Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 20, 2012, 10:03 PM
United States, FL, Orange Park
Joined Aug 2007
2 Posts
Careful!
Carl Goldberg SU-26 Sukhoi

I'm attempting to complete a build of a Carl Coldberg Sukhoi that has been sitting in its box for 12+ years. My brother started to build it and did not build according to the plans. The wing was partially built but the ribs got severe hangar rash and are all but disintegrated. I was able to mostly re-create their shape by tracing the shards of wood, but the tabs that were originally on the ribs for fine tuning the wings washout were no longer on them, and the trailing edges were all missing. The plans don't have rib templates, so I'm having great difficulty recreating these things. Does anyone have any tracings of theirs that might help me re-create this wing? Or an un-built wing kit? The Goldberg site has the ribs listed but you can't purchase them anymore.

Jim
Snizbatch is offline Find More Posts by Snizbatch
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:11 PM
B for Bruce
The 'Wack, BC, Canada
Joined Oct 2002
11,288 Posts
Welcome to RCG.

You've picked the wrong forum for this question. "Report" your own post to a moderator and ask them to move it to "The Builder's Workshop" or some other forum that is more suitable. You'll get a better response there.
BMatthews is offline Find More Posts by BMatthews
Old Nov 24, 2012, 09:01 PM
The Prez....... again
United States, IA, Rockwell
Joined Jul 2011
3,892 Posts
As an alternative if you can salvage on tip rib and one root rib you can cut a foam wing. Done right the foam wing is not heavier than a built up wing. Other than this I can offer no other help.

Ken
kenh3497 is online now Find More Posts by kenh3497
Old Nov 09, 2013, 11:09 PM
United States, FL, Orange Park
Joined Aug 2007
2 Posts
Well, just an update... Sorry for posting in the wrong area. A buddy of mine took the root rib outline I snapped a picture of from the plans and traced it on AutoCAD. He drew a 3D wing to the closest dimensions I could get him and reproduced/resized all of the ribs to their proper station. He saved the cross sections as PDF files. I emailed those to National Balsa who charged just over $30 for wood and laser cutting. Attached is a picture of the build. The wing is now complete... on to the fuselage and undoubtedly more snags... but that's the fun part!
Snizbatch is offline Find More Posts by Snizbatch