HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 15, 2012, 12:23 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Question
Beginner RC Flyer

Hello, I just started flying electric RC's for about 3 months now and needed a better area to fly and saw lagoon valley on google maps and looks like its a gated area. Is there like a fee to fly there?

-thanks
Ctexh is offline Find More Posts by Ctexh
Last edited by Ctexh; Nov 15, 2012 at 12:42 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:20 PM
United States, CA, Rio Vista
Joined Feb 2012
1,167 Posts
It is a park that requires a fee. They have an annual pass that is worth while if you are going to fly a lot.
I don't remember the amount as I fly at the Yolo Grass Lands south of Davis on Mace road. It is $6 unless you join the SVSS club (svss.org). Which requires AMA membership. For SVSS members its free.
OldDmbThms is offline Find More Posts by OldDmbThms
Old Nov 16, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined Nov 2012
2 Posts
Cool, thanks for the info. I'll sign up for the AMA!
Ctexh is offline Find More Posts by Ctexh
Old Nov 28, 2012, 09:26 AM
Bob Art
Joined Aug 2012
6 Posts
Lagoon valley airfield

Lagoon Valley Park is the home of The Lagoon Valley Electric Flyers, an AMA club.
The field has 2 runways, both 300' long
Our meetings are on Sunday mornings, no real meeting just come out and fly
Park fees are $3 per day or $50 per year
AMA membership required
If you are new to the sport please check out our website, we have members that will teach flying through the "buddy " method, 2 transmitters connected with the experianced pilot able to override the student
Everyone there is happy to help with questions for airplanes, helicopters and cars
Please stop by, we'd be happy to see you!
legend1949 is offline Find More Posts by legend1949