HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 18, 2014, 03:48 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,420 Posts
I have received the mclaren body, looks darn good! Mounting it is a pain though, one mounting bracket needed to be cut as it pressed against the motor can. Now it fits great but still hard to put on or remove. I may need to work on the mounting brackets a little more.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 18, 2014, 01:37 PM
Sakura Ultimate graduate
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
458 Posts
I trimmed the clips on either side, easier to put on. I've been looking to get the body posts parts to use the Mini-Q lexan bodies for some more weight savings.
SporadicIdiocy is offline Find More Posts by SporadicIdiocy
Old Jul 18, 2014, 01:46 PM
Nice
Joined Nov 2008
287 Posts
What is the best shop for international shipping to buy the Atomic car guys
Helicoy is offline Find More Posts by Helicoy
Old Jul 18, 2014, 01:53 PM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
12,420 Posts
I did the same, first cut the large square flat parts and then used a sanding tool to remove some of the remainder of the clips. It now fits on with a little pressure. I'm a little reluctant to remove any more material, and make the fit too loose.

Also drove it with body, seems better than without. The motor was a bit warm after 5 minutes of running, might be the carpet I was running on. It's also quite warm here, both outside and inside.

Also noticed the car slows down almost instantly after releasing throttle. Is this normal? I know it has little mass to keep rolling, and I doubt it's the drag brake setting, as the car also stops directly after being pushed forward manually. Might also be the motor's magnet pull, the stronger the magnets, the more natural braking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helicoy View Post
What is the best shop for international shipping to buy the Atomic car guys
I would think Xtreme, they are good to deal with.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 25, 2014, 06:14 PM
Sakura Ultimate graduate
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
458 Posts
Just ordered the bumper and body mount set along with two mini-q bodies. Got the Porche and the Ferrari. This car is already pretty light compared to the mini-z, I'm hoping this will lighten it even further.
Old Aug 06, 2014, 09:55 PM
Sakura Ultimate graduate
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
458 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloProFan View Post
I did the same, first cut the large square flat parts and then used a sanding tool to remove some of the remainder of the clips. It now fits on with a little pressure. I'm a little reluctant to remove any more material, and make the fit too loose.

Also drove it with body, seems better than without. The motor was a bit warm after 5 minutes of running, might be the carpet I was running on. It's also quite warm here, both outside and inside.

Also noticed the car slows down almost instantly after releasing throttle. Is this normal? I know it has little mass to keep rolling, and I doubt it's the drag brake setting, as the car also stops directly after being pushed forward manually. Might also be the motor's magnet pull, the stronger the magnets, the more natural braking.
Well I guess the car is too light and there isn't enough mass/momentum to keep the motor rotating for very long. The car does roll noticeably further with a body on.

The alloy bits I ordered finally came in! Spent an hour or so installing them, finally happy with the car lol.

Now I just have to wait for the lexan bodies and I'm done with upgrading this car. I'll be focusing more on my 1/10 for now, Mini-Z season is months away still.

Anyway, I've come to the conclusion that the stock servo saver sucks. The O-ring doesn't hold the servo horn in position that well unless you tighten the screw real hard, and by then the functionality of a servo saver is gone. Might as well switch to a solid servo horn if you're using the digital servo, you'll have much more precise steering. Just don't hit anything hard lol
Old Aug 11, 2014, 10:59 PM
Sakura Ultimate graduate
Richmond B.C. Canada
Joined Oct 2007
458 Posts
The bodies arrived!! The pre painted porsche body fits pretty nicely, though the front body post of the atomic parts set is a little too short, will have to get the Mini-Q body posts in order to mount it properly. I guess I can rig up some velcro mounting method on the front somehow.

The car is now a full 32 grams lighter than my Mini-Z AWD. Pretty nice considering my Mini-Z AWD with an ASC body is 183 grams.