HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 07, 2014, 10:04 AM
Fabrication Extraordinaire!
United States, MI, Niles
Joined Mar 2008
1,022 Posts
The easiest way to order those 6" Kavans from sig is over the phone 800-247-5008 by cc. The site seemed to be a bit problematic.

$38.99 a pair +$9.95 s&h with a two week backorder!

Floatflying off snow in the meantime for me
flyinjrc74 is offline Find More Posts by flyinjrc74
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 07, 2014, 10:30 AM
Plastic Buddha
Joined Oct 2005
2,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Bartley View Post
I purchased 6" Kavan's from SIG Mfg, but I paid $35for each wheel!! Plus shipping to Canada, almost $100/pr.
I'd like to know too where you get them for $38.pr!! Doug B
Whoa! Something went wrong there, Doug! I've ordered Kavans from Sig multiple times (i'm just east of TO) and the price is always ''per pair'' once you actually get to the paying part.

Web site is kinda funky, but always fast and accurate service from Sig.

John
aftica is offline Find More Posts by aftica
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snipe
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:51 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyinjrc74 View Post
The easiest way to order those 6" Kavans from sig is over the phone 800-247-5008 by cc. The site seemed to be a bit problematic.

$38.99 a pair +$9.95 s&h with a two week backorder!

Floatflying off snow in the meantime for me
Calling them still takes a day or two sometimes to get a response.
Prof100 is offline Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2014, 02:57 PM
United States, MI, Niles
Joined Mar 2008
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Calling them still takes a day or two sometimes to get a response.
How is that??? They actually answered the phone, Horizon doesnt even answer the phone....
Old Mar 07, 2014, 03:59 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,581 Posts
Quote:
How is that??? They actually answered the phone, Horizon doesnt even answer the phone....
Back at you...I call Horizon and I always get through, no holds or call backs unless after XMAS.

Sig took a day to answer the phone. I think they are on a going out of business plan.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2014, 04:09 PM
United States, MI, Niles
Joined Mar 2008
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
Back at you...I call Horizon and I always get through, no holds or call backs unless after XMAS.

Sig took a day to answer the phone. I think they are on a going out of business plan.
I can assure you that you have never called Horizon and they picked up the phone with a live rep. You have to follow the prompts and listen to their stinking music just like the rest of us! Being a troll dont make you any more special...
Old Mar 07, 2014, 04:38 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,581 Posts
Quote:
I can assure you that you have never called Horizon and they picked up the phone with a live rep. You have to follow the prompts and listen to their stinking music just like the rest of us! Being a troll dont make you any more special...
Lighten up there buddy, no need to get carried away with your own confusion of what I said. I didn't think I would have to parse words with someone about calling Horizon. Of course they have prompts, it is incoming support center they don't have direct lines to each customer support rep. Geeze, lighten up,

Horizon is the easiest support group to call. Sure, you go through prompts, but they pick up a few moments unless you call during post holiday times.

Sig is simply a very difficult company to buy from on their website. I think if I needed anything more from them (doubtful) I would buy via phone provided they answer the phone. It would seem to be the least hassle. In this day in this day an age putting up with low performance website to buy anything is crazy.

Bill
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2014, 07:09 PM
Canada, ON, Owen Sound
Joined Oct 2008
2,816 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aftica View Post
Whoa! Something went wrong there, Doug! I've ordered Kavans from Sig multiple times (i'm just east of TO) and the price is always ''per pair'' once you actually get to the paying part.

Web site is kinda funky, but always fast and accurate service from Sig.

John
It also took approx. 3 weeks for them to send out the shipment, and another 3 wks to get here. I ordered the wheels with 6mm ball bearings, they actually listed cheaper than the bushing type. I believe I've been HAD! Thankyou SIG!! Doug B
Doug Bartley is offline Find More Posts by Doug Bartley
Old Mar 07, 2014, 07:44 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug Bartley View Post
It also took approx. 3 weeks for them to send out the shipment, and another 3 wks to get here. I ordered the wheels with 6mm ball bearings, they actually listed cheaper than the bushing type. I believe I've been HAD! Thankyou SIG!! Doug B
Ball bearing wheels are much more expensive. I bought the bushed ones which were $38.87 for a pair.
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 07, 2014, 08:15 PM
Hey Guys, Watch This.......
USA, TX, El Paso
Joined Dec 2003
6,149 Posts
Quote:
I can assure you I do it on a regular basis with no issues. I always get a live person. I know several; others who have had the same experience as me.

Mike
mike2663 is offline Find More Posts by mike2663
Old Mar 08, 2014, 10:38 AM
United States, MI, Niles
Joined Mar 2008
1,022 Posts
Can anyone post pics of the actual 6" kavan tires?
Old Mar 08, 2014, 08:27 PM
Joined Mar 2013
98 Posts
Quote:
I believe there are many posted in the other carbon z cub thread if you look through the attachments on that thread
manos1984 is offline Find More Posts by manos1984
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 10, 2014, 07:39 PM
Plastic Buddha
Joined Oct 2005
2,603 Posts
Quote:
Sorry a little late and not the greatest pic, but you get the general idea of what they look like:
aftica is offline Find More Posts by aftica
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snipe
Old Mar 16, 2014, 04:00 PM
United States, MI, Farmington Hills
Joined Sep 2012
30 Posts
How are you retaining the large 6S battery in your cub. The tacky loops do not seem to be able to retain the battery. I am considering adding velcro in the compartment and to the batteries.
Porsche Driver is offline Find More Posts by Porsche Driver
Old Mar 16, 2014, 05:12 PM
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
16,581 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche Driver View Post
How are you retaining the large 6S battery in your cub. The tacky loops do not seem to be able to retain the battery. I am considering adding velcro in the compartment and to the batteries.
Morgan Mill makes the Carbon Z Cub Battery Cartridge System which make installing and removing flight batteries a breeze. Comes pre cut (laser) and you glue together. It mounts in the same place the stock plastic tray. Buy extra battery cartridges if you don't want to have to share one cartridge with multple packs. Price is about $20. Nick name is the "large wooden contraption (LWC)". Gary, who owns Morganmill, does this for the hobby which he enjoys as well. His primary business income doesn't come from making RC parts. Having Gary make these is a real blessing.

Also, when you go the Morganmill site there is also a YOUTUBE video link that explains how to assemble the Battery Cartridge System.

LINK: http://www.morganmill.com/RC/Carbon_Z_Cub_Parts.html

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Prof100; Mar 17, 2014 at 01:08 PM. Reason: edit to add URL to morganmill