HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:13 AM
Yeah Baby
Joined Apr 2006
1,387 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathay Stray View Post
I'd like to personally address Messrs. Deltadeville, VASSILIS VOUTSAS and to lesser extent rob38: you guys got the planes, and here guys like me are not breathing while waiting for your reports and reviews.

Nothing has come out so far.

Something came from Simon the BigNose (though text only, not too much data but still better than nothing) and there is also some barely informative video shot in Indonesia (thanks to Fahmi43, also better than nothing).

However these two reports are not anywhere near a review one would expect to read in a magazine like "WHAT FPV airframe". With build log*, description of goods and bads, pictures, flight impressions in all detail and so on. With comparisons to a few other planes (thanks to Simon we at least know where the COndor is between 1680 and 1900, but that's too little).
___
* Rob38 published his log and pics at another website, errrr...

Please hurry up gents. There were many other guys willing to put their hands on the new Condors for free (not me, no - I live in China and have easier access to these things), but you were the first ones to grab the luck. It wasn't a charity, it was a deal. Chinese vendor carried out his obligation, what about you...
TBH with you I didn't upload any pics as I felt this thread had enough build pics to see how the plane came together (just thought it would be overdosing the thread), this is the reason why I didn't upload
As for what else I can do for you I cant answer because FPVmodel have said they like my review and have actually got my video I did on they're web site.
The weather here sucks at the moment and with work commitments, also being heavily into multis as well, time is a real headache for me at the moment
When the weather breaks I promise to upload more vids, perhaps a run through of what I have on the Condor as well
Hope this goes to someway of answering your question
Kind regards
Simon
bignose13 is offline Find More Posts by bignose13
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 11:46 PM
Joined Jul 2012
423 Posts
since you live in china and care about our new produce, we can do something for you, what you think Cathay Stray
Quote:
I'd like to personally address Messrs. Deltadeville, VASSILIS VOUTSAS and to lesser extent rob38: you guys got the planes, and here guys like me are not breathing while waiting for your reports and reviews.

Something came from Simon the BigNose (though text only, not too much data but still better than nothing) and there is also some barely informative video shot in Indonesia (thanks to Fahmi43, also better than nothing).

However these two reports are not anywhere near a review one would expect to read in a magazine like "WHAT FPV airframe". With build log*, description of goods and bads, pictures, flight impressions in all detail and so on. With comparisons to a few other planes (thanks to Simon we at least know where the COndor is between 1680 and 1900, but that's too little).
___

Please hurry up gents. There were many other guys willing to put their hands on the new Condors for free (not me, no - I live in China and have easier access to these things), but you were the first ones to grab the luck. It wasn't a charity, it was a deal. Chinese vendor carried out his obligation, what about you...
fpvmodels is offline Find More Posts by fpvmodels
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 12, 2012, 10:38 AM
Flying Zayin
China, Guangdong, Guangzhou
Joined May 2012
818 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvmodels View Post
since you live in china and care about our new produce, we can do something for you, what you think Cathay Stray
多谢你了, but I'm used to finding solutions through 淘宝
However let's exchange names and phone numbers, I'm sure there will be a chance some day, and I'll be happy to be of use. (use personal messaging pls)
我在广州番禺。

- Mark -
Cathay Stray is online now Find More Posts by Cathay Stray
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:10 AM
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2005
5,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bignose13 View Post
The return of the old flat style cockpit canopy foam as well as This one. Easier to mount big cameras.
Oooooohhhhh. Good point! I didn't notice it until you mentioned it. I use a GoPro for my camera. The flat cockpit canopy allows me to mount a servo under the deck and the GoPro above it. If this doesn't have that flat deck then I'll look at another plane..

If you look at my blog you can see how I mounted the GoPro and pan servo on the Skywalker 168..
typicalaimster is offline Find More Posts by typicalaimster
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: I was bored
Old Oct 12, 2012, 11:48 AM
KISS
Joined Oct 2009
1,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster View Post
Oooooohhhhh. Good point! I didn't notice it until you mentioned it. I use a GoPro for my camera. The flat cockpit canopy allows me to mount a servo under the deck and the GoPro above it. If this doesn't have that flat deck then I'll look at another plane..

If you look at my blog you can see how I mounted the GoPro and pan servo on the Skywalker 168..
Why dont you get something like this
http://www.fpvmodel.com/skywalker-pan_p179.html
Or make your own.
hefest is offline Find More Posts by hefest
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:00 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefest View Post
Why dont you get something like this

Or make your own.
Could do that to. That is IF it will fit on this version of the Skywalker.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 12:24 PM
SILURIA / UK
United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2009
2,429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by typicalaimster View Post
Could do that to. That is IF it will fit on this version of the Skywalker.
They are interchangeable.

or you could cut a flat out of the foam. Put some liteply on it and mount gopro to that.

