HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 09, 2011, 07:31 AM
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFMeouch View Post
If you are going to be flying this quite often, it could be a good idea to get a spare tail motor as they burn out quite easily. Batteries could also be handy as well. I don't see the need for other spares as I have yet to break anything (ok, maybe the small crack on the canopy counts) on my V911 after numerous rough flights. Seems like its engineered to withstand very rough handling.

I have yet to bring it outdoors but judging from flying indoors with light wind, it seems that it could handle outdoor flights pretty well. I wouldn't try that with the 9958 as it was mentioned that the stock transmitter have very limited range and no safety cut off. If I can use my Solo Pro as a gauge, I would think that the V911 should fly well even with some light wind.
myrcmart doesn't seem to have any spares ....
would the solo pro or bravo sx tail motors be drop in replacements ???
amartyashankha is offline Find More Posts by amartyashankha
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2011, 08:00 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,278 Posts
Helicopcat: Haha it was a great deal! unfortunately it's from a local seller here in China (where I'm currently located) :P will let you know if the r/c car is any good...it looks like a ton of fun from a video on their site

Bytemuncher: Since it's practically the same head as the Solo Pro... I'm guessing it requires the same mods.

amartyashankha: I'm guessing the SX's tail boom is more similar.. the Solo pro has a thinner tail boom and I don't think it is a direct replacement. Note that the V911 does not use plugs so you'll have to solder the wires
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 09, 2011, 08:30 AM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
Found this video of indoor/outdoor flights:

New WLtoys V911 2.4GHz 4 Channel Gyro Remote Control RC Helicopter.flv (2 min 57 sec)

It's funny the recommendation at the end:

"please keep it away from obstacle"

Jameschen072: Thank you!
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat
Old Dec 10, 2011, 04:34 AM
The flightless bird
Joined Aug 2004
2,278 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by helicopcat View Post
Found this video of indoor/outdoor flights:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5WccQtaJAo

It's funny the recommendation at the end:

"please keep it away from obstacle"

Jameschen072: Thank you!
haha and "the first outdoor heli in the world" in the weirdest accent ever... I thought I've been flying outdoors for years but... guess they know better!
jameschen072 is offline Find More Posts by jameschen072
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 11, 2011, 05:30 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2007
299 Posts
After flying my v911 for a few days, I decided to switch back to flying my 9958 for a change. I must say that I was terribly disappointed with my 9958. Firstly, the sliding movements compared to the super fast response of the v911 forced me to tame my flying style.

The next thing is the piro rate. The 9958 turns like a brick compared to the v911. I was a bit shocked by the difference. I had not felt that way before I got my v911.

I must also comment that after about 10+ intense flights, the motor seems to be working smoother now. The motor sound isn't as annoying as before and I quite enjoy the who flying experience every time I fly it. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed the batteries can last. I try to end my flight the moment I need about 75% throttle to hover. So far no reduction in battery performance yet.
TFMeouch is offline Find More Posts by TFMeouch
Old Dec 11, 2011, 06:20 AM
Joined Aug 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
After flying my v911 for a few days, I decided to switch back to flying my 9958 for a change. I must say that I was terribly disappointed with my 9958. Firstly, the sliding movements compared to the super fast response of the v911 forced me to tame my flying style.

The next thing is the piro rate. The 9958 turns like a brick compared to the v911. I was a bit shocked by the difference. I had not felt that way before I got my v911.

I must also comment that after about 10+ intense flights, the motor seems to be working smoother now. The motor sound isn't as annoying as before and I quite enjoy the who flying experience every time I fly it. Now I just have to keep my fingers crossed the batteries can last. I try to end my flight the moment I need about 75% throttle to hover. So far no reduction in battery performance yet.

