HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2014, 01:03 PM
Impatience is a virtue
Denver, Colorado
Joined Nov 2008
686 Posts
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Andrew, that was a bit more than I was looking for .

I'm using the software to transfer all of my scribbles and paper templates of motorcycle brackets, fender eliminators, battery boxes, etc. to technical drawings. SketchUp is OK, but it would be nice to be able to drop a software file directly into a waterjet or mill for fabrication, rather than having to translate a SketchUp file. I think the student edition of SolidWorks may be the answer.
MCH27t is offline Find More Posts by MCH27t
Last edited by MCH27t; Dec 12, 2014 at 10:48 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2014, 01:07 PM
I'll Take The Case!!!
Antarctica
Joined Dec 2012
88 Posts
Pictures From Thanksgiving Weekend

Here are some pictures of the slope activities over Thanksgiving weekend. Saturday was a really nice day and we were flying up on the summit. Afterwards a few beverages were consumed. Sunday however, was cold and cloudy. There was a little wind but not much lift. It was cool to see how the air moved.
Harvey Birdman is offline Find More Posts by Harvey Birdman
Last edited by Harvey Birdman; Dec 11, 2014 at 03:44 PM. Reason: Cranium
Old Dec 15, 2014, 09:00 AM
I survived La Bajada!
United States, CO, Thornton
Joined Nov 2006
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCH27t View Post
Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Andrew, that was a bit more than I was looking for .

I'm using the software to transfer all of my scribbles and paper templates of motorcycle brackets, fender eliminators, battery boxes, etc. to technical drawings. SketchUp is OK, but it would be nice to be able to drop a software file directly into a waterjet or mill for fabrication, rather than having to translate a SketchUp file. I think the student edition of SolidWorks may be the answer.
Blender might be an option as well. It lets you work from scanned reference drawings. There are lots of plugins for specialty use and exports. More advanced than sketchup and it's free.
jasbury1 is offline Find More Posts by jasbury1
Old Dec 15, 2014, 06:54 PM
Surf Sucks, Slope Trips
Joined May 2014
110 Posts
Cruised up to Zion today just to check it out and get a feel for the hill. It's a reallyc ool spot that seems like it would be really fun when it is on. I think i figured out the turn outs that you guys fly from. I also hiked to the top to check out the view. Very pretty.

Mitch
IrieMitch is online now Find More Posts by IrieMitch
Old Dec 15, 2014, 07:02 PM
Where's the wind?
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Jun 2004
5,875 Posts
Off topic but very funny:

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcomm....html?cmp=fbtl

These guys have marketing a product on the internet down to a science.

No I didn't buy any. Yes, I have the game.

Andrew
the_canuck is offline Find More Posts by the_canuck
Last edited by the_canuck; Dec 15, 2014 at 07:09 PM.