Hootch is offline Find More Posts by Hootch
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:49 PM
Newbury, VT
Joined Aug 2010
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ty_horn View Post
yeah nuthin but a bunch of turds on a lot of forums :-) They actually weren't commenting to me but a new member to rcgroups asked an honest question and several guys jumped on him and pretty much told him that he was a lazy POS. Huffy did a great job of saying how stupid that was and how great forums like the SC is and that reminded me of how welcoming and comforting this forum is compared to ANY other forum I have ever been on!
When I'm bored and in need of a little entertainment, I click on over to the Vendor Talk forum and lurk around for a while. Pick a thread, any thread, and within a half dozen posts, they’ll be lobbing the napalm and stun grenades all over the place. Shortly, someone like NFZ Chuck will show up and start jerking the chain of the head nincompoop just to keep the pot heated to a rolling boil. It’s freaking hilarious except that afterwards I usually feel a little smarmy for having gone there and have a strong urge to shower.

LaneVT
LaneVT is offline Find More Posts by LaneVT
Old Jan 12, 2011, 08:57 PM
Pushin' the Limits
Bellingham,WA.
Joined Jan 2008
2,849 Posts
Quote:
yeah nuthin but a bunch of turds on a lot of forums :-) They actually weren't commenting to me but a new member to rcgroups asked an honest question and several guys jumped on him and pretty much told him that he was a lazy POS. Huffy did a great job of saying how stupid that was and how great forums like the SC is and that reminded me of how welcoming and comforting this forum is compared to ANY other forum I have ever been on!
I agree totally Ty and very nice of you to say what you did about "Huff". He (HuffDaddy) of course is my brother if you didn't know (literal brother) and he took a big chance of getting flamed just by saying what he said, so it's nice to see that there are still a few of us out there that feel the same about that sort of thing and just how great the SC thread is above and beyond any other thread here on RC Groups. Hands down. But I've also known that you were a great guy from way back when Ty. Here's to ya ma SC brutha!
Olias is offline Find More Posts by Olias
Last edited by Olias; Jan 12, 2011 at 09:08 PM.
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:36 PM
Enough Power? -NEVER ENOUGH!
North-Eastern Saskatchewan, Canada -Eh?!
Joined Apr 2008
1,386 Posts
the SC thread is funny and can answer amost ALL of you questions
monboy10 is offline Find More Posts by monboy10
Old Jan 12, 2011, 09:56 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,218 Posts
Well, daaaang-nabit, it be true dat!!

So I’ll try not to bore ya to tears with this but since it was mentioned...

Now, of course I haven’t been an active poster here in the ol SC thread this last year but I mean this wholeheartedly…….I’ve had one eye on ya the entire time, yaaah, that’s right, I have been stalkin you all every single night!! Lurkin out here just watchin’ every move … ok, maybe it was for the entertainment value

OK, seriously, the truth is I wouldn’t be where I am in this flying hobby without this SC thread, not the thread itself, a thread is a thread, but it’s the guys in the thread that make the difference, the guys that have been soooo supportive of not only me but hundreds of budding SC pilots and pilots of many different planes, backgrounds, skillsets or what have you.

I probably shouldn’t mention names because I will inevitably forget some here but it’s people like you Ty, that inspired me to try out a brushless motor and I used your design to successfully mount my first brushless motor, and Naval Warfare, you inspired me to make my SC do things it wasn’t designed to do, and RTR, you inspired me to try out aerial photography/video, RAZ, NoFlyZone, CrashnBurn, 2500GENE, cvoyles, FIXXIN2FLY, Ickarusmelt, Oblivion, anti-gravity, geeeez, aaaall you guys were so helpful to me in learning to fly and maximize my flights and just to get more enjoyment out of the hobby… and shecky darn, I wouldn’t even have ever bought a SC if it weren’t for my brother (from the same mother) Bryan (Olias)

So its’ true, this thread is full of warm hearted, free spirited, genuine people that I have had the pleasure to get to know over these last few years and have taught me a lot… mostly, through all your patience and faithfulness to supporting this thread. Thank you guys!!

But... I will be very sad when you all finally ‘get a life’ and stop supporting this wacky thread though (hee hee)

-Mark
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:01 PM
In the 20' glider range
Boise, Idaho
Joined Jul 2009
4,503 Posts
Nav sent me my first pm on rcg lol
anti-gravity is offline Find More Posts by anti-gravity
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:11 PM
No Guts, No Glory!
USA, WA, South Hill
Joined Sep 2008
3,218 Posts
and this is still my favorite picture of him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by anti-gravity View Post
Nav sent me my first pm on rcg lol
HuffDaddy is offline Find More Posts by HuffDaddy
Old Jan 12, 2011, 10:41 PM
Canada, AB, Coronation
Joined Jun 2010
464 Posts
Quote:
a new member to rcgroups asked an honest question and several guys jumped on him and pretty much told him that he was a lazy POS.
There's 2 other threads on this already didn't you do a search? j/k
russ_hillis is offline Find More Posts by russ_hillis
Old Jan 13, 2011, 03:40 AM
Screw the wind, let's fly!
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
I love that shot. Gene-O had it made for me special
If ya watch the papers,you can sometimes find 10% off "Glamour shots" coupons. I highly recommend them. After all, look how good they made me look. Not that it was all that hard, but they took "perfect" to a new level.

