HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2012, 07:43 PM
Jim in Santee
United States, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2001
194 Posts
Discussion
Aurora 9 Butterfly problem

I've read through previous threads and still don't have an answer. I'm setting up an Omega 1.8 electric glider which has full-span ailerons, no flaps. I want to use the ailerons as a spoiler controlled by the throttle stick.

I have butterfly activated and on the B switch. With 'divisional' set it deploys fully but with linear I get nothing. I was able to this working on another glider so that the throttle stick works the amount of butterfly and the only difference I see is that in the area where you set the on/off for the selected switch the working glider is set to 100% and the non-working glider is 0%.

I can't get that 0% changed to 100%. I can select it stays at 0%. I'm sure that will fix it but I have no idea how to change it.
jshelton is offline Find More Posts by jshelton
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2012, 11:03 PM
Launching!
Chula Vista, CA
Joined Jul 2006
1,380 Posts
Throttle Stick SET Position for Butterfly v 1.08 (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshelton View Post
I've read through previous threads and still don't have an answer. I'm setting up an Omega 1.8 electric glider which has full-span ailerons, no flaps. I want to use the ailerons as a spoiler controlled by the throttle stick.

I have butterfly activated and on the B switch. With 'divisional' set it deploys fully but with linear I get nothing. I was able to this working on another glider so that the throttle stick works the amount of butterfly and the only difference I see is that in the area where you set the on/off for the selected switch the working glider is set to 100% and the non-working glider is 0%.

I can't get that 0% changed to 100%. I can select it stays at 0%. I'm sure that will fix it but I have no idea how to change it.
USING FIRMWARE VERSION 1.08 (1)

From the butterfly screen:

1.) Press switch to get the the switch setup screen
2.) Press the triangle icon to the right of T.Stick Linear
3.) Press/highlight the XX% number between the off/on. The SET icon will appear in the lower righthand corner of the screen.
4.) Position throttle stick to the position that you would like butterfly to start deployment.
5.) Press SET to establish the Throttle Stick starting position for Butterfly deployment.

Hope this helps.

DC
dc812 is offline Find More Posts by dc812
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 05, 2012, 01:42 AM
Jim in Santee
United States, CA, Santee
Joined Oct 2001
194 Posts
Thanks DC - That's the process I went through and it stays stuck at 0%. Finally, decided to make a copy of my other glider where the butterfly DOES work on the throttle stick and redid the other settings so that I now have a complete setup for my Omega. It works great now but I still have no idea what the problem was!
jshelton is offline Find More Posts by jshelton