Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 20, 2014, 02:53 PM
United States, CA, Vallejo
Joined Jun 2013
11 Posts
Discussion
Ventus 2 hx by cmp

Picked one up nib went through all the hassles as per previous posts was looking like a nice little glider got all servos mounted retract working (what a hassle)finally fitting wings on all going well Im thinking this will be a nice sloper stand back to look with the wings on and bam!the vertical fin is fully 5 degrees out of plum!!arg!!!any ideas or should I salvage my servos and trash it?dan
Tugsorus is offline Find More Posts by Tugsorus
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 21, 2014, 02:34 AM
Joined Apr 2006
65 Posts
No problem sorting that fin out. Assemble the plane and make sure that the wings are level (on top of some books) put a bag of rice on each panel. Have a cold (ice water) hand towel handy. Gently warm the boom area in front of the fin and twist in the direction to get the fin vertical, apply heat all round the boom and while holding, remove heat and wrap cold cloth around the boom. the longer you hold the cold cloth in position the better. This make take several attempts, but go slowly for the best result. You will need to shim or build up the low side of the top of the fin so the stab is level with the wings. This is how I sorted out mine.
Regards
Russ
RUSS CONRADT is offline Find More Posts by RUSS CONRADT
Old Jul 21, 2014, 10:22 AM
United States, CA, Vallejo
Joined Jun 2013
11 Posts
Ventus2hx

Thanks Russ ill give that a try Dan
Tugsorus is offline Find More Posts by Tugsorus
Old Jul 22, 2014, 06:33 PM
Will fly for food
Bellevue WA,
Joined Dec 2003
6,701 Posts
I did this and it worked. The retract will fail so just tape it up when it does. Remove the unit and servo and save the weight. The spoilers are located in the wrong position on the wing and when deployed work excessively well. They will knock the plane out of the air. Remove the servo and tape the spoilers up and save the weight. When flown at or near 60oz they can fly well if kept at speed. My advice is to never slow it down, "especially when landing".
davidjensen is offline Find More Posts by davidjensen
Old Jul 23, 2014, 08:09 AM
Mulit-Platform Pilot
United States, FL, Jacksonville
Joined Sep 2004
3,095 Posts
+1 on the spoilers, they are too close in and shut down airflow over the elevator making bad things happen
barracudahockey is offline Find More Posts by barracudahockey