HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 11, 2010, 05:32 PM
It's just a hobby
USA, GA, Hoschton
Joined Nov 2005
10,200 Posts
Got to maiden my 70" electric Slick today and I had a blast. It's a Slick so you know if flew great.

MLT
MLT67 is offline Find More Posts by MLT67
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 11, 2010, 05:38 PM
Advocating for RC Aviation
USA, NJ, Phillipsburg
Joined Jul 2010
1,390 Posts
November was breezy in the NE and I was fine tuning an 8S 70" EF Extra 300 to have a heavier aerobat for windy days; I forgot how much I really loved my AJ Slick (which was in the hangar during Oct waiting for a replacement Ice 100 anyway). Both are great, the 6S Slick is better when is the winds are calm (our field tends to windy anyway).
danamania is offline Find More Posts by danamania
Old Dec 11, 2010, 05:50 PM
May the Farce be with you...
Duncanville, Alabama. USA
Joined Dec 2006
8,475 Posts
Congrats MLT!
Where's the pics and video?

George
refugeefromcalif is offline Find More Posts by refugeefromcalif
Old Dec 11, 2010, 05:51 PM
Chicago, IL
Joined Nov 2009
2,994 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLT67 View Post
Got to maiden my 70" electric Slick today and I had a blast. It's a Slick so you know if flew great.

MLT
Yeah, it flies great. Maidened mine in Nov, and maidened my 51 this morning. The 70" flies better IMO.

Vien
vienquach is online now Find More Posts by vienquach
Old Dec 11, 2010, 06:18 PM
United States, GA, Woodstock
Joined Jan 2007
6,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLT67 View Post

MLT
Sweet....I took my 70 and 51 for a spin today too. The weather didnt quite do what was forcast...much coolder and breezy. Tried out my GoPro HD on a hat mount....did pretty well but the overcast made the video a bit gloomy. Ill post it when it renders....nothing exciting.....just some harriers and such.
GoldCraft is offline Find More Posts by GoldCraft
Old Dec 11, 2010, 08:35 PM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,648 Posts
I'd like to see the footage from your gopro.
Irg is offline Find More Posts by Irg
Old Dec 11, 2010, 08:48 PM
Joined Jan 2007
6,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
I'd like to see the footage from your gopro.
Im uploading a hat cam now....had to use youtube because Im at my limit on Vimeo. Here is one I did with the gopro on my 51. The camera is so light you can place it almost anywhere with velcro. This ones shot at 720i @ 60fps. You can go to my Vimeo page and see others from my gopro.

51" AJ Slick with GoPro HD (5 min 10 sec)
Old Dec 11, 2010, 09:04 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,433 Posts
WOW that looks good. I need to get a good camcorder. I didnt even know that they could do 60fps
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Dec 11, 2010, 09:08 PM
Joined Jan 2007
6,759 Posts
Here is the one from my hat cam today....the conditions were poor at best and youtube compression blows compared to Vimeo so the results are not as good as they could be. One thing for sure is you need to stay in fairly close with this camera due to the focal length of the lens. Not much to the flying as the wind was kicking up too. This one is rendered at 30fps.

Slickness (6 min 29 sec)
Old Dec 11, 2010, 11:56 PM
San Antonio, TX
Joined Sep 2008
3,329 Posts
great flying GC. I love the Gas slick you have really got that motor running well. Hopefully have mine starting to break in here. Need to mess the mixture up just a bit and it will be happy. I need to mount my go pro on my plane. looks great.
twistedgrim is offline Find More Posts by twistedgrim
Old Dec 12, 2010, 08:53 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,648 Posts
the plane mounted vid looks great. the hatcam is pretty much what I expected. too bad they don't make one without the wide angle lens...
Old Dec 12, 2010, 09:07 AM
USA, FL, Stuart
Joined Jul 2009
2,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldCraft View Post
Im uploading a hat cam now....had to use youtube because Im at my limit on Vimeo. Here is one I did with the gopro on my 51. The camera is so light you can place it almost anywhere with velcro. This ones shot at 720i @ 60fps. You can go to my Vimeo page and see others from my gopro.

http://vimeo.com/17663650
can you show how you mount the gopro ? I have it but havent put it up yet
starzen is offline Find More Posts by starzen
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:33 AM
Joined Jan 2007
6,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by starzen View Post
can you show how you mount the gopro ? I have it but havent put it up yet
The onboard is simply velcroed to the wing next to the fuselage. For the hat cam its velcroed to the bill of a ball cap. I hot glued the the velcro to the cap to keep it from pulling off....very simple. A cheap new cap with a unbent bill works best

If you want to do spins and snaps with the onboard you will need to secure it better than I did.....I just stuck the velcro on the wing which was ok for the mild stuff I was doing .
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:42 AM
Joined Jan 2007
6,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irg View Post
the plane mounted vid looks great. the hatcam is pretty much what I expected. too bad they don't make one without the wide angle lens...
Yeah...I have a flip cam to try too....It has zoom capability which would work better ...I can set it on 3x and that would be perfect for my flying.
Old Dec 12, 2010, 10:44 AM
Irg
ol' yellow eyes is back
Brooklyn, NY
Joined Apr 2009
7,648 Posts
lol I wasn't trying to poop on your flying!

I would be very curious to see vid from the flip cam, as that was my exact plan for a hat cam setup. Those flipcams are super light and pretty cheap. My buddy took some video of me flying with one and it was great, the quality at least. My buddy seemed to be incapable of finding the plane and keeping his fingers off the zoom...