New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2015, 02:29 PM
Find More Posts by Windependence
Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,837 Posts
Outstanding!! I am so glad you were able to get that sailplane flying again. I am also glad to hear it flies so well. Maybe you have a new Hiss and Boink contender there. Did you take the blue and yellow wings also? If so I found out what they are and what sailplane they originally belonged to. What did you do about the missing nose cone/hatch cover? Whatever you did it looks good in the pictures.

Wayne
Windependence is offline Find More Posts by Windependence
Last edited by Windependence; Aug 27, 2015 at 02:35 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2015, 02:38 PM
Find More Posts by ScienceGuyOrg
Joined Mar 2011
98 Posts
The nose cone for this glider was found, I will have to make a canopy for the larger glider. Yes I have those wings also. Someone jokingly said old gliders have lift stored up in them ready to go.
ScienceGuyOrg is offline Find More Posts by ScienceGuyOrg
Old Aug 27, 2015, 02:48 PM
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,837 Posts
It looks to me like you have a great backup sailplane for the GL., or maybe its the other way around. I will look through my notes this evening when I get home and will get you the sailplane name and see if I can piece together the matching set of plans. They are yours if you want them.

Wayne
Old Aug 27, 2015, 02:56 PM
Find More Posts by ScienceGuyOrg
Joined Mar 2011
98 Posts
I was thinking maybe the one 2 piece wing could be made to work on the GL, the wing for that is a little patched up after landing in a tree.
ScienceGuyOrg is offline Find More Posts by ScienceGuyOrg
Old Aug 27, 2015, 03:01 PM
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,837 Posts
For what its worth, I have a one piece 2 meter wing from an RO-8 that needs a home. It might work well on a GL fuselage. Has a little hanger rash on one of the outboard TE pieces and a couple of the LE turbulators need attention. Think about it. I can post some pictures later if you want.

Wayne
Old Aug 27, 2015, 09:10 PM
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Mar 2008
2,837 Posts
Bill, the blue and yellow wing you have is for an Ultra Mk IV. It was published in Model Builder in January of 1983. I have a set of plans for it but they are in tough shape. Part of the fuselage is missing from the plan but the entire wing and tail are present. A new set of plans are available from the AMA plan service. Model Builder plan number 1831. I also have a a fuselage for it mostly built. It has the tail assembled and attached. It would need sanding and the fine finish work. The plane was originally designed as an electric but it appears that Vern had built this fuselage as a string launch.

It is yours if you want it, just let me know.

Wayne
Last edited by Windependence; Aug 28, 2015 at 04:44 PM.