Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 12, 2010, 05:37 PM
northern california
Joined Jun 2010
2 Posts
Discussion
cx2 rudder issue

My cx2 was flyin perfect till a blade strike. Put on new blades and lower rotor hub,and ever since it wont lift more than 5 ft and rudder drifts right bad. I completely rebuilt it motors bearings,gears,shafts,control unit all aluminum lower rotor hub swash plate frame tail boom kit,and it does the same thing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
joshw is offline Find More Posts by joshw
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 12, 2010, 05:50 PM
21st Century Space Cowboy
Chipping, Lancs, UK
Joined Oct 2006
2,935 Posts
Welcome! Did you say you'd replaced the motors too?

Tach.
TachyonDriver is offline Find More Posts by TachyonDriver
Old Jun 12, 2010, 07:17 PM
"whirlydude"
United States
Joined Sep 2008
1,508 Posts
Josh, if you took it all apart, a few things to look for is the brass step washer just above the gear on the outer shaft. Make sure it's on and the step is facing up, which goes against the bearing. Next I would check just above the 2nd bearing of the outer shaft is a collar. Make sure the beveled side of the collar faces down against the bearing. If you have the stock swash, check to see if it's together. Squeeze it together just to be sure. I would then check to make sure the top set of grub screws in the lower hub are lined up and inserted into the holes of the outer shaft. It sounds like you may have some friction from binding causing the heli not to rise and yawing to the left. One more thing to check is the gear on the bottom of the inner shaft, to make sure the set screws are tight and against the flat part of the shaft. Good Luck!
flyeraroo is offline Find More Posts by flyeraroo
Old Jun 12, 2010, 07:36 PM
northern california
Joined Jun 2010
2 Posts
Thank you for input guys. Yes i replaced both motors. Everything except the receiver. Control unit wont adjust enough right rudder drift.
joshw is offline Find More Posts by joshw