HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 07, 2014, 10:48 PM
USA, Mt, Great Falls
Joined Nov 2006
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by squirrel40 View Post
Hey Rick not much help around here and I am not sure why but try this forum. Takes awhile to get signed up but they are very helpful there.

http://modelsteam.myfreeforum.org/
I'm willing to help when I'm not out in the garage building steam locos and boats
Deserteagle is offline Find More Posts by Deserteagle
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 07, 2014, 10:51 PM
USA, Mt, Great Falls
Joined Nov 2006
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick tomsett View Post
this is where I'm at now
starting to clean up the burner and the boiler now the clear coat they put on it needs to come off so I can polish it back up again as it is tarnished and looks like s$$t. can I just strip it with stripper and then star polishing back up again??
any help here would be good thanks guys for all the help
Rick
I have a old satio boiler I'm putting in the wife's boat I'm building for her. It was a mess as well. I used "Mothers" metal polish (name of the product, not something my mother made) and fine steel wool, then buffed it with a wheel. I have pictures of it I'll post this weekend for you. Overall it took me about 3 hours of polishing while watching the news but now it looks like new.
Old Jan 07, 2014, 10:53 PM
USA, Mt, Great Falls
Joined Nov 2006
416 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hookpilot View Post
Hey Rick:
Take a look at my build of the snag boat W.T. Preston on this forum. I also have an extensive build log on the Scale Boats forum under 1/32nd Scale Sternwheeler W.T. Preston. If any of us can be of help on getting into steam powered model boats, just sing out. There is a lot of dedicated folks here, some of which are a little shy, but all are very interested in seeing new blood enter our hobby. Welcome aboard!

Snagboat Mike
Incredible! Simply top notch