SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 12, 2015, 03:34 AM
Find More Posts by Flyingboats
Bash crash hopefully no splash
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Apr 2012
998 Posts
Some video of my FBL 912 from last weekend after trimming the blades further. I'm running an FF200 HK motor with 9T pinion and this was well flyable with the extra trimming, although would be better with a 10T. KiwiCraig has this combo on his FX71 and is getting 3000rpm at full throttle, should be good in the field!

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...2472441&page=4

I've been running mildly trimmed blades on the 912's for a while, but the latest rim was to stop the nose from pitching up in the wind. I believe it has equal application to flybarred 912's to improve handling in the wind.

V912 Double BL & FBL with ZYX -Trimmed blades (3 min 49 sec)
Flyingboats is online now Find More Posts by Flyingboats
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 12, 2015, 05:17 PM
Find More Posts by Mariodutti
Spain, CN, Las Palmas
Joined Dec 2014
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig View Post
the top and bottom chassis plates are very light - thin on this machine. The clip actually braces the top plate - PCB support - to the bottom plate. With out the support clip the top plate flexes badly and makes the bird fly like crap from my experience ?

I've already replaced the top plate because it had failed under flexural fatigue, it broke off two of the three section back towards the motor mount. The V912 chassis is allot stronger - thicker in this area in comparison. If anything I want to beef up the clip to better brace the PCB support to the bottom plate and reinforce the top plate back towards the motor mount area, it has two cut outs in the plate profile, the remaining narrow plastic sections break off eventually......... two V913 battery clips and some 3mm CF tube look to be a suitable solution for the battery clip and allow a wider battery to fit as well. Or some 1mm CF sheet and box the sides top to bottom plates. Ive looked at placing the pcb in the bottom and making an inclined battery plate, but the PCB won't fit in the space, again on the 912 this is doable as everything is just that much larger space wise........

34mm is a very common battery width, where as the stock 30mm is near impossible to find, only decent suitably narrow unit is the turnigy 950 nanotech.

My brushless setup eats the cheap WL 929 "1200" batteries I've been running, they where fine with the brushed motor but the brushless sucks them dead........ simply not enough C rating to provide a decent service life....... thrown out 4 in the last week with dead cells.......

getting a decent higher C rating 1100 - 1200 - 1300 mah sized battery is now a priority for me to keep the brushless flying.
Hi Kiwi, yesterday I ordered my fx071. I have to solve this problem because I donŽt want to buy new lipos having now 8 / 7'4V 1000mAh (wider than the original). When my heli arrives IŽll investigate how to insert wider lipo without flexural fatigue of the top chasis. If I find an effective solution IŽll write you to explain my solution. Also if you solve this problems IŽll be glad to read you
Mariodutti is offline Find More Posts by Mariodutti
Old Aug 13, 2015, 02:25 PM
Find More Posts by jakeaheli
Joined Feb 2015
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_craig View Post
add the 913 tail blade for allot more tail authority, trim to get neutral hold
Kiwi_craig,

Which of the 2 do i order for my V912 tail again ?

http://www.banggood.com/Wholesale-MJ...--p-46505.html

OR

http://www.banggood.com/WLtoys-V913-...3-p-69901.html

Thanks
Jake
jakeaheli is offline Find More Posts by jakeaheli
Old Aug 13, 2015, 04:02 PM
Find More Posts by kiwi_craig
Slideways at warp speed.......
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Mar 2014
2,387 Posts
V913............... the MJX unit is HUGE..........
kiwi_craig is offline Find More Posts by kiwi_craig
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: V930 CF driveshaft
Old Aug 13, 2015, 04:45 PM
Joined Feb 2015
159 Posts
Alright the second link then. Thanks bro
Old Aug 17, 2015, 02:33 PM
Find More Posts by OrangeBird
Wow, the sky is clear
Canada, QC, Chicoutimi
Joined Aug 2012
1,029 Posts
Hi Guys

Save 34 % on FQ777-124 Pocket Drone 4CH 6Axis Quad, just clik on the photo ( for 6 days only )

Click on Section # 99
OrangeBird is offline Find More Posts by OrangeBird
Last edited by OrangeBird; Aug 17, 2015 at 02:58 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2015, 08:03 AM
Joined Feb 2015
159 Posts
Just wondering what size heli is the V912? I mean how would you compare them to the Blade sizes.

Is the V912 closer to a Blade 180?? 200?? 230?? sizewise.

Jake
Old Aug 20, 2015, 10:32 AM
Find More Posts by JW57RC
Fueled by coffee & LiPo
United States, FL, Venice
Joined Apr 2014
347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeaheli View Post
Just wondering what size heli is the V912? I mean how would you compare them to the Blade sizes.

Is the V912 closer to a Blade 180?? 200?? 230?? sizewise.

Jake
The V912 is just slightly longer than the Blade 200SRX. The rotor blade length is very nearly the same. I have modded this V912 with the lifted tail but it is about the same overall length as stock.

