HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:32 PM
fly and then fly some more!
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_TT View Post
I would think that motor is no different than a Turnigy 35(D)30(L) KV1100. EMP (or some other Chinese motor companies) makes these motors and rebranded them everywhere. I have good experienced with EMP/Turnigy/Rc timer 3530 series motor. Real life 350W with 12x6 APC, but the back plate get very hot after back-to-back flight. Got them on eBay for $12 shipped and have hundreds of fights on them so no compliant here.

I do have an Omega 72 on my Ultimate Bipe, my test was 280W with 11x5 APC, have not tried a 12x6 yet but Omega runs much smoother in my view.

I also have good experience with Corona servos, wondering how others feel about this brand?
I have always heard good things about corona servos. Are you using some on this plane?
nickelbn1 is offline Find More Posts by nickelbn1
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 28, 2012, 12:51 PM
Infinite Zenith
United States, TX, Arlington
Joined Sep 2006
2,467 Posts
I just placed my order on mine since I just came back from an uneventful flight. I crash my first 3DHS plane. A 2 year old orange 41" buck huck. So this one will take it's guts.
Draven is offline Find More Posts by Draven
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:08 PM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
https://clubheli.3dcartstores.com/mo...sp?itemid=3587

Interesting. Never heard of it. 6v though.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:12 PM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,193 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickelbn1 View Post
I have always heard good things about corona servos. Are you using some on this plane?
I have them on my foamie 3D, but I am afraid of trying them out on a premium branded airframe. Because once I crashed, people would blame my for going cheap! I saw you in the EF 48" Edge thread. Do you decide to get one? I thought I have a deal on a 48" Edge but the seller backed out a week later.. so, back to the planning table.
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:19 PM
United States, PA, Philadelphia
Joined Dec 2011
2,193 Posts
Quote:
https://clubheli.3dcartstores.com/mo...sp?itemid=3587

Interesting. Never heard of it. 6v though.
I built two TechOne planes for my friends and found the T-motor/ESC are surprisingly good. Performs much better than EMP/Turnigy and the fit and finish is on par to an Omega, and their pricing reflects that.
Vince_TT is offline Find More Posts by Vince_TT
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:30 PM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince_TT View Post
I have them on my foamie 3D, but I am afraid of trying them out on a premium branded airframe. Because once I crashed, people would blame my for going cheap! I saw you in the EF 48" Edge thread. Do you decide to get one? I thought I have a deal on a 48" Edge but the seller backed out a week later.. so, back to the planning table.
Once i can get my eflite extra sold i will be buying the ef edge.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:46 PM
United States, OH, Youngstown
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:
I use a cc Thunderbird. They dont have 6v capabilities
Ok you are running the TB 54.. I run the ice 50 or ice light 50 for the ability to adjust the voltage... I think you are only getting 4.8 volts with that speedo, not sure though.
that would make a big diff on the torque
3171scott is offline Find More Posts by 3171scott
Old Sep 28, 2012, 02:57 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2004
126 Posts
http://www.twistedhobbys.com/Power-Combo-Telink-RCF-Planes-48-Models-Power-Combo-Teli

I think I am going to buy this set up and put in my beat up 41" Buck Huck.... Those parts are going into the new 40" EPP but Everything for $98 .... Worth the $ to test it out.

I am finding that as hard as I fly (and crash) I need to go as cheap as possible because I am wearing everything out pretty fast anyway. Trying to find that perfect bang for my buck sweet spot. My Omega 72 seems to have less power after half a dozen nose ins. Might be my Batteries but I have lost some definte top end power recently.
bigbookfrank is offline Find More Posts by bigbookfrank
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:30 PM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbookfrank View Post
I think I am going to buy this set up and put in my beat up 41" Buck Huck.... Those parts are going into the new 40" EPP but Everything for $98 .... Worth the $ to test it out.

I am finding that as hard as I fly (and crash) I need to go as cheap as possible because I am wearing everything out pretty fast anyway. Trying to find that perfect bang for my buck sweet spot. My Omega 72 seems to have less power after half a dozen nose ins. Might be my Batteries but I have lost some definte top end power recently.
Might help if you stop crashing. Lol.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 03:48 PM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3171scott View Post
Ok you are running the TB 54.. I run the ice 50 or ice light 50 for the ability to adjust the voltage... I think you are only getting 4.8 volts with that speedo, not sure though.
Doesnt say on their site. I emailed them.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:09 PM
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Mar 2004
126 Posts
Nss

No BS - Easier said than done though. had a sim for about a month but it bored me.

Quote:
Might help if you stop crashing. Lol.
bigbookfrank is offline Find More Posts by bigbookfrank
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:20 PM
Registered Pilot
United States, NY, New York
Joined Oct 2006
955 Posts
Quote:
I have the Castle Ice 50 Lite that 3DHS sells with the plane. I'm in the middle of my build. Can you please explain what you mean about adjusting the voltage and why it matters?
bmschulman is offline Find More Posts by bmschulman
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:31 PM
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmschulman View Post
I have the Castle Ice 50 Lite that 3DHS sells with the plane. I'm in the middle of my build. Can you please explain what you mean about adjusting the voltage and why it matters?
If you have the castle link, witch links your speedo to a PC. and once you download the program from Castle Creations you connect them and you can change a bunch of settings. You can adjust the timing, voltage output and other stuff.

The reasion matters for the fact that servos torque is raited at two voltages 4.8 and 6 volt. So if you are looking to get the max out of your servos you need 6 volts.

Also if you hook up a watt meeter you can make adjustments to the power system.

Hope that helps, Scott
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:37 PM
Springdale, AR
Joined Dec 2006
2,178 Posts
Quote:
If you have the castle link, witch links your speedo to a PC. and once you download the program from Castle Creations you connect them and you can change a bunch of settings. You can adjust the timing, voltage output and other stuff.

The reasion matters for the fact that servos torque is raited at two voltages 4.8 and 6 volt. So if you are looking to get the max out of your servos you need 6 volts.

Also if you hook up a watt meeter you can make adjustments to the power system.

Hope that helps, Scott
The ice series esc's can actually be adjusted from 5.0v all the way to 7.0v!
Old Sep 28, 2012, 04:43 PM
Joined Apr 2011
317 Posts
Quote:
The ice series esc's can actually be adjusted from 5.0v all the way to 7.0v!
Not sure i would go to 7 if the servos are not raited for it. But if you have high voltage servos your good to go.