Old Feb 17, 2015, 05:12 PM
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
3,835 Posts
Looks solid! well done cnc lets see a pic of it in the fusi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnchelicopter View Post
The long journey to have removable wings. Also notice that I created a separate servo box for the slat. I also created the removable antenna using a nut. Also cut a slot for the elevator servo wires. The landing gear will come from SU-35. Thinking of cutting the cheater slits intake like the real thing...
IntheTubeDeep is online now Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 17, 2015, 05:19 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,966 Posts
Quote:
The long journey to have removable wings. Also notice that I created a separate servo box for the slat. I also created the removable antenna using a nut. Also cut a slot for the elevator servo wires. The landing gear will come from SU-35. Thinking of cutting the cheater slits intake like the real thing...
Do you have a pic of the fuse where it mounts? What keeps the wing from sliding off? Does the wing cf rods go through the intake? Thanks.
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Feb 18, 2015, 12:26 AM
United States, CA, Garden Grove
Joined Sep 2011
304 Posts
havnt built the joint connection yet...will post when am done
cnchelicopter is online now Find More Posts by cnchelicopter
Old Feb 23, 2015, 09:58 AM
ITTD you're Clear for Takeoff!
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Jan 2011
3,835 Posts
How 'bout now?

Quote:
havnt built the joint connection yet...will post when am done
IntheTubeDeep is online now Find More Posts by IntheTubeDeep
Old Feb 23, 2015, 10:37 AM
Joined Sep 2011
304 Posts
Since u insist...plus some other mod. Look simple but took me alot of simulation and external testing before I decided on this design because it also affect landing gear monut. The mount is 80% done..just some minor work but the wing is solidly mounted. Added weight is 100 gram
Old Feb 23, 2015, 07:16 PM
90mm F-16
Joined Apr 2006
5,006 Posts
Maybe you can use this joining method from the HSD J-10. A lot of wiring will be avoided.
Tartago is offline Find More Posts by Tartago
Old Feb 23, 2015, 07:30 PM
United States, NM, Clovis
Joined Oct 2011
3,966 Posts
Quote:
Since u insist...plus some other mod. Look simple but took me alot of simulation and external testing before I decided on this design because it also affect landing gear monut. The mount is 80% done..just some minor work but the wing is solidly mounted. Added weight is 100 gram
So does the carbon wing spars go into the wood block?
DamonH is online now Find More Posts by DamonH
Old Feb 23, 2015, 07:41 PM
Joined Sep 2011
304 Posts
I have the J10...a crashed one...so I know how and have all the spart parts to make it, but the wimg is very thin on the Mig...so I will have to fabricate a connector for it and I might not have the skill to do it. ..unless I get a 3D printer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tartago View Post
Maybe you can use this joining method from the HSD J-10. A lot of wiring will be avoided.
Old Feb 23, 2015, 07:44 PM
90mm F-16
Joined Apr 2006
5,006 Posts
Quote:
I have the J10...a crashed one...so I know how and have all the spart parts to make it, but the wimg is very thin on the Mig...so I will have to fabricate a connector for it and I might not have the skill to do it. ..unless I get a 3D printer
There is a good exc... I say, need for a 3D printer.
Tartago is offline Find More Posts by Tartago
Old Feb 23, 2015, 07:53 PM
Joined Sep 2011
304 Posts
Yep... the hardest part is to have the carbon rod straight into the wing and in the middle bc the wing is very thin. Each wing has 3 carbon rods....2rounds one that protrude out of the wing and a flat one that implanted into the wing and run all the way near the tip. Collars will stop the wing from sliding out... My technique require less surgery than Madison techniques. I am not that skilled like Madison to do all that surgeries . My extra SU35 LG will be used...they are more generic and easy to replace. I have beefed up my SU35 LG and they are very sturdy and strong at the same time they are very easy mod to do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamonH View Post
So does the carbon wing spars go into the wood block?