HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2014, 12:01 PM
Italy, Toscana, Orbetello
Joined Mar 2012
326 Posts
Another amazing surprise from Sid: few days ago he received my receiver to check it because was falled in the sea for my mistake.
He wrote me that it looked ok but that he had to test it anyway.
I wrote him that I was afraid in particular for some small components close to the RF connector.
His answer has been: if You still afraid about Your receiver, I'll change it with a new one, for free.
UNBELIEVABLE!
I was not sure that I had understood fine, because I was also buying another receiver, but He confirmed me: yes, You'll receive two receivers: the one You're buying and another one for free, as change with Your old one.
Thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks, thanks and thanks again, Sid!
You're great!!!
Ricky971 is offline Find More Posts by Ricky971
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 02, 2014, 04:58 AM
Polska, Śląskie, Siemianowice Śląskie
Joined Mar 2011
3 Posts
Hello
He wanted me to present my case.
Before leaving on vacation, I checked my rig FPV Easy Star II treadmill in LongRange from Sid and OSD RangeVideo. At a distance of 1 km losing control of the model, after re-binding process everything is back to "normal". But after check in mountains during the flight there was a failure and loss of control of the model with all the equipment.
Lot na Cergową (1 min 41 sec)

In the video you can see how the flight power consumption disappears, and this time the loss of control. I turned to Sid to give me a discount on the purchase of a new receiver in place of the lost, but it is not willing to lowering prices.
Regards
Sorry for my english but kożysta with google translator
dymarkus is offline Find More Posts by dymarkus
Old Jul 02, 2014, 05:58 AM
Joined Oct 2009
23 Posts
Hello Symarkus,

It seems when you lose the control, the osd makes strange things (distance 21 km ???,...). Do you use OSD for stabilization?
Mister_a is offline Find More Posts by Mister_a
Old Jul 02, 2014, 06:06 AM
Joined Apr 2012
151 Posts
Dude,
this looks like everything BUT a rangelink problem. I would not replace your RX either.
For my liking, the plane is not set up properly. 4km and 20% RSSI out in the boonies: Something is wrong with your setup.
Your RVOSD does not even go in RTH, i.e. either you haven't set failsafe properly or missed out on doing some personal testing that you should before you are trying to fly out that far

The RVOSD shows **estimates** distance left - in the lower right corner, it has nothing to do with the OSD either. It's rock-solid on 4200m all the way.

You have not mentioned your set up. Where components are placed and especially how you power your equipment.

My guess is wrong setup. Plain Vanilla.

Dio
Dionysos is online now Find More Posts by Dionysos
Old Jul 02, 2014, 07:26 AM
Joined Mar 2011
3 Posts
My platform FPV years from two years and is going through hundreds of miles, I was in RangeVideo set to Return to Home and Fly-by-Wire. Clearly something broke in electronics.
Old Jul 02, 2014, 08:03 AM
The Fixer
Canada, ON, Milton
Joined Jan 2009
3,621 Posts
Were you using a seperate bec to power the servo's? When you went in the rssi went to 41% . So the rx and the osd were working perfectly.
Martin Y is offline Find More Posts by Martin Y
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Flyfly Fox Glider
Old Jul 02, 2014, 08:07 AM
Joined Apr 2012
151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dymarkus View Post
My platform FPV years from two years and is going through hundreds of miles, I was in RangeVideo set to Return to Home and Fly-by-Wire. Clearly something broke in electronics.
Clearly RTH never comes on. FBW maybe. There is not even a FS. Your problem must be something else.

How long have you been using the rig?

How far have you flown with the rig?

..or as Martin asks: BEC from ESC or separate regulator?
Old Jul 02, 2014, 08:10 AM
Joined Apr 2012
151 Posts
Long story short: My philosophy is to never ever use the ESC's BEC. That brought me out and back home pretty much all the time.
Old Jul 02, 2014, 10:11 AM
Joined Mar 2011
3 Posts
FBW works can be seen in the moments when the fading control (saucer current to 0.5 A), the model of the bend straightens up and flies straight, after regaining control again turns. A sharp left turn, loop and dive model performs spontaneously or AP performs the movements at the controls, but is it a result of the AP or erroneous signals from the RX
Old Jul 04, 2014, 11:24 PM
DOLLA DOLLA BILL YALL
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2012
879 Posts
I flew100 or more meters away with a broken TX antenna, only 2 failsafe, very happy. Repairing it for full range. It did not glitch once at pecan patch. The dragon link crowd complained as usual, some lost all control with dragon link
quad007 is offline Find More Posts by quad007
Old Jul 22, 2014, 05:14 PM
Certified Power Juicer
Joined Feb 2009
783 Posts
Watched a UHF system shootout on flitetest the other day and I am wondering how come the rangelink gets critiqued there.
Jack_LaLanne is offline Find More Posts by Jack_LaLanne
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Easy Glider DIY FPV canopy
Old Jul 22, 2014, 07:10 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,203 Posts
The scope of the test was fairly limited, and it's not at all clear why Rangelink got panned.
More recently Alex has said positive things about Rangelink, probably based
on the positive experiences of others at big FPV meets and such, where some
of the other UHF systems have struggled to play well with each other.
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 22, 2014, 09:32 PM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,047 Posts
http://www.rangepiloting.com/rangeli...ver-p-178.html

July Sales $59 for RX!
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ZMR/RCX Motor X Mount
Old Jul 22, 2014, 10:53 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,978 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by skellator View Post
Yup... I ordered one up for my Phantom 2 Vision +. It arrives tomorrow. There's a great way to mount a turnstile on the Phantom and I have a PPM -> Sbus converter. Woohoo! Expo on my yaw! (Little things are important.)
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
Old Yesterday, 12:11 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Federal Territory of Putrajaya, Putrajaya
Joined Nov 2011
2,047 Posts
I just ordered 2, now I can convert all my fpv ship to LRS
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ZMR/RCX Motor X Mount