HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:18 PM
MD
Joined Aug 2010
85 Posts
Discussion
Peace Drone FPV crash

Had my first FPV crash today with my Peace Drone. I had one successful flight in the morning with no issues. Charged the batteries and headed back out and flew for about 5 min before i started getting interference on the 72mhz. I was about .3 of a mile according to google earth the first time it happened. I tried to come home and do a landing but on downwind you can see what happened. I was about 300 yards out when she went in. I had LOS the entire flight. She's fixable, just wish I knew what caused the glitching. The good news is I was able to reproduce the issue with the ant on the controller collapsed standing about 10 yards away. The right aileron would go full deflection up and then return to neutral. Then, both wing servos would twitch followed by the right aileron going full deflection up again. I'll change the Corona receiver and see what happens.

Peace Drone FPV crash (1 min 34 sec)
Asymair95 is offline Find More Posts by Asymair95
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 05, 2012, 02:42 PM
Joined Jan 2011
2,299 Posts
I used to have that happen when orienting the antenna horizontally like they've always done

It stopped when i started using vertical polarization

The receiver wire aims down now in flight via long thin plastic servo guide wire tube

Folds under plane for landing and launch
So if it persists after all else change antenna orientation on plane
branflakes is offline Find More Posts by branflakes
Old Nov 05, 2012, 07:03 PM
MD
Joined Aug 2010
85 Posts
TX interference

Well i discovered the problem is video tx interference. This is odd because I flew this plane two times before the crash without even a glitch. Now when I do a range check with the video tx off I am able to walk 30-40 yards or more with the tx ant collapsed. When i turn on the video tx (Fatshark 250mw with skew planar) I can only go about 10 yards before I get severe interference.

The video tx is in the front of the plane and the 72mhz receiver is in the back. There is a good 3 feet between the two. I ran the receiver ant down the wing and out the tip. This is also 3 feet from the video tx. The video tx is powered off of the flight batt balance port through a filter that came with the Fatshark goggles (Attitude).

Does anyone have any ideas what can be causing this and what I can do about it?

Branflakes, I'm worried about the routing you suggested as the prop is on the back and I'm afraid of catching the ant in it.
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:20 PM
It just keeps getting better!
Eureka, CA
Joined Oct 2002
1,530 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by branflakes View Post
I used to have that happen when orienting the antenna horizontally like they've always done

It stopped when i started using vertical polarization

The receiver wire aims down now in flight via long thin plastic servo guide wire tube

Folds under plane for landing and launch
So if it persists after all else change antenna orientation on plane
I've used split shot fishing weights on the wire for the same purpose.
However, I like your idea better! Thanks for the tip.
Blue Sky is offline Find More Posts by Blue Sky
Old Nov 05, 2012, 10:58 PM
MD
Joined Aug 2010
85 Posts

Thought i would post a video of my set up to see if anyone can point out obscene errors on my part. This is my first FPV rig, so don't worry about hurting my feelings. I forgot to mention in the video this is a 5.8 system. A video is worth a thousand words right...

Hopefully we can get this sorted out so i can get back up in the air soon. Thanks fellas.

5.8 FPV set up (5 min 19 sec)