Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 28, 2012, 05:00 AM
Austria
Joined Sep 2008
217 Posts
macem I would confirm it if my main motor didn't die.
helicopter_new is offline Find More Posts by helicopter_new
Last edited by helicopter_new; Dec 28, 2012 at 05:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 05:54 AM
United States, CA, Mountain View
Joined Dec 2012
158 Posts
I'm relatively new to RC flying - I started on a few (toy) coaxials, and started using a DX6i on a simulator a few months ago, and was thinking of going for the mCP X v2 as the next step, but now have two FBL 100s which I've gotten acquainted with over the holidays. My skill level hasn't allowed me to do much more than hover, spot-land, walk the dog, etc. but I think these helis are awesome! They're certainly easy to learn on and are very crash-resistant... I've crashed maybe 20 times already and it's still ready to go, until today...

What is the best way to repair the battery connector? After a particularly hard landing on soft ground, the battery got knocked out of the holder and I think this plus the repeated connect/disconnect of batteries put stress on the wire - so much so that the heli now loses power intermittently when the wire is twisted to some position. I suppose I need a new 10mm battery connector wire with the right male mini JST plug and will need some soldering skills? Is there an easier way to fix...

Maybe a future version will have these on easy to replace plug type too? I am assuming it already uses multi-strand vs. solid wire... if not would be a worthy simple upgrade.

Also for some reason the throttle cut-off doesn't work all the time... I've had a few crashes where even after I've dropped the throttle to zero AND/OR hit the throttle hold switch, the motors still kept spinning. Would love any tips!
sparkyjohn is offline Find More Posts by sparkyjohn
Old Dec 31, 2012, 07:01 AM
Joined Sep 2012
105 Posts
... i think there is no easy way to fix your problem, it needs some soldering... to enforce the connection i put a second heat-shrink over plug and wires , leaving one,two millimeters free at the front of the plug to let visible the slot for the lipo-connector...

but the good news - wltoys brought the v922 to the market some weeks ago. its a copy of the hisky fbl100 (and turnigy fbl100) and wltoys listet a battery-connector in its sparelist...
http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-Wl...1-p-60166.html

macem

ps: i also had the misfunction of throttel-hold and got no solution of that issue, i gues, this were software-problems...
macem is offline Find More Posts by macem
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:26 PM
Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
need a little help here - just got this little heli with the programmable Tx (I haven't changed any settings etc on the Tx)

thing is, it just won't fly at all. when you spool up (idle up in the neutral - backwards position) it just goes to tip over as though the gyro were fighting some force.

The gyro sensitivity in the Tx is set to "100" and "-100" on the two position switch

Any ideas ?
big bird is offline Find More Posts by big bird
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:45 AM
Joined Dec 2012
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bird View Post
need a little help here - just got this little heli with the programmable Tx (I haven't changed any settings etc on the Tx)

thing is, it just won't fly at all. when you spool up (idle up in the neutral - backwards position) it just goes to tip over as though the gyro were fighting some force.

The gyro sensitivity in the Tx is set to "100" and "-100" on the two position switch

Any ideas ?
when does it tip over, at 10%, 20%, 30% throttle? on first startup it needs a little help orienteering so some input (few bumps) on the sticks is necessary, but once that's done it's very stable. i also get that behavior when i didn't properly put the heli on level ground during the binding/servo startup process.
Last edited by sparkyjohn; Jan 22, 2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:36 PM
Norway
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by big bird View Post

Any ideas ?
Simple procedure.

The heli has to rest on a 100 % horizontal flat surface when binding up to the TX.

If not, the gyro does not understand what is correct horizontal level.

The user manual pinpoint this important procedure.

HobbyEUSZ
www.hobbyeurope.com
HobbyEurope is offline Find More Posts by HobbyEurope
Old Jan 20, 2013, 02:50 PM
Norway
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyjohn View Post
I'm relatively new to RC flying - I started on a few (toy) coaxials, and started using a DX6i on a simulator a few months ago, and was thinking of going for the mCP X v2 as the next step, but now have two FBL 100s which I've gotten acquainted with over the holidays. My skill level hasn't allowed me to do much more than hover, spot-land, walk the dog, etc. but I think these helis are awesome! They're certainly easy to learn on and are very crash-resistant... I've crashed maybe 20 times already and it's still ready to go, until today...

What is the best way to repair the battery connector? After a particularly hard landing on soft ground, the battery got knocked out of the holder and I think this plus the repeated connect/disconnect of batteries put stress on the wire - so much so that the heli now loses power intermittently when the wire is twisted to some position. I suppose I need a new 10mm battery connector wire with the right male mini JST plug and will need some soldering skills? Is there an easier way to fix...

Maybe a future version will have these on easy to replace plug type too? I am assuming it already uses multi-strand vs. solid wire... if not would be a worthy simple upgrade.

Also for some reason the throttle cut-off doesn't work all the time... I've had a few crashes where even after I've dropped the throttle to zero AND/OR hit the throttle hold switch, the motors still kept spinning. Would love any tips!
Soldering. That is the key issue. To deal with this issue you have to get yourself some good and tiny soldering equipment.

If not, you can take it to an electronic work/repair shop (any) and they will solve this matter easily.

Broken battery connection wire is not usually a big problem for the users, because it needs only poor or average soldering skills to repair.

