HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:43 PM
Safety : practice & promote!
Joined Dec 2011
4,836 Posts
Thanks a lot for the paddled flybar advice, guys. I really was confused about the purpose of the screw and in the MSR paddles and how it would hold onto the bar. However, after looking at it again, I think I see that the paddle screw is supposed to pinch down on the flybar.

I also see that my paddles are not shoved on as far as yours, MOK. I see also why you sanded down the end of the flybar to make it fit properly all the way in now. Well, when I get some more flybars, I'll try that out with them. I'd very much like to get a "standard" flybar that I can put on both my V911s so that they fly more or less the same.

Going to bed now while the CA cures. Will test fly tomorrow evening.
RoboHeli is offline Find More Posts by RoboHeli
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:58 PM
United States, FL, Melbourne
Joined Feb 2011
5,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT21 View Post
I
I thought you was. But didn't think you could screw paddles on the stock. didnt work for me. It chewed the flybar end so bad, I could adjust it anymore for further testing. I had different paddles, but still. Wonder what I am doing wrong? Do you get less FB flex with paddles as compared to the stock with weights?
Since the paddles are just slightly more inboard, I don't get any flybar strikes. Keep in mind I have the securing screw mounted at the tip. I haven't used anything other than the Xtreme paddles for the MSR flybar though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Thanks a lot for the paddled flybar advice, guys. I really was confused about the purpose of the screw and in the MSR paddles and how it would hold onto the bar. However, after looking at it again, I think I see that the paddle screw is supposed to pinch down on the flybar.

I also see that my paddles are not shoved on as far as yours, MOK. I see also why you sanded down the end of the flybar to make it fit properly all the way in now. Well, when I get some more flybars, I'll try that out with them. I'd very much like to get a "standard" flybar that I can put on both my V911s so that they fly more or less the same.

Going to bed now while the CA cures. Will test fly tomorrow evening.
Try getting a Helios spare flybar and see if it will. I just made an order from Aaron and should have added one............shoot I think I'll do that now as part of my order was OOS and will arrive later.

ORDERED: Got the Helios swashplate as well.
MassiveOverkill is offline Find More Posts by MassiveOverkill
Site Sponsor
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:18 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Jun 2012
1,309 Posts
One of my v911 have developed a problem when flying, every few seconds it seems like motor shudders and causes a quick shake.I can only get a few minutes of run time now before it will no longer gain altitude.I just got some new batteries today,and it ran the same with those.
Jasen40 is offline Find More Posts by Jasen40
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:57 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,499 Posts
Have you tried lubing the motor yet? The bushing at the bottom may need a tiny drop of oil. Just drip a little bit where the shaft enter and rotate and move the shaft up and down to ensure the oil gets to the bushing. Best to do it while the motor is upside down. I personally think it's a necessary step for all new motors.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:57 PM
Don't Drink & Fly
United States, OH
Joined Jun 2012
346 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveOverkill View Post
Since the paddles are just slightly more inboard, I don't get any flybar strikes. Keep in mind I have the securing screw mounted at the tip. I haven't used anything other than the Xtreme paddles for the MSR flybar though.

Try getting a Helios spare flybar and see if it will. I just made an order from Aaron and should have added one............shoot I think I'll do that now as part of my order was OOS and will arrive later.

ORDERED: Got the Helios swashplate as well.
Ordered from who? where is "Aaron" at?
TapouT21 is offline Find More Posts by TapouT21
Old Aug 27, 2012, 10:59 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,499 Posts
Banggood got the paddle flybar. It was $1.20/piece and then price went up to $2.20 the day it was actually in stock.

Simply search for Helios.

The only question is, what modification is necessary to use the Helios flybar. It's been reported that it's not a "drop in" fit on the v911 head.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:16 PM
USA, NC, Winston-Salem
Joined Nov 2009
153 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoboHeli View Post
Just remember to start off easy with small stick motions until you get used to the way it flies. It'll be a little different. You flying with stock TX or T9x?
9X. I couldnt get anywhere with stock transmitter.
MWShelton is offline Find More Posts by MWShelton
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:20 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TapouT21 View Post
You can screw the paddles on the CF FB without damage, right?
Yes, because the screw is not on the cf rod. It's right next to it, so tightening it squeezes the paddle around the rod.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:22 PM
Bvc
United States, TX, Houston
Joined May 2012
330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
Banggood got the paddle flybar. It was $1.20/piece and then price went up to $2.20 the day it was actually in stock.

