HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 08, 2011, 12:04 AM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2006
353 Posts
Discussion
PowerLab 8 Presets for LiIon and LiManganese

I can find no presets for either LiIon or for LiMn batteries.

I would think that these should have been provided with the charger since the specs specifically state the charger works with them.

Have I just missed this? I did a search of the manual and these batteries only show up in the specifications.

Where do we go to get or share presets. Does FMA have a site specifically for us to download more presets?
skubacb is offline Find More Posts by skubacb
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2011, 06:51 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,634 Posts
LiIon charge the same as LiPoly.

Very old LiIon were marked as 3.6V and thus can use the LiPoly Long Life 4.1 Preset.
Newer LiIon are marked 3.7 (same as LiPolys) and thus can use the LiPoly Presets.

LiMn .

There was a request for a higher voltage (charge to) months ago and the upper available limit in LiPoly was increasted to 4.3 V.

Remember that you can remame and modify the Presets to match your needs.

Sharing Presets.
There was talk of FMA creating a data base to share custom fuel tables but this has not happened as yet. It is very simple to create then save any Preset and thus share it with other PL8 owners.

Care to post requirements for charging LiMn as a refresher?

I seem to remember that LiManganese charge tge same as LiPolys or atleast the ones from years back did.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Last edited by everydayflyer; Nov 08, 2011 at 07:06 AM.
Old Nov 17, 2011, 03:57 AM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2006
353 Posts
Not an expert in batteries. That is why I expected FMA to setup a database of verified presets we could download.

All of my other chargers use a different cell voltage for LiIons.

Also, FMA advertises that this charger is for LiMn and LiIons. So I would expect them to have presets already available for us. Why make each user have to develop/setup a preset for something the charger is advertised to do?

I will do some research but feel that FMA should be the one doing this for us.
skubacb is offline Find More Posts by skubacb