HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 24, 2012, 02:28 AM
New Zealand
Joined Feb 2012
28 Posts
Build Log
ETNZ thunder tiger Rebuild

I've seen a lot of threads on ETNZ rebuilds. I have spent many months doing a total rebuild and am now very pleased with the performance I am getting from the rebuild. I thought I would upload a few photo's + a youtube video url. Regards.
1m America's Cup rc Yacht (5 min 6 sec)
SILVERFERN is offline Find More Posts by SILVERFERN
Last edited by SILVERFERN; Feb 24, 2012 at 03:38 AM. Reason: Added youtube url
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 24, 2012, 03:41 AM
Germany
Joined Mar 2009
513 Posts
Silverfern, nice job looks like sails on her LWL very nicely, well done !

I wrote one of those earlier threads on TT ETNZ rebuild nightmare that got me headed off in the direction of building AC 120’s which I’ve scratch build 3 so far and have another 3 on the bench http://www.rcsailing.net/forum1/foru...ca-s-Cup-Boats

In my travels I’ve since found out that TT ETNZ actually produced two versions of this boat with “different keel position” not doubt to counter lot of bad press going about at the time regarding extreme weather helm.

Recommended alterations to centres needed to get the best out of the boat …IMO your best off building from scratch.

Cheers Alan
KoneWone is offline Find More Posts by KoneWone
Old Feb 24, 2012, 06:50 PM
ralph
Antelope, CA 95843
Joined May 2004
132 Posts
Alan (KoneWone ): I like your drawing & measurement for your ENTZ “Recommended boat centers”. Could I apply your recommended keel position alterations to centers (CV), to the TT China Team also?
Thanks Ralph
ralphhager is offline Find More Posts by ralphhager
Old Feb 25, 2012, 01:15 AM
Germany
Joined Mar 2009
513 Posts
Gidday Ralph, I understand (not 100% certain) that Team China hull from TT is same hull as ETNZ, they may even come from the same mould.

Cheers Alan
KoneWone is offline Find More Posts by KoneWone
Old Feb 25, 2012, 12:43 PM
Joined Feb 2008
229 Posts
Etnz

hi folks built one 2 years ago don't know where the keel is but it seemed to sail alright did replace the recommended drum winch with a sail arm winch Casey
casy is offline Find More Posts by casy
Old Mar 01, 2012, 11:26 AM
Joined Feb 2011
7 Posts
I have a 2010 Voyager II and the keel design is very different from your diagram - far more swept back and the nose of the bulb is roughly directly below the forward point where the keel meets the hull. And most of the bulb is behind the keel. Roughly same effect as moving the keel aft.
bartz_schneider is offline Find More Posts by bartz_schneider