Huffy, luv the new avatar.Last time I saw you, you had a diff one.Good to see you and B havent killed one another yet

AG, stop mentioning the PM, I didnt know you were 13 when I sent that.
I aint gonna be seen on good morning america as a cyber stalker.
Thats Gene-O's realm.

Indeed, this thread is good cuza of the people aboard, plank owners and transients alike,. and for no other reason than that.
Who else has 4 threads, and still goes on day after day, even tho the product has been hashed over a gazillion times.
Naval Warfare is offline Find More Posts by Naval Warfare
Last edited by Naval Warfare; Jan 13, 2011 at 03:52 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 03:45 AM
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hootch View Post
Try this.

we're waitin & lookin for top notch CF tips and tricks from you and all we get is a cutesy (read gag) Otter pic???
Old Jan 13, 2011, 05:46 AM
Real Time Recon
smith mt. lake VA.
Joined Jan 2007
8,267 Posts
Quote:
Hey guys! PIcture this... I just came running home crying because all the people who I thought were friends were being mean to each other and it made me sad :-(
Yeah, well home is the Super Cub thread and all those friends are people on other forums who are so rude on the other forums. Seriously, this forum is the only one that I have ever been a part of that people don't get jumped on because they ask a simple question. Huff, if you are reading this, I was thinking the same thing. When I started on rcgroups several years ago, I am so glad that the SC forum was here for me to ask all of my "dumb" questions because if I would have asked them in another thread, I would have most likely been turned off to RC planes! What a great thread this is!!!
There's no "dumb" questions.
Only, dumb answers
realtimerecon is offline Find More Posts by realtimerecon
Old Jan 13, 2011, 06:26 AM
Why so serious?
United States, FL, Cape Coral
Joined Dec 2007
5,972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuffDaddy View Post
That's from his famous magazine shoot last year.
2500GENE is offline Find More Posts by 2500GENE
Old Jan 13, 2011, 07:27 AM
Lawrenceville, Ga
Joined Feb 2008
2,722 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by realtimerecon View Post
There's no "dumb" questions.
Only, dumb answers
Like the one Gene gave me on how to remove GG??

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500GENE View Post
That's from his famous magazine shoot last year.
That was actually funny. So fess up, who did it for ya? Olias?
JK, I'm flattered ya took the time to do that.
Last edited by Naval Warfare; Jan 13, 2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old Jan 13, 2011, 08:24 AM
Canada, AB, Coronation
Joined Jun 2010
464 Posts
I ain't gonna ask how to trash a 777, but I'm sure I've got more than 7 ways to crash a super cub, let's see here...

1. Day one, June 21, 2010 - take plane out of town. Apply full throttle launch - pull back LOOOOP into slough (aka pond) run out and retrieve. NB. That would the SC 1st successful water landing. Not successful you say? Read #2 and remember any landing you can walk away from is successful!
2. Day one, apply full throttle, launch make circle DIVE into ground watch explosion of plastic cowl pieces.
3. Repeat steps 1 & 2 as necessary until I realize that I really need to get a sim, SOON!
4. Master sim, get permission to mow grass @ RC airfield and fly plane @ newly re-opened club field. North side of runway bordered by bovine protection device. Fly into bovine protection device, not once but 2x in one day. Realize that eyes ain't nearly as good as I think they are! Plane still flies, fuselage only bent "a little".
5. Thinking I've mastered the monster, famed local RC guy happens to "catch me" at reopened airfield. In my nervousness I completely forget what I've learned. Super Cub kamikaze's power pole on other side of water reservoir. 1st words out locally famous RC guy... looks like we have to go get your plane. Planes only 300 yds away but it's a 1 mile drive to get it back. He's jovial 'cause he's found a new flying buddy! Me, not so much. Miraculously, power pole landing is "successful" and we make one more flight that evening!
6. Getting practiced up on touch & goes, take plane to friends acreage to show off. Decide to practice touch & goes on awesome super long & straight runway in front of house. Make approach, miss runway, hit throttle to abort and the SC has "so much power" it turns right and flies in bush beside house. 1st successful tree landing.
7. Buy floats, replace receiver after the smoke mysteriously escapes while super cub doing the back stroke.

Well okay, 7 it is...
russ_hillis is offline Find More Posts by russ_hillis
Last edited by russ_hillis; Jan 13, 2011 at 08:29 AM. Reason: grammar
Old Jan 13, 2011, 09:37 AM
United States, IL, Essex
Joined Feb 2010
1,548 Posts
Russ, Those are some very colorful ways to crash a supercub. Each one is very affective. But like you said, Any landing you can walk away from is a good one!

I finally got a chance to try out snow ski's for the first time today. The snow was really light and powdery. I had to be easly on the throttle while taxiing or it would lift the tail too fast and a ski would dig into the snow resulting in one of the softest nose-overs I have ever had the pleasure of performing!

Anyway, the skis are from Dubro and have a spring that will put them at about a 15degree upfacing angle when in flight.
It was fun to land into the win, maybe 8MPH. It came in at basically a walking pace and touched down like a feather in the snow.
It was lots of fun but I only made it through one battery pack because my hand were just too dang cold! Better gloves are a must!
jwp2 is offline Find More Posts by jwp2