HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2014, 08:37 PM
United States, CT, New Haven
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
Help!
UMX Radian

Hey guys, long time lurker here and finally got around to getting a user name

So I picked up this neat little plane and flew it for the first time yesterday without any problems.

Today I got the battery charged up and was ready to go hit the beach where theres some wind so I can hang in the sky for a while....

Tried to bind to my radio, wouldnt bind. Figured out that the rapid led blink was due to the battery not being fully charged.... I found out the little plug on the battery was broken, so I quick repaired it. Got the battery charged and was able to bind to my radio...

I test the controls, no throttle

I test the elevator and rudder and they are in and out of service, I will call it stuttering.....

The Gyro was active. Whenever I would move the rudder/elevator, it would jitter and move to where I controlled it and then it would quickly go to neutral and then back again..

I already have 2 batteries on order so I can have more flight time, so if its the battery Im not to mad about it.

Could I have a faulty plane? Is it just a bad connection at the battery and its no good?

Im newly back into RC flight and all this new technology is crazy/amazing
I feel like my old nitro plane is a dinosaur with its AM Futaba system.. But hey, it still does the job!

Any help would be appreciated
Nitrosmith is offline Find More Posts by Nitrosmith
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 13, 2014, 03:26 AM
Elmhurst, NY (Queens in NYC)
Joined Apr 2004
7,022 Posts
Try posting in the radian thread that's been active since the radian was announced.

Pete
PeteSchug is offline Find More Posts by PeteSchug
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Some Books About Flying
Old Jul 13, 2014, 06:53 AM
United States, CT, New Haven
Joined Jul 2014
2 Posts
OK thanks

Im going to take a better look at it and get a full diagnosis before posting again.

I was just last night because I spent a lot of money on this thing and I expect it to be reliable.

The troubleshooting guide in the manual is very helpful too so Im running through that again.
Nitrosmith is offline Find More Posts by Nitrosmith