flight. I have a few flights where I went pretty late but none that it was pitch black.
The intent is for something like this video here. Night fpv can be challenging and that's why it's listed as a Bonus Target. Be safe and good luck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwedishRatboy View Post
This is my first time entering a scavenger hunt so excuse me if this is a stupid question.
Is it really ok to just cut together parts of different FPV-flights i've done and if so what is the actual hunt?
I thought you had to film at least two of these in one flight under three minutes.
Not a stupid question. It is perfectly fine to cut and paste clips from different flights. Scavenger hunts like this are done just that way. We would like the video to be edited down to 3 mins total. Fly as many times as you need. Good luck.
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 26, 2014, 07:26 AM
julius
Grenoble france
Joined Jul 2005
305 Posts
Hello,
Any chance to have this technology with 5.8 ?

Thanks

Julien
sigma_fr is offline Find More Posts by sigma_fr
Old Apr 26, 2014, 09:57 AM
Performance & Quality
Joined Apr 2014
68 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma_fr View Post
Hello,
Any chance to have this technology with 5.8 ?

Thanks

Julien
Julien,

5.8 GHz is currently in development. We will be posting it's progress along with the progress of the other bands as it comes so stay tuned!
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 26, 2014, 11:57 PM
United States, IL, Chicago
Joined Feb 2012
124 Posts
Sounds like fun! Thanks for doing this. Subscribed.
maurof78 is offline Find More Posts by maurof78
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DJI F450 - 1 mile FPV flight
Old Apr 27, 2014, 12:53 AM
Romania, Bucuresti, Bucharest
Joined Oct 2011
134 Posts
I'll jump on board too, since I use a monitor and not glasses, should I take off / land in front of me or is it ok if I do it sideways?
bikerboy_id is offline Find More Posts by bikerboy_id
Old Apr 28, 2014, 01:34 AM
FPV Proximity is FUN!
Australia, WA, York
Joined May 2012
1,067 Posts
Quick question can the night FPV be just before dark? As I don't have any night time FPV cams.

-Ben
fOaMmaSh87 is online now Find More Posts by fOaMmaSh87
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV49 V3 build log ( Kind of)