HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 25, 2011, 01:58 AM
But often down to earth
Oklahoma, USA
Joined Sep 2010
736 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gree View Post
Hi guys - some advice would be great. I have an easystar and the guardian turned down to 1 on overall stabilisation, but when the plane gets a little speed I get terrible oscillations in the rudder. What individual setting do I need to change, and can anyone with an easystar tell me what is an ideal setting?

Thanks.
My Radian uses the rudder channel to the OSD. It works great. I don't get oscillations unless the Guardian gain is over 10 and the speed is above normal. Does the oscillation go away with gain at 0?

Steve
Floater73 is offline Find More Posts by Floater73
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 25, 2011, 02:00 AM
Joined Jun 2010
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floater73 View Post
My Radian uses the rudder channel to the OSD. It works great. I don't get oscillations unless the Guardian gain is over 10 and the speed is above normal. Does the oscillation go away with gain at 0?

Steve
yes it will go away on my wing i get now oscillations under 6
nabazul is offline Find More Posts by nabazul
Old Nov 25, 2011, 07:08 AM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,939 Posts
Thanks Mike. I'll give it a shot. Appreciate your help.
Gree is offline Find More Posts by Gree
Old Nov 26, 2011, 05:18 PM
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jun 2006
2,939 Posts
I thought if I turned the overall guardian gain down to zero it would turn stabilisation off completely...?
Gree is offline Find More Posts by Gree
Old Nov 26, 2011, 05:38 PM
United States, MI, Detroit
Joined Feb 2004
9,090 Posts
gain at 0 is off.
ashdec87 is offline Find More Posts by ashdec87
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:17 PM
Joined Sep 2010
89 Posts
I am setting up low throttle low trim for rth .Do I set trim to center or low when you run guardian wizard and how do you tell if it is working.
Thanks.
GBazz is offline Find More Posts by GBazz
Old Nov 28, 2011, 11:24 PM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBazz View Post
I am setting up low throttle low trim for rth .Do I set trim to center or low when you run guardian wizard and how do you tell if it is working.
Thanks.
GBazz

ET RTH will sense if it needs to have cruise throttle or climb throttle.

set your stick position to the normal positions you use when you are cruising or climbing at a reasonable rate.

set level flight to level flight.

You want the plane to fly, not dive.

set your altitude that you want, and if you have done everything correctly then your plane will fly back to you and circle at the home altitude.
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Nov 29, 2011, 12:51 AM
Joined Sep 2010
89 Posts
OK thanks .When I switch stab.on it moves ail. when I move plane but no movement when i move ail transmitter stick ?
Old Nov 29, 2011, 01:33 AM
Joined Sep 2010
89 Posts
Carlyle method any one know the set up
Old Nov 29, 2011, 05:38 AM
Austria / Vienna
Joined Feb 2007
1,293 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBazz View Post
Carlyle method any one know the set up
hi,

this method need a receiver with storable failsafe on the throttle-channel.

how it works:
the osd "learns" the failsafe position of the throttle channel during the rc-wizzard ... the moment you are asked to switch off the tx.
this method cheats a failsafe at good tx/rx connection .... so the rx has to give the same signal to the osd as in failsafe.

how to do:
store a throttle position to failsafe youŽll never reach during normal use and use this position to cheat the osd.
easy but complicated in flight: use the throttle trim to reach a value below 0-throttle.
my favorite: use a switch on your tx to switch on a mixer (fixed 150% to throttle). this will send the throttle channel always to "negative" equal where the stick is.

programming the failsafe of the rx and mixers in the tx vary by brand and type. therefore i can only describe the theoretical part. u can watch the throttle channel and the ractions during failsafe easily by using a servo.

cheers Thomas
Thint1 is offline Find More Posts by Thint1
Old Nov 30, 2011, 01:10 AM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined May 2009
373 Posts
My ahi is pretty good when I fly around until I use RTH. I suspect it happens when climb throttle is given(inducing vibrations to the wing) I tried to reduce climb rate too. If the plane banks to one side, so does the horizon. I have balanced my prop, ordered a few new ones too and checked the motor to a point where I don't know what else to try.

Is there a setting that I can try in the guardian menu perhaps that will reduce this inaccuracy? (gain too low or something?)

The guardian is installed in the foam at the CG of the wing.
Name: IMAG0539.jpg
Views: 157
Size: 90.5 KB
Description:
Name: IMAG0571.jpg
Views: 174
Size: 90.6 KB
Description:

If you're interested in this wing, here's my build log.

Many thanks
AeroM'ck'y is offline Find More Posts by AeroM'ck'y
Old Nov 30, 2011, 11:33 PM
Joined Nov 2011
7 Posts
Internal error 0306BE

Did anybody had this error and know the solution? Just installed the Guardian and after it was enabled this error showed up.
chc2111 is offline Find More Posts by chc2111
Old Dec 01, 2011, 12:25 AM
FPV junkie
United States, UT
Joined Jan 2011
3,365 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chc2111 View Post
Did anybody had this error and know the solution? Just installed the Guardian and after it was enabled this error showed up.
did you update the guardian firmware and run the servo analysis wizzard?
m_beeson is offline Find More Posts by m_beeson
Old Dec 01, 2011, 01:02 AM
United States, TX, Tomball
Joined Jan 2011
693 Posts
Is the guardian affected by nearby magnets? I am finishing up a build and the hatch which will house the electronics is secured by magnets. I hope I didn't goof here.
imagebuff is offline Find More Posts by imagebuff
Old Dec 01, 2011, 01:22 AM
Joined Oct 2011
106 Posts
I want to put the guardian I have here on a quad. Can I have all stabilisation features off and just use it for the artificial horizon?
smarm is offline Find More Posts by smarm