Sound can come from somewhere else, you have a Solo, try it without the canopy, you'll be surprised...
Are the LiPos the same as the Solo / Solo Pro ones?
It seeems me they are the same... if so I'll buy a v911 for Christmas (175 yuans on Taobao... )
___FP is offline Find More Posts by ___FP
Old Dec 11, 2011, 06:30 AM
Joined Dec 2011
87 Posts
Hi, Is it a mode 1 transmitter or mode 2 ?
Flo38 is offline Find More Posts by Flo38
Old Dec 11, 2011, 06:46 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2007
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ___FP View Post
Sound can come from somewhere else, you have a Solo, try it without the canopy, you'll be surprised...
Are the LiPos the same as the Solo / Solo Pro ones?
It seeems me they are the same... if so I'll buy a v911 for Christmas (175 yuans on Taobao... )
Batteries are different from the Solo Pro. It's their own design, so there is no wat to use the Solo Pro batteries unless you change the connector. Or perhaps using a Solo Pro skid may work.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 06:47 AM
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Dec 2007
299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flo38 View Post
Hi, Is it a mode 1 transmitter or mode 2 ?
Transmitter is mode 2. I think they do have mode 1 as well.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 07:18 AM
Joined Aug 2011
37 Posts
Quote:
Batteries are different from the Solo Pro. It's their own design, so there is no wat to use the Solo Pro batteries unless you change the connector. Or perhaps using a Solo Pro skid may work.
I was thinking they were the same ...
If you have time, could you check SP skid can fit the w911?
___FP is offline Find More Posts by ___FP
Old Dec 11, 2011, 09:22 AM
Joined Dec 2011
4 Posts
myrcmart has spares
amartyashankha is offline Find More Posts by amartyashankha
Old Dec 11, 2011, 05:58 PM
中国, 广东省, 广州
Joined Dec 2011
5 Posts
v911 is as cheap as greatwall9958 in china
bigorange is offline Find More Posts by bigorange
Old Dec 12, 2011, 02:20 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
V911 MOD - The first mod?!

I think that this heli can become faster and have more cyclic in a very easy way - this is because it has regular servos (not linear).

This can be achieved by just extending the servo arms a little bit, in order to get more swash movement for better cyclic.

Just notice not to extend it to much and go beyond mechanical limits of the swash, and a mechanical tuning of the servo links is also needed (need to be extended a little bit).

I didn't get my v911 yet, so I can't try it - doe's anyone else can?
asanado is offline Find More Posts by asanado
Old Dec 12, 2011, 06:06 AM
Joined Jan 2011
338 Posts
I found a post with question about swapping TX sticks from mode1 to mode2 and viceversa, but still no answer.
Anyone knows if it's possible, like with the Trex100S TX?

Thanks.
helicopcat is offline Find More Posts by helicopcat
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:47 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,063 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlk69 View Post
BTW Daryoon informed me that Blade SR 120 tail boom is the same as the Solo Pro/9958/mSr main shaft and you can get 3 main shafts from 1 tail boom. I got one on order from my LHS.
Yup. Just remember there are two SR120 tail boom set. One with motor, and one without.

The one without motor is what you would want. It's only $3.50.

Alternatively, HobbyKing seems to sell the correct sized hallow CF tube. However, it's always on back order so I have yet to try them.
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...3x2x750mm.html

I think with the v911 being, according to HeliPal, so close to the Solo Pro that some parts are swappable...I think there's a very good chance that its' main RX can be installed on to a Solo Pro. If this is the case, it is very welcome news indeed. I will definitely have to get a board just so I can be able to control my Solo Pro with my Turnigy 9x. It will complete it for me as I already have my mSR and 9958 controlled by my 9x.

If you are handy, and have been following to know which parts are the crème de la crème, you can put together a very nice heli and TX for a relatively low cost.

Building from parts will save you a good bit in shipping. Especially if you plan on building a few. But keep in mind that the RTF kit has a pretty nice TX and charger, as well as spare blade. So make sure to factor those in to the equation.

When building from parts, I like the lower cost of the v911 parts. Except the main shaft, head and collar...I would probably source from the Solo Pro. Simply because it comes as a set there for about $2 and the shaft is carbon fiber.

Anyone know if the v911 needs canopy grommets? What about the bearings for the frame. I noticed that they didn't have these in the spare parts listing. Also, I see the servo link ends, but not the threaded rod that generally goes with them. In this case, buying the linkage set from Solo Pro may be the better option. As long as the ball size between the v911 and Solo Pro are exactly the same. Can you guys that have both shed some light on how interchangeable are the parts between the SP and v911?
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon