HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 17, 2015, 11:27 AM
Joined Sep 2014
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSpool View Post
Thanks very much for the pics Martin. I will have to search around for some small bearing. What vender did you order yours from?

James.
I bought them from a German shop "MVD Modellbauschrauben" but I guess you will find some in the US as well

The whole construction is much tighter than without the bearings, especially after a couple of flight hours.
Martin78 is online now Find More Posts by Martin78
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2015, 01:31 PM
Joined Mar 2009
192 Posts
Bearings for Extreme head

I can not find a bearing site that has 5x2x2 flanged or4x1 or5x2 millimeter all at once for an order. So, exactly what site did you use? I would definitely like to get those that fit. Also, is those dimensions you listed in the correct order. I think its ID x OD x W in mm's. Thanks, Scottheli
scottheli is offline Find More Posts by scottheli
Last edited by scottheli; Feb 17, 2015 at 01:42 PM. Reason: forgot
Old Feb 17, 2015, 03:23 PM
Joined Sep 2014
16 Posts
http://www.modellbauschrauben.de/sho...php?gruppid=90
Old Feb 18, 2015, 04:28 PM
Joined Mar 2009
192 Posts
Martin, it does not appear they will send orders to USA. Where the form ask what country for delivery there is not a USA on the site. Am I doing something wrong? I only need the 2 w/flange for the slop in the blade grip pin area, they rest I have made ok. The USA sites show the width of 2.3 and 2.5mm. Would that work? Oh, you posted it as 5x2x2, its supposed to be 2x5x2, I should have noticed that before searching. Thanks, Scottheli
Last edited by scottheli; Feb 18, 2015 at 05:53 PM.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 11:28 PM
Joined Sep 2014
16 Posts
Scottheli, 2,3 mm the right wide for the bearings in the main shaft, I used the 2 mm bearings in the flybar.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 11:49 PM
Joined Dec 2012
353 Posts
FLASH... those of you that are considering a F45... Take a peek here: http://www.tmart.com/MJX-F45-4Channe...n_p183046.html
I was shopping for parts and found this... 69.99 usd, free shipping, AND a USA warehouse
BobTopofTheWorld is offline Find More Posts by BobTopofTheWorld
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:19 AM
Joined Dec 2012
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottheli View Post
Since my heli rebuild and very few flights, I've decided to go ahead and get the camera for X-mas, question is whats the difference in the C4002 which it calls for and the C4004? Other than maybe memory and possibly mounting? Also, anyone know of a better camera other than pricey GoPro that would fit and also be very light weight, or is that out because of the MJX plug for ON/OFF operation. I want to stay cheap just because its not for serious aerial photography, the new DJI Inspire is for that. Ya'll check it out. And Oh yeah, my last flight was awesome. I flew her right over us at full speed. My brother was like you should have had the camera for that, and I wondered Hmmm, will that MJX camera still have a good picture at that speed, and finally for that price, I guess I'll find out for sure. Oh, I have seen videos with it and they did look pretty good, just curious about speed. Thanks and sorry I have not chimed in lately, been busy, and Oh one more thing, not to dis MJX, but I ordered a WL Toys V931 AS-350 because I want a small affordable 6 ch collective pitch scale heli and MJX has failed so far to produce one. So now I'll will practice collective management and I have a micro LED light set for it because they did not install, but who cares for $116 at BG,
Happy Thanksgiving everyone.
Dunno if you got the camera bit sorted Scott... The 4004 camera is 720p, the 4002 is NOT HD (its vga)
Old Feb 28, 2015, 05:53 AM
Joined Dec 2012
353 Posts
Pulled the trigger on a v49 rx board, it claims to be 100% compatable with f45 tx (prob the newest one) AND it has servo level outputs for all channels.
Oh yea I put a BL tail motor in mine and it was NOT a pleasant flying experience... Wished I hadn't put the new landing gear/canopy on prior lol
Old Feb 28, 2015, 04:49 PM
Beating air into submission!
United States, CA, Twain Harte
Joined Feb 2014
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTopofTheWorld View Post
Pulled the trigger on a v49 rx board, it claims to be 100% compatable with f45 tx (prob the newest one) AND it has servo level outputs for all channels.
Oh yea I put a BL tail motor in mine and it was NOT a pleasant flying experience... Wished I hadn't put the new landing gear/canopy on prior lol
The brushless tail conversion really seems to work well only with a different PCB. The MJX board doesn't seem to like other ESCs or BL motors for the tail. I did the BL conversion for the main motor but kept the brushed tail---seems to work pretty well.

Steve
bassman12350 is offline Find More Posts by bassman12350
Old Mar 02, 2015, 09:52 AM
Joined Feb 2013
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bassman12350 View Post
The brushless tail conversion really seems to work well only with a different PCB. The MJX board doesn't seem to like other ESCs or BL motors for the tail. I did the BL conversion for the main motor but kept the brushed tail---seems to work pretty well.

Steve
I've had trouble with the f49 bl tail. When it works, it works great! But for some reason during the flight, I lose the tail. If power off then back on then it is fixed. This happens in mid flight, so now I just been flying the brushed tail until I can figure out what the problems is.
dbranch2480 is offline Find More Posts by dbranch2480
Old Mar 02, 2015, 11:24 AM
Joined Sep 2014
16 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbranch2480 View Post
I've had trouble with the f49 bl tail. When it works, it works great! But for some reason during the flight, I lose the tail. If power off then back on then it is fixed. This happens in mid flight, so now I just been flying the brushed tail until I can figure out what the problems is.
I had the same problem. It seems the receiver had a problem, since I changed it to a new one the problem was gone.

Best regards
Martin
Old Mar 02, 2015, 02:27 PM
Joined Feb 2013
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martin78 View Post
I had the same problem. It seems the receiver had a problem, since I changed it to a new one the problem was gone.

Best regards
Martin
Thanks!!! I think that could be my problem b/c I hear how crappy the mjx pcb's have been. The 2 pcb's I've had worked great with the brushed tail. I have 3 bl tails from feala and had the same problem with all. I really like the way it flies with the bl tail before the tail loses.
dbranch2480 is offline Find More Posts by dbranch2480
Old Mar 02, 2015, 10:01 PM
Joined Feb 2014
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbranch2480 View Post
BTHirsk, when he did his conversion to fully brushless, used a completely different receiver to provide signal for the new servos and the BL ESCs. He used a Turnigy ESC for the tail (as well as the main), I think a 10 amp one, and then the Turnigy 1811/2000 kV BL motor for the tail. To my recollection he said this worked well, but it was a lot of work for him.

Steve
Old Mar 04, 2015, 10:04 PM
Joined Mar 2009
192 Posts
F-45 Flyin Again

I decided to re-rig the Extreme head with tiny washers to take up the slop instead of attempting to find tiny bearings like some have. I just figured what the heck, it can't hurt. Well, what do you know? My re-rig worked like a champ. Also, in my last crash which I think was because of the Lion power 2200mah 25c from banggood going out, which I just test hovered with and it had power at first but quickly subsided, is definitely what caused the crash. I did order another Lion power but with 30c, and I admit that I did abuse that battery. I would immediately put it on charge trying to get in another flight and before I got the battery alarm, I ran it until it forced a quick landing on several occasions. So, now I'm waiting on the new one and will probably order another Extreme flybar because the other one got bent in the crash. Also, I installed two more canopy lights and added the rest of a Nav set to the tail and frames. It looks way better, however the way I had it was with 2 red strip(landing gear) and one long red strip(tail) zip tied underneath and man you could really tell direction at night better. Anyway, figured I'd chime in since not many are anymore. Has the F-49 taken over or has everyone moved up to better helis. I got the V931, and love it other than its small and has no lights. I plan to find some tiny leds and rig it, then I'll like it more, because I love to fly in the evening as the sun starts letting darkness set in, plus the wind seem to die here completely during that hour. So, there you have it she lived to fly again. Now, I sure hope it is the battery dieing and not the BL motor or ESC. Not for sure but , pretty sure its the battery. Cheers, Scottheli
Old Yesterday, 10:51 AM
Joined Feb 2014
496 Posts
Scottheli, I would think it's the battery which is causing your problems and not the BL motor or the ESC. Those generally fail to the point where the motor would quit altogether or the ESC or motor would burn up (on a good battery with a full charge).

Steve