SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 26, 2015, 06:22 PM
Find More Posts by Whirlwind22
Alan Berg
Neenah, WI
Joined Oct 2010
23 Posts
Help!
Covering a Cub, I could use some help...

Anyone have experience covering with 21st Century Coverite? I'm stuck at the tail-fin fillet on a 1/4 scale sig cub that I'm refinishing. I've reached the limit of my patience and I should be outside...

I've read everything I could find around the web on the subject, but it's just not happening. Seems literally impossible to get the coverite to mold/bend into that shape. Unfortunately I'm stuck with the coverite, since I've finished everything else already.

I live near the sod farm if this is anyone's idea of a "fun challenge."
Whirlwind22 is offline Find More Posts by Whirlwind22
to remove ads between posts
Old May 01, 2015, 03:58 PM
Find More Posts by knighttwister
end user
USA, WI, Neenah
Joined Feb 2006
1,072 Posts
when i did my goldberg, i covered the fillet before i glued it to the plane. much easier that way.
knighttwister is offline Find More Posts by knighttwister
Old May 04, 2015, 02:32 AM
Find More Posts by Whirlwind22
Alan Berg
Neenah, WI
Joined Oct 2010
23 Posts
Thanks, but this cub has been built and flown for many years. it just desperately needed to be recovered and a lot of general TLC. It's been a frustrating learning curve, but I'm glad I tackled it. It took many tries but I was able to get the fillet covered. It's far from perfect but it'll work as my first covering job. I hope to have it at the field in a week or two.
Whirlwind22 is offline Find More Posts by Whirlwind22