Simply search for Helios.

The only question is, what modification is necessary to use the Helios flybar. It's been reported that it's not a "drop in" fit on the v911 head.
Apparently it's like the xtreme cf sp fb in that it needs to be sanded down so it can move freely. Don't hold me to it though.
Bvc is offline Find More Posts by Bvc
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:07 AM
My Corter Is Borken
United States, OH, Newark
Joined Jun 2012
333 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MWShelton View Post
I did a while back, no problems with the stock TX. I really bought the 9X because of my 9958's. They're a little beast that has to be tamed next to the V911.
But you fly your V911 with the TH9x? Just wondering what settings you followed?
MC808 is offline Find More Posts by MC808
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:16 AM
Crash and learn
United States, PA
Joined Dec 2011
1,605 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasen40 View Post
One of my v911 have developed a problem when flying, every few seconds it seems like motor shudders and causes a quick shake.I can only get a few minutes of run time now before it will no longer gain altitude.I just got some new batteries today,and it ran the same with those.
Does your other V911 fly OK.
Check your transmitter batteries.
Use a digital voltmeter to check your helicopter batteries. Full charge = 4.20 volts. Charger or USB source could be bad.
Replace the main motor.
Ribble is offline Find More Posts by Ribble
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:17 AM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leonggyooi View Post
hey just a quick question here...why do u guys like to mod here and there on the V911 and also its Tx? LOL.. i also not sure how can u guys got a flybar strike..so far i havent got any strikes...
Which color is yours?
The yellow canopy has a more downturned shape and it's hard to get canopy strikes.

Push full forward on the right stick. Let it pick up some speed.
Just before it hits the wall, pull full back.
If you miss the wall, but still hear a "whack" - that's was a flybar/canopy strike.
RicksterRC is offline Find More Posts by RicksterRC
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:23 AM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zippiz View Post
Now to the second one, as soon as it binds the left servo (aileron?) just go to the lowest end position and wont move at all. The right one, and the throttle seems to work fine.
1. A few have said that too tight a servo arm screw can mess things up. Try backing the screw in the white servo arm out a 1/4 turn.

2. Might be as simple as the servo arm is on wrong.
Try removing the white servo arm.
Power up.
Does the servo "settle" (stop whining).
If so, and you call that centered, can you move it up down from there?
If it seems like it, pop the white arm back on and see if it's going up/down.
If so, screw it back on.

3. I had one with poor soldering on the servo contacts.
There are three pins at the top of the servo that go through the board.
If you know how to solder, try retouching those.
Don't overheat as there are plastic parts inside.

You can replace the servo.... been there, done that, ain't gonna do it again.
BNF...
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:37 AM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribble View Post
Yellow V911 - Lost Wire Coil
---
Whoops again
Yes, it flew fine the first time. Now new battery and back to red LED blinking about ten times and red LED goes out. Transistor next to missing coil gets kindof hot. So maybe it is a DC-DC convertor. The transistor shorts the coil to ground, causing current flow through the coil, then turns off making the coil generate a higher voltage, captured by a diode and capacitor.
Yes. Sounds like a boost converter.
It'd be interesting to measure the voltage on a working copter. Then maybe we could guess what it's used for.

Off hand, I can't think of anything, but then I'm used to the "originals" that, as far as I know use straight 3.7V

Maybe the gyro, micro or radio they use was designed for a higher voltage.

My guess would be the gyro supply. It's possible that a gyro designed for phone handset use might not perform well when subjected to the deep drawdown of the battery when accelerating the motor when the battery is low. By boosting it, then regulating it to 3.6V (or whatever), it'll have a much more stable voltage and perhaps give a more uniform gyro response throughout the battery.

Anyone notice the yellow doing that better?
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:43 AM
Joined Sep 2007
479 Posts
[QUOTE=zippiz;22565590]Regarding the battery it feels like i will wreck the helicopter everytime I insert an remove a bettery, I was sure there was something wrong with the lipos Im usgin. (TC551140 150ma).
Anyhow, I hope the fix, and the battery feels better soon and that I do not breake my heli when trying to insert the battery
Thanks for the input, I will report back here
/QUOTE]

There is a wing on each side of the battery that goes into a slot in the battery holder.
On my betteries, I very carefully filed a "slant" on the bottom side of the wing. This allows the battery wing to get started into the slot, then the ramp forces it up to where it contacts the battery.

I filed a little shallower than 45 degrees and maybe 2mm.