HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 06, 2013, 06:46 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2 Posts
Help!
Double Horse 7009

I bought a Double Horse 7009 for my son for his birthday. It worked awesome the first day out of the box. We used it in our pool and he was all smiles. We charged the batteries for the next day and let the boat dry. When we put the newly charged battery in the boat the next day, the boat would take off for about 1-2 seconds and then sputter. It will not drive straight and only sputters or will not move. If we wait a minute it just repeats the same process again. I don't know what to do. We are new to RC boats any help would be greatly appreciated.
Btiggs28 is offline Find More Posts by Btiggs28
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 06, 2013, 09:17 PM
IdealMethod
United Kingdom, Scotland, Edinburgh
Joined Jun 2011
84 Posts
I did the same thing but with a different boat, and the journey began.......
SYMA CENTURY EP rc boat (7 min 1 sec)
idealmethod is offline Find More Posts by idealmethod
Old Aug 08, 2013, 07:46 AM
United States, IL, Oak Lawn
Joined Nov 2012
208 Posts
tHE QUALITY OF THESE BOATS IS HIT OR MISS.
I had to order 3 to get 2 that work perfect.
If you can return it for a replacement that works do it.
You could have a loose wire on the battery connection making intermittent contact.
I had one with a bad solder joint on the control board inside the box in the boat it would loose contact on and off..
Check the battery with a volt meter to be sure it is charged and good.
Look for loose wires. When the boat bounces around one of the wires might be breaking contact.
Could also have a loose antenna connection inside boat or the controller.
With both (2) motors running the rudder should be set to make it run straight. The motors may not run at the same RPM and the fixed rudder will compensate for this. With a single rudder with servo control you might also have to adjust the travel on the linkage.
If you plan on using one for a long time get two that work. Then you will have plenty of spare parts to keep one running. Get both with the same MHZ then you will be able to test the boat or controller to see where the problem is.
I got mine for less than $55.00 each shipped. Not bad for 2 boats, 2 batteries, and 2 controls.
You can get a better boat for $100 to $150 and still have to get spare parts and batteries. You won't have a way to test it to see if the problem is the boat or controller.
bobwrgt is offline Find More Posts by bobwrgt
Old Aug 08, 2013, 05:41 PM
Joined Aug 2013
2 Posts
Thank you all for the heads up. Will check to see if it can be returned or replaced is preferred. I know that it is a cheaper boat, but seems like they should work at least for a little while before problems.
Btiggs28 is offline Find More Posts by Btiggs28