HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 04, 2011, 01:32 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Nov 2008
195 Posts
Discussion
Any suggestions on motor/esc/prop/battery for indoor models?

hi,

new to indoor, been at rc for some time though, like designing flying models.

any suggestions for indoor power systems?

like the motor/battery/prop and esc? what weight model best for? hobbycity have any good setups?

thanks in advance
mikempp is offline Find More Posts by mikempp
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:08 PM
Flash, AAAAAAAAAAAHhhhhhhhhh
United States, UT, West Jordan
Joined Dec 2008
2,531 Posts
generally you want the guts out of the horizon um planes. (parkzone/eflite/hobbyzone)
pick up a used parkzone um in the classifieds and you will have a good setup for building in indoor model. you have an ar6400 which is the brick. it has 2 servos, an esc, and the rx itself built in. its a brushed esc. you also get 3 servo ports on the brick itself. then you have the motor prop from the plane. itrs a small 1s brushed motor in a gearbox. also you have a lipo. they can range from $2 to $8 and can be bough from hobbycity.
flashkick is offline Find More Posts by flashkick
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:17 PM
United States, FL, The Villages
Joined Nov 2008
195 Posts
thanks

thanks, was hoping to just be able to buy a setup from hobbycity, will be out of the country for some time and don't have time to find anything before i leave.
mikempp is offline Find More Posts by mikempp
Old Sep 04, 2011, 02:17 PM
OY-5542
Denmark, Central Denmark Region, Silkeborg
Joined Nov 2009
722 Posts
Hi!
An easy answer would be any of the power systems of a Ultra Micro model, typpically from Horizon Hobby, but there are plenty of other solutions.
What's I like about using these planes electronics is that you can easily estimate what setup to use, there's plenty of information about both the plane it came from, the setup itself and other people using or experimenting with it.
Chrizz is offline Find More Posts by Chrizz
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Oxy 0.5
Old Sep 04, 2011, 10:22 PM
Ego varius quis.
Wisconsin
Joined Nov 2003
1,923 Posts
I think you can still buy the Champ fuselage for $35, providing you with a 3-channel receiver/ESC/servos brick (essentially a crippled AR6400) and a small brushed motor. Otherwise, wait for a crashed aircraft in the classfieds section.

(Or buy my secondhand UMX Beast innards. They're brushless-a-riffic!)
Cheesehead is offline Find More Posts by Cheesehead
Old Sep 15, 2011, 04:31 PM
United States, PA
Joined Aug 2011
321 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikempp View Post
hi,

new to indoor, been at rc for some time though, like designing flying models.

any suggestions for indoor power systems?

like the motor/battery/prop and esc? what weight model best for? hobbycity have any good setups?

thanks in advance
I would like to suggest you the Tiger Micro power system, this combo consists of a tiny Tiger 1302 brushless motor which produce
around 60 grams of thrust, 3pcs 2g servos, a T3A esc and 1S lipo, designed for most micro indoor models. For more information please CLICK HERE

Willy
www.epphobby.com
epphobby is offline Find More Posts by epphobby
Site Sponsor