Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 30, 2012, 04:12 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Discussion
Gyro question

I am buying this plane- http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...00mm_PNF_.html I was wondering if a Gyro would help with stability on this model for a newby like myself? If so what model Gyro should I get?
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 30, 2012, 05:42 AM
Australia, ACT, Kambah
Joined Feb 2001
2,976 Posts
How Newby? A gyro won't help you keep up with it or maintain orientation, or not a replacement for basic skills.
scirocco is offline Find More Posts by scirocco
Old Nov 30, 2012, 09:36 AM
Model Designer - AMA 667982
Tucson, AZ, USA
Joined Sep 2000
1,927 Posts
The Gyro is not an AutoPilot. It will only stabilize the model like if you point it straight down it will go straight down. So, with that said you have a different choice. There are several Auto Pilot systems on the market. The simplest being the FMA Co-Pilot. It'll stabilize your model in all three axis pitch, roll, and yaw. However, your model should be trimmed first by someone experienced at flying and trimming model airplanes. Also note that it is not a replacement for an instructor with a buddy cord attached as people with little experience flying Radio Control models find. The Co-Pilot will simple act as a backup allowing building confidence in the student pilot.

I see your in Ora Valley. How about joining us up at Sonoran Desert Fliers at Naranja Park. There is usually someone there every day of the week and more that happy to help anyone interested in flying models.

I'll be there in about an hour gotta stop by Micky D's first and pickup breakfast.
starcad is online now Find More Posts by starcad