New Products Flash Sale
Old May 15, 2015, 01:11 PM
Find More Posts by TTRotary
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,354 Posts
OK, but I thought we said we were OK with same speed both directions - so what's the hold-up?
TTRotary is offline Find More Posts by TTRotary
to remove ads between posts
Old May 15, 2015, 01:45 PM
Find More Posts by Dbspit
Joined Apr 2013
18 Posts
Sequencer

Since Jim says I'm to blame for him having to do the sequencer in the first place, he is busy gift wrapping mine in gold foil which takes time.😎
Dbspit is offline Find More Posts by Dbspit
Old May 15, 2015, 01:52 PM
Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
The Villages, Florida
Joined May 2003
614 Posts
**** "It's not wine until it's time" ****
JuanRodriguez is online now Find More Posts by JuanRodriguez
Old May 15, 2015, 02:23 PM
Find More Posts by JimDrew
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,716 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TTRotary View Post
OK, but I thought we said we were OK with same speed both directions - so what's the hold-up?
For you, the hold up is the PWM issue. Barry doesn't need PWM since he is using a serial data stream. Right now, there is no support for PWM input.
JimDrew is online now Find More Posts by JimDrew
RCG Plus Member
Old May 15, 2015, 04:30 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,354 Posts
If it is a matter of a jumper, can you just tell us what to do? I don't see this product going very far without PWM.
Old May 16, 2015, 12:56 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,716 Posts
It's no different than the X10+ being serial based. It's not a jumper. The hardware was designed only for handling serial data, not clocking (timing) a pulse.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 16, 2015, 05:06 PM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,354 Posts
But that means one can only use XPS, or DMSS/futaba RXs with serial (bus) capability. For the product to sell widely, it has to be able to be plugged into any dude's RX gear channe on anything from a DSM spekky AR500, Hitec Optima etc. .
Old May 16, 2015, 05:27 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,716 Posts
You can use a Spektrum satellite receiver input signal as well as Graupner Hott SUMD and Jeti UDI. When I finish the Multiplex SLRX protocol, the X10+ will cover every known serial protocol.

Like I said, the X10+ hardware was never designed for clocking a pulse stream, only for handling serial data. A new board would have to be made to make a working non-kludged product.

The X10+ is selling widely.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 17, 2015, 12:53 PM
Find More Posts by xfedex
Joined Sep 2011
111 Posts
Jim, I am having a senior moment but will the XPS receivers work with the JR DMSS transmitters? Seems like I remember you saying they would but I want to be sure as I have friend who is thinking about buying a JR.....thanks, Tim
xfedex is offline Find More Posts by xfedex
Old May 17, 2015, 01:20 PM
Find More Posts by xfedex
Joined Sep 2011
111 Posts
P.S. Also, what the range would the XPS Rex have when used with a JR DMSS ?
xfedex is offline Find More Posts by xfedex
Old May 17, 2015, 06:32 PM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,716 Posts
There is currently no support for DMSS transmitters. It's on the (very) long list of things to do.
RCG Plus Member
Old May 21, 2015, 12:41 AM
Rangers Lead the Way
Joined Mar 2010
2,354 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimDrew View Post
You can use a Spektrum satellite receiver input signal as well as Graupner Hott SUMD and Jeti UDI. When I finish the Multiplex SLRX protocol, the X10+ will cover every known serial protocol.

Like I said, the X10+ hardware was never designed for clocking a pulse stream, only for handling serial data. A new board would have to be made to make a working non-kludged product.

The X10+ is selling widely.
Jim it's your product but I really think you are leaving out a big chunk of business without PWM plug-n-play. At $30, you can sell this like hotcakes, but it MUST be PWM. Your average foam EDF guy does not want to mess around with or even understand serial protocol etc. They just want to plug into the gear channel on their RX600, set it up with the serial programmer, and be on their way. Same applies to the traditional scale builder, I suspect. Even the more "advanced" users need PWM. You are telling me that if I want to use this with DMSS, the only RX I can use is the 731BX. Which means that if I need more than 6 channels besides the sequencer, I need to spend $$$ on S-bus (or whatever JR calls it). Why would I do that when I can get an 1131bx and do the sequencing in the radio. Much cheaper and simpler.

If we are down to reduced LED functionality and bridging, then it is no big deal. At least provide the instructions to do the PWM mod. Truly, again though, it needs to be PWM to sell in volume, IMO of course.
Old May 21, 2015, 12:45 AM
Xtreme Power Systems
Lake Havasu, AZ
Joined Jun 2005
16,716 Posts
The code for a PWM input is completely different from serial code, and there is no way to include both.
RCG Plus Member