Fuselage is more or less identical. You can fit 1680 wings to a 1880 or vice versa.
Bignose tried mine on his.

I don't think any of the new ones do the flat canopy. I agree with bignose - would be good to have a flat one with
Shikra is offline Find More Posts by Shikra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: MultiWii OSD - MWOSD NG
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:18 PM
Joined Jan 2005
5,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikra View Post
I don't think any of the new ones do the flat canopy. I agree with bignose - would be good to have a flat one with
If it's something they can do on the cheap with extra cost it'd be nice. I know some vendors like to change minor things so they can sell more accessories. Granted I'm not going to complain about a $10 deck. It'd just be nice to have something right out of the box so you don't have to nickle and dime the thing.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 12, 2012, 04:50 PM
KISS
Joined Oct 2009
1,199 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusFPV View Post
[ I can only imagine
how this plane flies with;

4s 6000mah flight lipo,
Scorpion v2 3014-1040kv,
9x6 APCe prop,
ESC 60amp.

It will be more powerful, but cruising amps will be lower.
According to calculator that motor on 4S with 9x6 prop is going to prop stall.
hefest is offline Find More Posts by hefest
Old Oct 13, 2012, 02:43 AM
On a holiday?
Uppsala, Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
3,581 Posts
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fpvmodels View Post
Attention:

we have shiped 5 sets of New Black Condor skywalker 1880 for review

1.Deltadeville-Norway EMS:EE696054790CN

2. Fahmi43-Indonesia EMS:EE696054843CN

3. Simon Codd-UK EMS:EE695526847CN

4.VASSILIS VOUTSAS-Greece EMS:EE696054914CN

5.rob38-Holand-EMS: EA120804870HK

please post here when you receive the item and update with us when you start to bulid

___

Maybe there should be a beta-tester blacklist, in which non-producing selected testers are named? Sould be easier for FPV-vendors to avoid the ones that doesn't contribute? If nothing else I guess it would increase the chance of testers actually bothering to live up to their words. I too am a little annoyed when new products are announced and ppl are promising good reviews yet produce nothing.
boopidoo is offline Find More Posts by boopidoo
Old Oct 13, 2012, 12:59 PM
Norway
Joined Dec 2007
142 Posts
The new Skywalker Condor from fpv.model.com

The new Skywalker Condor from www.fpvmodel.com.

The aircraft has been completed for some time. I have not tested it and fly in FPV yet but hope and have the opportunity soon.
I've just taken a test visually, and I suspect that this will be my new favorite.

It is very good that skywalker factory has made ​​all versions wings (168.1880 and 1900) so that it fits on a single fuselage
As a tip to the factory should be accompanied by hinges to the rudder and aileron.

This is a temporary video until I fly FPV. More to come.
I thing this is a winner for FPV plane.

Skwalker Condor 1880 from www.fpvmodel.com (4 min 33 sec)
Deltadeville is offline Find More Posts by Deltadeville
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:31 AM
Night flier
United Kingdom, England, Bromyard
Joined Mar 2008
831 Posts
Hi I have broke my condor fuselage and needs a new one does anywhere sell just the fuz? Please let me knwow ASAP thanks Austin.
austin.laws is offline Find More Posts by austin.laws
Old Nov 10, 2012, 02:58 PM
DragonLINK UHF only!!!!
Joined Feb 2011
1,217 Posts
....anymore review or vids this new 1880mm wing flying?....

C'mon fellas, don't be shy. :-)
LexusFPV is offline Find More Posts by LexusFPV
Old Nov 10, 2012, 04:44 PM
Noord Holland
Joined Oct 2007
976 Posts
Hi guys

I don t follow this post s here. Sorry
I order all new fpv gear for the condor
Got condor ready to fly
But they sent a broken vtx this summer
I stil wait for new one

here i post my one post s

http://fpvlab.com/forums/showthread....ghlight=Condor

what i can tell you. The condor fly like a dream
It s a lot quicker than the 168
The condor really fly. And glide
Rob
rob38 is offline Find More Posts by rob38
Old Nov 11, 2012, 02:21 AM
Joined Oct 2011
11 Posts
I 've been flying 1680 all this season and i loved it but it's time to build new one. this time i'm gonna fly on 2x5000 4S combo and fly farer (around 30km range) with faster cruise speed, which version would be more suitable for me ? 1880 or 1900 ? Is there really such a big diffrence ?

Greetings
Hipek is offline Find More Posts by Hipek