SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 27, 2015, 09:16 PM
United States, NC, Mooresville
Joined Feb 2006
315 Posts
Help!
Drifting problem with CC3D openpilot Please help!

HI

I'm having a problem with a 250 quad racer drifting and fighting me in flight. It normally wants to run forward and left and will do so very fast if you let off the sticks. The problem is worse in Attitude mode. It will fight and fight progressively worse to the point where you feel like you are running out of stick. rate mode will fight but doesn't seem to get worse and worse like attitude. In fact holding one stick position seems good to hold a hover but go back to attitude and it dives forward and right even harder.

I've balanced all my props. The quad sounds good and I surrounded the FC with moongel which is a super soft silicone type of product. I haven't focused to hard on quad CG but I assume it to be pretty close anyway. Even if it was CG I can't see how it just gets worse and worse over a 20-30 second period.

BTW. It seems to reset if you land and take off again.

Should I dump this thing and use a NAZE 32? I'm tired of fighting this.
Rooster433 is offline Find More Posts by Rooster433
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2015, 09:54 PM
Ireland, Dublin, Dublin City
Joined Feb 2014
119 Posts
hi there
i had some similar problems as well
check out this link
it sorted me out

https://forums.openpilot.org/topic/5...l-to-the-left/

jon
ferdy55 is offline Find More Posts by ferdy55
Old Mar 27, 2015, 10:02 PM
Joined Feb 2006
315 Posts
Hi John, what actaully was your fix? I see several in that thread
Old Yesterday, 07:55 PM
Joined Feb 2006
315 Posts
Bump? Any other advice?
Old Today, 11:15 AM
Joined Dec 2013
586 Posts
Have you tried resetting board level? You can quickly tell if that might be the issue by looking at the flight display in GCS with the craft sitting level..does the flight display show it as being level? Also make sure to enable zero gyros when armed, then when you arm let it sit 10-15 seconds before taking off.
HIGHOCTANE32 is online now Find More Posts by HIGHOCTANE32