Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:31 AM
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Jun 2002
128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by imack View Post
Just got off the phone with Air Canada, and yes we can use our tickets for credit on our next flight, provided it's taken within 1 year.
That's great news!

Quote:
Regarding a re-schedule, I think we need to check with the sailplane chairman / MAAC to see if there are any rules regarding the timing of the trials relative to the worlds. I believe some countries hold their trials only weeks, not months before the worlds, but I'm not sure whether MAAC will allow this.
Good point. I know we've held F3J Trials quite 'late' because of MAAC's rules about the lead-time required for a Team Selection event. Will you contact Simon or shall I?

Quote:
How's the weather in early May in Vancouver?
It _can_ be very nice - we usually host our NWSS Spring Tune Up in late April/early May and we have had beautiful weather
raturne is offline Find More Posts by raturne
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 11, 2012, 12:31 PM
Win=span\massXpractice+lu ck
Joined Jul 2007
2,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raturne View Post
That's great news!

Good point. I know we've held F3J Trials quite 'late' because of MAAC's rules about the lead-time required for a Team Selection event. Will you contact Simon or shall I?

It _can_ be very nice - we usually host our NWSS Spring Tune Up in late April/early May and we have had beautiful weather
or snow...in may...June rocks though...
webbsolution is online now Find More Posts by webbsolution
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:18 PM
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Jan 2011
56 Posts
DLG contest

So no contest on this weekend?
Lev11081955 is offline Find More Posts by Lev11081955
Old Oct 11, 2012, 02:59 PM
just one more launch...
Canada, BC, Richmond
Joined Oct 2006
225 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lev11081955 View Post
So no contest on this weekend?
The team trial contest has been cancelled for this weekend.
meiche is offline Find More Posts by meiche
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:07 PM
Ivan MacKenzie
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Joined Nov 2002
575 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by raturne View Post
... Will you contact Simon or shall I?
If you could take care of this, it would be appreciated.

Ivan MacKenzie.
imack is offline Find More Posts by imack
Old Oct 11, 2012, 06:18 PM
Certifiable User
United States, WA, North Bend
Joined Mar 2011
870 Posts
Bummer. Oh well Eagle Butte looks sunny with lots of wind. I geuss I will head East instead of North.

Dave - Thanks for the offer of a place to crash.

Lev and Micheal and all others- was looking forward to flying with you guys and playing some glider games.

Lee
killercando is online now Find More Posts by killercando
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:30 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,912 Posts
Offer is still open for the next TS !

Quote:
Originally Posted by killercando View Post
Bummer. Oh well Eagle Butte looks sunny with lots of wind. I geuss I will head East instead of North.

Dave - Thanks for the offer of a place to crash.

Lev and Micheal and all others- was looking forward to flying with you guys and playing some glider games.

Lee
Old Oct 11, 2012, 07:40 PM
Vancouver, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
108 Posts
Selling an ELF DLG

Hi

I bought an ELF to see if my body would handle the launching. Unfortunately, this is not going to work. I am going to go for a 2m electric glider instead. If you are interested in the ELF give me a call. I have been flying it for about 3 weeks. It is amazing what it will do in the air I have had it in. No damage at all, it is pretty strong. It has the d 47's and Smart lipo. I have a 6255 but will keep that. $300. 604-222-8535 John
John63 is offline Find More Posts by John63
Last edited by John63; Oct 11, 2012 at 07:41 PM. Reason: grammar change
Old Oct 11, 2012, 08:42 PM
Joined Jul 2007
2,912 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John63 View Post
Hi

I bought an ELF to see if my body would handle the launching. Unfortunately, this is not going to work. I am going to go for a 2m electric glider instead. If you are interested in the ELF give me a call. I have been flying it for about 3 weeks. It is amazing what it will do in the air I have had it in. No damage at all, it is pretty strong. It has the d 47's and Smart lipo. I have a 6255 but will keep that. $300. 604-222-8535 John
I am considering the same scenario but Im looking for a full size DLG maybe an older blaster or something sturdy. I feel like my shoulder is 97% I managed ot get in 12 sets of bench press and 9 sets of flies and the only pain I get now is when I sleep on my shoulder. I think I am ready to lean into a DLG...
Old Oct 11, 2012, 10:37 PM
Canada, BC, North Vancouver
Joined Jun 2002
128 Posts
Quote:
If you could take care of this, it would be appreciated.
Done. I'll post the results of my query here...
raturne is offline Find More Posts by raturne
Old Oct 12, 2012, 01:58 AM
Canada, BC
Joined Jan 2010
294 Posts
Wish I had some-thing profound to say. Been looking forwards to this weekend fly off for some time.
Get you next year.
Airbud is online now Find More Posts by Airbud
Old Oct 12, 2012, 02:41 AM
Certifiable User
United States, WA, North Bend
Joined Mar 2011
870 Posts
SASS has a contest scheduled for October 20 . All are welcome. Here is the thread http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...571672&page=26
killercando is online now Find More Posts by killercando
Old Oct 14, 2012, 11:34 AM
Joined Jul 2007
2,912 Posts
Some %$#&#! beat me to a steal on a stobel by 13 minutes! so close!

OK so, im out of touch on DLG models of late and I see guys in this tread talking about Neo's and other related models. I frankly dont know which ones are worth considering and I think ill get two different types - one for wind and practise throwing and a lite unit for no wind contest days...

I need them to be super tough for monster throws. My arm and shoulder feel pretty stout now and at 80-90% last season I got 180+ feet launches on my stobel with harder throws...I was concerned thatt he stobel might not survive for long...

I inflicted some damage on a members predator - I "felt" like the throw was flat and in good form but it was quite hard...I dont want to repeat that.

What would you guys reccomend ?
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:13 PM
Congress, AZ
Joined Sep 2001
4,846 Posts
Webbsolution,

Where are you located? I have a Blaster B3 spreadtow wing that I'm asking $475 for. All servos, battery, ready to fly. Flies nice. Had a mid air, so there is a LE repair , little ugly, but I didn't paint it so that the buyer could see the repair. Repair is smooth and airfoil isn't damaged. These things are $750 delivered, plus servos.

I'm in Olympia until first week in Novemeber. PM me if interested.

Gary
GaryO is offline Find More Posts by GaryO
Old Oct 14, 2012, 02:21 PM
Canada, BC
Joined Jan 2010
294 Posts
I like the Stoble V3 and the Blaster 3 ST. The Concept Xtreme 2 flies nice also but I have not flowen one.
I am a little prejudice though because I just finished a new Stoble and since the rain started, I started on a new Blaster.
Airbud is online now Find More Posts by Airbud