The brushed V912 is great to fly, but the brushless, flybarless 200SRX is a thrilling ride!
JW57RC is online now Find More Posts by JW57RC
Old Aug 20, 2015, 06:05 PM
Find More Posts by kiwi_craig
Slideways at warp speed.......
New Zealand, Auckland
Joined Mar 2014
2,387 Posts
and the FX 071 fits neatly between the two flight wise
kiwi_craig is offline Find More Posts by kiwi_craig
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: V930 CF driveshaft
Old Aug 21, 2015, 06:14 AM
Find More Posts by Made in Germany
Joined Aug 2015
2 Posts
WHERE IS THE BUTTON FOR EXPERT MODE?

Hey guys,

im fully new into helicopter flying, got my first heli this days. Its a 912 (upgraded version-bubbles-fountain). Ive learned 4 channel flying with my hubsan X4 (more than 2 jears practice now).

The funktions of the radio transmitter are similar to my hubson, so flying isnt hard to learn for me. Got my mayden flight yesterday, 5 batteries and no crash .

But i have a problem, i cant find the expert mode on this new radio controller. The old versions have the expert button on left shoulder button. it seems changed now? In my desription and printed on the left button, it is for this new gadgets (bubbles,cam,fountain). There is no button showed for expert mode. Is there only one mode left for the new v912 version?

Thanks for help
Made in Germany is offline Find More Posts by Made in Germany
Old Aug 21, 2015, 08:15 AM
Find More Posts by JW57RC
Fueled by coffee & LiPo
United States, FL, Venice
Joined Apr 2014
347 Posts
Can you post a photo of the TX? Also, maybe a link to the item f you bought it from a web site?
JW57RC is online now Find More Posts by JW57RC
Old Aug 21, 2015, 09:11 AM
Find More Posts by Crash Override
is always breaking stuff :D
United States, MI, Charter Twp of Clinton
Joined Dec 2014
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Made in Germany View Post
WHERE IS THE BUTTON FOR EXPERT MODE?

Hey guys,

im fully new into helicopter flying, got my first heli this days. Its a 912 (upgraded version-bubbles-fountain). Ive learned 4 channel flying with my hubsan X4 (more than 2 jears practice now).

The funktions of the radio transmitter are similar to my hubson, so flying isnt hard to learn for me. Got my mayden flight yesterday, 5 batteries and no crash .

But i have a problem, i cant find the expert mode on this new radio controller. The old versions have the expert button on left shoulder button. it seems changed now? In my desription and printed on the left button, it is for this new gadgets (bubbles,cam,fountain). There is no button showed for expert mode. Is there only one mode left for the new v912 version?

Thanks for help
Bottom right of the radio, there's a button pad with four buttons in a circle. After everything is powered up, press the L/H Converter button you find there. That switches you from low rates to high rates. A further boost in rates can be had by pressing and holding in the large chrome button on the RIGHT shoulder of the radio.
Crash Override is online now Find More Posts by Crash Override
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Parkzone P-47 D Snortin' Bull
Old Aug 21, 2015, 11:14 AM
Find More Posts by Made in Germany
Joined Aug 2015
2 Posts
Aaaaaaah...that L-H converter button is the right key? U can see in my description it is named "rudder changing button". I thought it reverses some directions of control. I was thinking it means "left hand converter". Thats the reason, why i didnt try the button in the air yesterday^^.

Low-high rates...of course...not left hand converter. It seems i need more practice in english haha .

I have read this thread till page 100, before buying a few days ago at ebay. So i opened allready the tx and put the "turbo" wires together. I shortened the plastik port (screwhole for mainblades) on top, to reduce flybar hits, and i added some softpads at the tail. I removed that short tail blade protektor and added a wire. Now i have more room under the blades + i think wind has a smaller surface to attack.

i have allready the f45 brushed motor set here...just waiting that the stock motors die .

I fly with the turnigy nano tech 1000 mah 25-50c (60 gramms). they give a lot more nose weight for FFF than the oem ones (50 gramms). Maybe a bit too much...the turnigy 950 mah, 25-50c (46 grams) could be a better option. But then the tail gets a bit heavy and the heli allways drifts back maybe? Didnt test it now.

BTW... nice forum here. Thanks for your fast answers !!

Keep it flying
Made in Germany is offline Find More Posts by Made in Germany
Last edited by Made in Germany; Aug 21, 2015 at 11:24 AM. Reason: wrong pic
Old Aug 21, 2015, 07:56 PM
Joined Feb 2015
159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JW57RC View Post
The V912 is just slightly longer than the Blade 200SRX. The rotor blade length is very nearly the same. I have modded this V912 with the lifted tail but it is about the same overall length as stock.

The brushed V912 is great to fly, but the brushless, flybarless 200SRX is a thrilling ride!
Thanks for that JW,

Just wanted to get an idea how the V912 looks in comparison to the Blade series.
Last edited by jakeaheli; Aug 24, 2015 at 06:25 PM.