Anyway; this wire with connectores will be available as a spare part next month. After the Chinese Spring Festival is over.

HobbyEUSZ
www.hobbyeurope.com
Old Jan 22, 2013, 01:37 PM
Joined Dec 2012
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbyEurope View Post
Soldering. That is the key issue. To deal with this issue you have to get yourself some good and tiny soldering equipment.

If not, you can take it to an electronic work/repair shop (any) and they will solve this matter easily.

Broken battery connection wire is not usually a big problem for the users, because it needs only poor or average soldering skills to repair.

Anyway; this wire with connectores will be available as a spare part next month. After the Chinese Spring Festival is over.

HobbyEUSZ
www.hobbyeurope.com
Yes it was definitely the soldering point at the battery connector end that "worked loose". Macem made a great suggestion to apply some shrink wrap a little bit over the plug which may help future product releases... if not the heli kits then at least the spare parts.

Speaking of spare parts... are there any plans to sell a tail assembly (has a fully assembled tail motor, tail rotor, motor holder, boom, wire, female JST SH plug - similar to the one available for the MCP X)? I would definitely buy a few! For the casual hobbyist a plug and play solution is much preferred.
Old Jan 26, 2013, 08:31 AM
Norway
Joined Feb 2011
66 Posts
Quote:
Yes it was definitely the soldering point at the battery connector end that "worked loose". Macem made a great suggestion to apply some shrink wrap a little bit over the plug which may help future product releases... if not the heli kits then at least the spare parts.

Speaking of spare parts... are there any plans to sell a tail assembly (has a fully assembled tail motor, tail rotor, motor holder, boom, wire, female JST SH plug - similar to the one available for the MCP X)? I would definitely buy a few! For the casual hobbyist a plug and play solution is much preferred.
We will have a meeting with HiSKY next week.
After that we can update you about what will be available and how soon.

HobbyEUSZ
www.hobbyeurope.com
Old Jan 26, 2013, 05:04 PM
Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
thanks for all the help guys - I've been happily flying this amazing heli for the last few days and can heartily recommend it to anyone with an interest in micro helis

It's a really clever design - very well engineered and flies incredibly well - you do need to concentrate very carefully but you can fly (hover) it after some practice in fairly confined spaces

I have no doubt that this is a very aerobatic bird as its very responsive and precise - and I'm still flying with low rates and gyro at maximum stability and idle-up in neutral position

bb
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:55 PM
Joined Sep 2012
105 Posts
... anybody who flies with the programmable tx and can share the settings?

i use the turnigy 6xs (for my turnigy fbl100) and do not come clear with the correlation of idle-positions and throttle hold - sometimes throttle hold works, sometimes not at all... for the helis (hisky/turnigy) are identical - perhaps the tx are also...

macem
Old Jan 30, 2013, 06:33 PM
Joined Dec 2012
158 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macem View Post
could anybody try to confirm the effect of boosting the power of the hisky fbl100 (turnigy fbl100) i noticed by simply

raising the throttle trim of the non-programmable tx to max?

usually throttle trim stands still on minimum. but i remembered my old esky honey bee kings non-programmable tx which shows the same effect - one could boost the power by raising the throttle trim after spooling up the heli in normal mode. of course you have to lower the throttle trim to minimum after landing the heli to stop the rotor spinning and prevent dangerous situations at the next start...!!
macem

ps: could be throttle is limited in general at the upper end regardless of the position of throttle trim. i cant say that anymore because of my weak lipos and motor ...
tried it. didn't notice any difference. what do you do with the extra power?
Old Jan 31, 2013, 06:45 AM
Joined Sep 2012
105 Posts
Quote:
tried it. didn't notice any difference. what do you do with the extra power?
... flying the little bird like its bigger 450-brother i have ...

i effect: i do realize a difference in headspead with weak lipos, with new ones there is no effect of raising the throttle-trim...

but i stopped doing experiments on that issue cause i finally bought the turnigy 6xs (programmable). now i have got my hands full to bring them together, the fbl100 und the 6xs, both "turnigy" ... and it does work, step by step...

thanks for sharing your experiences...

macem
Old Jan 31, 2013, 09:23 AM
Belfast / Dublin
Joined May 2004
1,554 Posts
hi macem

D/R are 100 % and 70% but the rudder is 100% for both settings

subtrim is neutral on all channels

travel is 100 for all channels

channel reverse
1 2 3 4 5 6
Rev R Nor R N R

swash mix
aile -40
pith 65
elev -40

gyro sene
pos 0 -100
pos1 +100

throt curv

nor low throttle mid high throttle
I 0 50 100
O 0 50 100
L 0 0 0

idle 0
I 0 50 100
O 100 83 100
L 100 100 100

pitch curv low mid high
nor

I 0 50 100
O 30 50 100
L 35 50 35

idle 0
I 0 50 100
O 0 50 100
L 0 0 0

throttle hold

value " -18"

not sure if my info on the curves is useful but those are the numbers i'm seeing
Old Feb 18, 2013, 12:47 AM
Joined Jan 2008
942 Posts
I bought it from bangood.com and tried to bind it with the Hobbyking NO LCD remote with success. but when I try to go back to banggood remote the servo barely move, with no resolution at all, like the binding wasn't successful.

Why can't I bind the LCD remote ?
sharonx is offline Find More Posts by sharonx
RCG Plus Member